ticket transfer success rate thread

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by scottk964, Mar 27, 2006.

1. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If your transfer fails the ticket is returned to the original owner, not FIFA. I think that I would rather have a ticket to the game with someone elses name than no ticket at all. I know some of the brokers are requesting personal information that they have to turn in. Less legitimate places probably do not care as they get their money regardless.

2. morg56

morg56 New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    This has appeared on German version of WC site. Sorry the translation is not great - maybe someone else can do better?

Seems to suggest that anyone who has had a transfer request rejected is able to make a complaint.

"Ticket News
    OK ONE furnishes Ombudsstelle for ticket portal
    12. April 2006
    of OK FIFA WM 2006

Together with the Federal Ministry for nutrition, agriculture and consumer protection (BMELV) as well as consumer center the Federal association (vzbv) will furnish the organizing committee FIFA WM 2006 (OK ONE) immediately a Ombudsstelle for the ticket portal.
    In the context of the constituent meeting, which on Wednesday in the federal consumer protection Ministry in Bonn took place, the composition of the Ombudsstelle was decided as well as the competence was adopted. "to the tasks of the Ombudsstelle to decide on possible complaints from ticket owners to whose requests for ticket transmission were first rejected by the OK," says refuge R. s.h.o.o.t 1 will belong. Ok vice-president.

Each institution has in each case a seat and a voice within the Ombudsstelle, whereby the operational business is converted by the OK. "in contentious cases the spagat consists of wanting to decide on the one hand in the sense of the fans not opening on the other hand however for the black market additionally door and gate. An unfounded ticket transmission is and remains not possibly. Was important to us within this sensitive range a common basis to find in the sense of the fans ", so s.h.o.o.tfurther.

52,653 requests for transmissions and 10,919 tickets, which were offered for resale ("Resale") again - in such a way the balance reads on 9 April, 24,00 o'clock (Central European Summer Time), to end of first phase gone, in which in the InterNet was open onwww.FIFAworldcup.com the ticket portal. Since 27 March tickets could be given back or transferred to other persons. "our prognosis, after which the fans the tickets themselves will make to use and everything possible, in order to go into the stadium, was clearly confirmed.

Based on that in the meantime 2.7 million sold Billets, for which alone in the InterNet sales approximately 15 million fan had striven, amount to the portion of those, which would like themselves to separate from the ticket, to only approximately two per cent ", explain refuge R. s.h.o.o.t the 1. Ok vice-president.

When particularly simple method has itself to separate without indication from reasons from its ticket to the "Resale" portal worked satisfactorily. "the tickets, which were placed over this channel again into the ticket Shop accessible for everyone, were nearly without exception within fewer minutes again sold to s.h.o.o.t all the same for which portion", so. As soon as the ticket was successfully sold, the salesman received the originally paid ticket price completely back.

Each map transfer must be justified that OK ONE opposite. Refuge R. s.h.o.o.t "this alone already for reasons of the Fairness. Because who by a transmission is favoured, gets an advantage opposite that, still in the virtual queue in the InterNet is located." Approximately 25,000 requests for transmission, almost half of the available requests, justified with "within the family". In 18.000 requests individual "cases of hardness" were outlined, in further approximately 8,500 cases read the reason "illness". The remaining approximately 1,150 requests did not distribute themselves on the four reasons, which by the OK is likewise recognized generally, i.e. "a visa", "departure prohibition", "higher force" and "death".

As far as requests were rejected, everyone, which feels in an unfair way treated, can turn unbureaucratically and informally with reference to the letter in reply of the OK ONE to the Ombudsstelle. To reach it is immediately by email underombudsstelle@ok2006.de .

The second phase of the ticket portal starts it on 1 May will be activated until two days before the respective play. "

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Here's the English press release:
    OC establishes ombudsman service for ticket portal
    12 April 2006
    by OC 2006 FIFA World Cup

In cooperation with the Federal Ministry for Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection and the Federation of German Consumer Organisations (vzbv), the 2006 FIFA World Cup Organising Committee (OC) is establishing an ombudsman service for the ticket portal with immediate effect. In the inaugural session that took place on Wednesday in the Federal Ministry for Consumer Protection in Bonn, the composition of the ombudsman service was decided, and the scope of its responsibilities set out. "The role of the ombudsman service will include making decisions on any complaints from ticket holders whose requests for a ticket transfer have initially been refused by the OC," said OC 1st Vice President Horst R. Schmidt.

Each body will have one seat and one vote within the ombudsman service, with operational matters being conducted by the OC. "In the case of disputes, the delicate balancing act is to help genuine fans without opening the flood gates to the black market. It will still not be possible to transfer tickets without good grounds. This is why we were keen to arrive at an agreement that is in the interests of true fans in this highly sensitive matter," added Schmidt.

There were 52,653 requests for transfers and 10,919 tickets offered for resale as of midnight (CEST) on 9 April, the end of the first phase during which the online ticket portal was open at www.FIFAworldcup.com. Since 27 March, it has been possible to return match tickets or transfer them to other people. "At the outset, we forecast that the fans would use the tickets themselves and do anything they could to get into the stadium and that has been shown to be the case. When one considers the fact that 2.7 million tickets have been sold and that around 15 million fans applied for tickets on the Internet, the proportion of those prepared to give up their tickets is only in the region of two percent," explained OC 1st Vice President Schmidt.

One particularly simple method of disposing of a ticket without the need to indicate reasons has been the "Resale" portal. "The tickets made available via this channel in the publicly accessible ticket shop were sold within a matter of minutes in all but a few cases, no matter what game they were for," said Schmidt. As soon as the ticket has been successfully sold, the original ticket price is returned to the seller. Reasons for each ticket transfer must be provided to the OC, as Horst R. Schmidt explains: "This is simply a matter of fairness. After all, anyone benefiting from a transfer is jumping ahead of those waiting in the virtual queue on the Internet." Around 25,000 requests for transfer, almost half, were on the grounds of "within the family". 18,000 requests cited individual cases of "hardship", while "illness" was reported in around 8500 further cases. The remaining 1150 or so requests were divided between four reasons generally recognised by the OC, namely "no visa", "no exit visa", "Act of God" and "death".

In cases where requests are denied, any individual who feels he or she has been treated unfairly can refer the case to the ombudsman service without the need to fill out a form. Reference should be made to the reply received from the OC when contacting the ombudsman service. The ombudsman service can be contacted with immediate effect by e-mail at ombudsstelle@ok2006.de.

The second phase of the ticket portal begins on 1 May. It will remain open until two days before each respective game.

4. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA
    Note how they're very careful to NOT point out the number of succesful requests.

5. morg56

morg56 New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Note: this article now appears in English on the world cup website.

6. morg56

morg56 New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Yeah I thought that too!

7. MartinJolsBaldPatch

MartinJolsBaldPatch New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    i have been waiting 9 days for news on my transfer...is this usual

the status has been set to 'transferred' for the whole time...i guess i should get to excited about this

8. Phase4Nightmare

Feb 17, 2006
    Netherlands
    What else do you need to know?

9. MartinJolsBaldPatch

MartinJolsBaldPatch New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    thanx

10. Doc_Dre

Doc_Dre New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Hmm, so an email is sent to notify the customer if a transfer has been rejected. But is an email sent to notify people of successful transfers?

(From what I've read, the answer is no, and even if the status changes to "transfered", there is no way of being certain. Am I right?)

:confused:

11. crows

crows New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    How much longer are they gonna leave it.......people who need to came from long distances really should of known by now.....Its ok for people in Europe but for us aussies what do they expect.......come on guys get it happening.

12. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a German newspaper there's an article about rejected transfer attempts: http://www.br-online.de/bayern3/fus...kel/wm-ticket-internet-tauschportal/index.xml

Highlights:

The rejected transfer Ombudsstelle will have 3 representatives from a couple customer protection services and the DFB. After an email is sent to ombudsstelle@ok2006.de, a lawyer will first read it, who will determine the legitimacy of the reason for the transfer based on precise criteria. If the lawyer is unable to determine the legitimacy, then the Ombudsmen get involved, who may ask for proof of the reason, or more proof of the proof of the reason. A spokesman for the Ombudsstelle does not foresee them having very much to do.

Of 50000 attempted transfers, 9000 were rejected. A few rejected reasons:
    -The buyer had bought tickets for him and his girlfriend, but they're no broken up, so he wanted to transfer the ticket to his brother.
    -A buyer admitted he had sold the ticket for a lot of money on ebay and wanted now to transfer it.
    -A buyer claimed that on the date of the game he was going to have a runny nose.

Transfers within families are allowed without further proof or reasons (we knew that already though...)

10919 tickets were sold through the re-sale portal.

13. Doc_Dre

Doc_Dre New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Someone mentioned that the status needs to change from "transfered" to "active". Is this true?

14. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nice he can predict the date of him being sick :)

I have to say I feel bad for people who bought TSTs that goes beyond the first round - once the transfer fails they will have to face reality - over priced tickets with someone elses name on it and having to pick up a ticket from the ticketing booth without the id for the name on the ticket...

15. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so. It's been at least 2 weeks since my first successful transfer and nothing shows active; they're all "transferred", even the ones that I had to try a 2nd time after the first one got rejected. Actually the only tickets "active" are the ones I'm using (and never tried to transfer).

16. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    FYI for all - I just received an e-mail from FIFA today that looks like it was generated April 5th (but not sent until today) that requests appropriate documentation by April 12th. Nice!

Then they end with this:
    We are confident that you will provide us with the relevant documents within the deadline set and would like to thank you for your cooperation.
    Our consent to your request for transfer depends on the timely submission of the documents. Should we not receive any documents within the deadline set, we will assume that you no longer wish to apply for a ticket transfer and shall therefore consider your application as cancelled.

Both tickets still say transferred but I am really starting to hate the Germans!

17. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was the reason you used for your transfer?

18. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    For me - hardship driven by medical for my wife.

19. crows

crows New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Yep received one today......what are they doing,mine also say transferred.

20. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Did yours have the same bogus dates?

21. Doc_Dre

Doc_Dre New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    What category did you apply under (within family, hardship, etc)? :eek:

22. crows

crows New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Yep mine had a bocus date......I dont care anymore Im taking these tickets with me.They the ones who created the blackmarket in the first place,only 8% of tickets to the teams involved who are the rest for???F.....k em.

23. Jdirckze

Jdirckze New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    I don't know if this has cropped up elswhere but what happens re transfers after the tickets have been sent out ? - does the new recipient have to pick up a duplicate ticket with his name on in Germany - this could cause major problems as the original tickets could still be sold on to an unsuspecting fan after having been cancelled - or do the originals have to be returned before the transfer goes ahead? - which could potentially cause problems if time is short.

24. globalexplorer

Mar 27, 2006
    For name transfers after May 1st tickets will have to be exchanged at one of the 12 ticketing centers.

25. missourirob

missourirob Member

May 11, 2005
    Not Missouri
    A while back I emailed FIFA regarding the possibility of transfering or reselling tickets bought in the resale phase. I just got this great reply:

Dear Mr. missourirob,

thank you for your e-mail and your kind remarks.

We hope that you will find some friends who will go to the game.

Yours sincerely

Your 2006 FIFA World Cup (TM) Ticketing Center​

Find some friends? Can they put a transfer option of: "Found some friends who want to go to the game" on the ticket portal? That would really be helpful. Thanks FIFA. Please allow my "friends" access to the stadium even though their name and passport info varry from the ticket. World Cup 2006: A time to make friends indeed....