ticket transfer success rate thread

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by scottk964, Mar 27, 2006.

1. GMoneyuk2001

GMoneyuk2001 New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Update on my situation:
    I have 2 tickets in my possession for the 2 matches applied for in my name, successfully (so far) transferred from the original name.
    I asked the ombudsman what to do re sending proof or hardship, but they repleid saying they could only respond to transfer rejections (mine is accepted, but they asked for proof).
    I decided to send them proof on the chance that they could, I believe (but I have no facts) that they could still cancel the transfer and invalidate ticket. If that hapens, you can bet I will contact the ombudsman again.
    Anyway, flights and accomodation booked so I just hope I'm on my way!
    Good luck to everyone else in transfers.

2. colosipm

colosipm New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    I'm just starting the ticket transfer process and I'm very shakey on the whole process.

I've bought (or should I say, plan to buy) US v. Italy tickets from a guy in Australia - bmc_1979 if anyone knows him. He said he'd accept half up front, then the other half when the tickets are confirmed in my name. I have several questions:

1) will I get an email confirmation from FIFA that the tickets have been transfered successfully?

2) Will I have to pick up the tickets at the stadium, or will FIFA mail them to me?

3) Anything else I should know about this process before forking over a considerable chunk of change?

3. globalexplorer

Mar 27, 2006
    I don't think anyone has gotten a positive confirmation from FIFA but I recall that some people got emails asking for proof (not sure what happens if you get an outright rejection). Tickets transferrred starting today are a little more a pain in the ass because they will not be mailed but have to be picked up at one of the ticketing centers in Germany. One the original owner or the new owner with a power of attorney and passport copy of the original owner can pick up the tickets in exchange for the old tickets. If your seller is going to be in Germany anyway then you might as well pay him the remainder after you have the tickets in hand. If he/she is not going to be there and you have to go with the passport/POA then there is a little more risk because in theory the exchange could fail (how comfortable are the Germans working in the Ticketing Centers be with international POAs?). What happens in that case nobody knows I think - are the original tickets still valid or has the chip been disabled? Maybe somebody else wants to hazard a guess. I have said many times on this board that I don't believe a lot of ID checks will be done at the stadium but I do think they will be fairly strict in checking IDs when it comes to exchanging and picking up tickets at the ticketing centers.

4. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, you will not. I was on the receiving end of a successful ticket transfer and I have no email confirmation at all.

5. colosipm

colosipm New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    wow, so you're saying that I have to get this Australian's power of attorney and a copy of his passport in order to pick up the tickets? That's insane!

And, HSV, if you don't get an email confirmation, how do you know the transfer was successful?

6. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Hi Colosipm,

Further to my private mail to you earlier today. I have just double checked the Englandfans forum and this Brian C guy (the email address you posted on here matches the one in the Englandfans threads) seems to have had a couple of threads dedicated to warning people off dealing with him. He has offered loads of tickets by the sounds of it and wants to use moneybookers for half now half when the tickets arrive payment. Up to you mate, but I wouldn't send him anything. I can post a clipping from the threads if it's allowed???? Any other guys on the Englandfans site on here please back me up on this!

7. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the tickets I purchased were sent to the original applicant (who I purchased them from), but each of the tickets had the names of the transferees (the people who were on the receiving end of the transfer). I have the tickets in hand now with my name(s) on them so I know it was successful...yet I still haven't received a confirmation email. That's the other thing...if the transfer is successful, they will still be mailed to the person who originally bought them even though their name is not on any of the tickets.

8. Dips

Dips New Member

May 2, 2006
    I think I'm in a bit of a tricky situation. I bought tickets in the window that opened in January. However, due to hardship I won't be able to go. The tickets arrived today but I need to transfer the tickets into the name of my friends. Will this cause problems now that the tickets have arrived?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

9. SwedenRed

SwedenRed New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    South Sweden
    No problems... Just file the transfer as normal, and give your reasons for hardship. Always back them up with proof of course. If the transfer is successful, your friend will have to take your tickets to Germany with him, and get them exchanged to his name at one of the ticket centres near the Stadium.

10. usa for the cup

usa for the cup New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    You did the right thing sending in the documentation. I called FIFA and got put through to their help desk and they told me that just becasue you have the tickets doesn't mean that they won't be canceled if they asked for documentation and they didn't get it. The lady on the phone said they were unindated with documentation mail and are behind sorting through it. She looked up my process number and told me the deadline had passed for sending in documentation (just like yours) but that I still need to send it in even though I have tickets in hand. So it is leaving here today. One point to note - she said it could be canceled but not it would be canceled. Language barrier or hint. I don't know but the whole thing is a disgrace to the organizers. What the organizer in Germany doesn't realize (Horst is his name) is that all these Germans blindly bought tickets to the games in the first place and they simply don't want to go to the games that are not quite as sexy for them so they want to sell their tickets and legally can't do so. It is the real fan that gets hurt by this. If they stand firm on ID checks at certain games like England it's not going to be a good situation and it will certainly kick off - and of course the fans will be to blame.

11. GMoneyuk2001

GMoneyuk2001 New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Thanks for that info - I did wonder whether to send the documentation or not but now I'm glad I did. It would be shocking if they cancelled transfers now, this close to the matches given the obvious need to book travel and accomodation, especially after the email date cock-up. I'll be even more annoyed as it's a valid transfer. Do they want people there or not????

12. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One question :
    - I have a TST 5 serie tickets.
    I may use the first round tickets but not the second round.
    - Can I transfer the second round tickets to someone else or can I only transfer the whole serie of 5?
    I am not sure about the FIFA process in that regard. Suggestions, anyone?
    Thanks in advance.

13. genemish1

genemish1 New Member

Apr 24, 2006

you can only transfer the whole series...

14. globalexplorer

Mar 27, 2006
    That might not be true. According to a post on the German discussion board, before the start of the tournament only the entire series can be transferred. Once the group stage starts, individual games in that stage can be transferred and once the knock-out stage starts those games can be transferred. I don't know this for a fact and am only repeating what I read over there.

15. genemish1

genemish1 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    yes, i read that as well (with help of german friend).. however, i spoke to fifa and they claim that's not true..

then again, i don't trust them anyway!

16. globalexplorer

Mar 27, 2006
    People at FIFA giving inconsistent answers - what a surprise!

I guess we find out when the tournament starts...

17. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just read this on the FIFA website :

" Which tickets can be transferred?

Customers who have a login for the Customer Self Service and own tickets which have been paid for can apply for a transfer of these tickets. It is possible to transfer single tickets as well as TST-series. TST-Series cannot be transferred partially, only as a complete series.
    The applicant remains the contractual partner, but can transfer his/her own ticket, too. "
    Pretty clear now....it is only the whole serie or nothing. FIFA sucks!!

18. jacko2233

jacko2233 New Member

May 4, 2006
    Hello!!
    I need help. I am form Poland and I bought two tickets about two weeks ago. I had to transfer money to FIFA account until 8th of may, and I did so. I had also to pay for shipping. The tickets are already paid. But now i'd like to transfer them to my uncle and his son, but I don't know if they will have to pick tikcets at the stadium or FIFA will send me them. My uncle doesn't speak english so it would be very difficult for them

19. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, I would say that (particularly because Poland is next-door to Germany) that FIFA has set up the ticket booths at the stadia with people who can speak enough languages that if your uncle comes in from Poland that he will have no problem speaking with someone who can also speak Polish.

Secondly, I would suggest putting in for the transfer for "family" as I know (first-hand) that it works, and should work particularly if you truly ARE family.

My suggestion is that you put in for the "family" transfer and send your uncle to one of the stadia a few days before your match to pick up the tickets. Just my 2-cents.

20. jacko2233

jacko2233 New Member

May 4, 2006
    Thanks for info:) I'm wondering where is it written thatafter 1 May FIFA does not send transferred tikcets any more??

21. jacko2233

jacko2233 New Member

May 4, 2006
    I am asking because I did an error in my ID number so I don't know if gives ticket to my uncle, how does it work anyway?

22. ChicagoRed

ChicagoRed New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Chicago
    Has anyone been involved with a 2nd transfer of tickets. From original owner to another person and then to a third party?

If so, how did it turn out?

23. usa for the cup

usa for the cup New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    This is actually form the FIFA web site:

A TST Series can only be transferred in single tickets at a Stadium Ticket Center and until two days before each match takes place.

24. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For people who has done transfer successfully, after the transfer is done, do you receive confirmation email stating that the transfer is done? How do you know the transfer is done beside checking the customer self service? Customer self service can be pain if there is high traffic and it's hard to login (just like when you want to buy ticket)

Also, what is the success rate of the transfer? I know there are 10 pages of this thing, but I would suggest we should put a poll post for transfer and whoever did transfer can vote and we can get a pretty good ideas. I am thinking of swapping my one ticket with fellow BS-ers (not BullShit ers, lol. :) I didn't know that BS stands for Big Soccer until someone told me yesterday) since I can't no longer go to the match and I would like to swap (my first option) or sell on ebayor BSers (if swap is no longer an option due to my single ticket and most BSers are looking for at least 2 tickets), so I would like to know about it.

Anyone get rejected yet on the transfer? Just curious. Thanks.

25. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I put in for transfer of 2 tickets on thursday. i used the "family" option. it still says "entered for transfer". it used to transfer them within 24 hours. not sure whats going on.