ticket transfer success rate thread

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by scottk964, Mar 27, 2006.

1. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's use this thread to post whether ticket transfers were successful or not for us. To transfer 2 GER-CRC tickets this morning I clicked the "other" reason for transfer choice and entered the following. I thought if I did it in German they might be nicer :)

"Leider muss ich (mindestens) die erste Hälfte der WM verpassen, weil ich auf meinem kranken Opa in den USA aufpassen muss. Glücklicherweise habe ich einen Onkel (xxx) und eine Tante (xxx) in Deutschland, die zum Spiel gehen wollen. Daher möchte ich meine Karten an ihnen übertragen. Also, meine Karte geht am Herrn xxx, und die Karten meines Kolleges geht am xxx, bitte."

Translated: "Unfortunately I have to miss (at least the) first half of the WC, because I have to take care of my sick grampa in the USA. Luckily I have an aunt (name) and Uncle (name) in Germany, who want to go to the game. Therefore I would like to transfer my tickets to them. My ticket will go to Mr. xxx, and that of my colleague will to go Mrs. xxx."

On the transfer screen you're given a choice between the 6 or 7 reasons the OC listed before, and an "other" category. Only for the "other" can you write in something. Has anyone else tried to transfer?

2. Phase4Nightmare

Feb 17, 2006
    Netherlands
    You know that FIFA reads this site?

3. DeutscheMannschaft

DeutscheMannschaft New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    ?
    lol

DM

4. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love FIFA :)

5. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    That's OK, because everything he said in his transfer request is completely true.

6. Phase4Nightmare

Feb 17, 2006
    Netherlands
    Of course

7. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...as is everything else big soccerers will tell FIFA.

8. OleOleUSA

OleOleUSA New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    A few questions for you, Scott, or anyone else who has transferred so far:

1) Did the transfer go through after your "Granny" entry? Or not?
    2) What are the mechanics of the transfer? Does it go through immediately after both parties post their info? Must it first be reviewed and approved by FIFA?
    3)If a transfer does go through, will the tickets then be mailed to the address of their new "owner"?
    4) Is it possible to transfer disparate #s of tickets (say 4 for 3, or 2 for 1)?
    5) Any other observations on the process from you/others who've gone through it already.

Many thanks,

Andrew

9. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) It's waiting to be reviewed by FIFA
    2) You go through the resale/transfer area of customer self-service. It gives you a list of all your tickets, and you click the circle of the ticket you want to transfer. For EACH ticket (not pairs/groups) you fill out the recipient's transfer info individually. SO, it looks like it IS possible to transfer one ticket out of a larger order for one game - although your excuse may not hold water if you're keeping one of the tickets. You have to enter the passport info of the recipient; they're not involved at all (as far as I know). After you enter their details and confirm the data, you wait for FIFA to approve it.
    3) YES, the tickets will be mailed to the new owner, and their name will be printed on the tickets.
    4) I'm not sure what you mean - it's not a swapping portal, it's just there to give your tickets to someone else.
    5) FIFA gives you 6 or 7 choices of reasons you can't attend the tournament. The only one requiring an explanation is "other" (which I chose). FIFA does say that they may ask for supporting documents for your reason. Maybe if you check one of the other reasons, they're less likely to ask for documentation? I don't know what they would want in my case - a doctor's note?

10. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The tickets transfer was a success! :D I haven't gotten an email yet, but today in customer self-service it shows "transferred" for my 2 tickets, whereas yesterday it just said "transfer entered".

11. Ender

Ender Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Radnor
    That's good news as I need to bail on some tst-7's category one, and all i have are offers on the first two US games.

12. michalek

michalek New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    I was able to transfer a single ticket to my friend with out any problems:)

13. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    What excuse did you use?

14. michalek

michalek New Member

Feb 6, 2006

15. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you have to enter the other person's email address, and if so, did they get a confirmation email?

16. famdawg

famdawg member at large

Dec 14, 2005
    NY
    You have to enter the same info as if they were one of your guests from a phase 3/4 order. Email for guests is optional, I left it blank.

17. Moredripz

Moredripz New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    No matter what reason you give, the ticket will show up as 'transferred' in the CCS section within 24 hours.
    I'm sure most transfers will go trough, but one shouldn't get too excited too early. FIFA can still revoke it or ask for proof. I don't even think they read most of the explanations before changing the status in CCS.

18. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moredripz, where did you get that info about 24 hours from?

19. Moredripz

Moredripz New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Scott: I read it when I transferred one of my tickets.

20. Jdirckze

Jdirckze New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Has anyone had any problems transferring a ticket to someone who has already bought tickets themselves? .

I would assume as long as they don't exceed the 7 matches rule then there shoildn't be a problem - but I'm not sure whether to risk it unless I know it will go through ok

21. wtk

wtk New Member

Aug 10, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    Basic question: Does it matter if you got your tickets through US Soccer? I assume there is some kind of ticket or other ID number you have to enter to identify your tickets. Has anyone successfully transferred tickets obtained from US Soccer?

22. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's too late to transfer USSF tickets. You had to do that before they sent the order to FIFA in February. Those tickets won't show up on your FIFA page.

23. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion

What about the money I paid? Let's say I spent 35 Euro on a group stage category 4 ticket. Will Fifa refund that money (minus 10 Euro administrative charges) and get it from the new owner, to whom I transferred the ticket or do I have to get the money from the new owner myself?

24. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hey I got a Q - at which point does the ticket go into the hands of the other party? What I mean is: The tickets belong to person B as soon as I submit and get the transfer approved? Will it be shipped to them? Or will it still come to me if I'm the First one on the list? Or even if I'm not on the list if they dont have to enter an email how will they be contacted to check their shipping address? Does anyone know anything about this?

25. ASUXLOP

ASUXLOP New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Texas
    Has anyone successfully transferred tickets to other Bigsoccer members or friends that are outside the strict FIFA rules, and just simply told the truth?

For example, say someone has 4 tickets...but can't use 1 of them (for no particular reason other than they didn't need all 4 in the first place).....and another Bigsoccer person wants it. I know this isn't a legal transfer according to the rules; but was just wondering if some folks have managed to transfer tickets this way and FIFA has allowed it.

Also, can someone who got 4 tickets in the resale, but doesn't need all 4, transfer some in this resale phase? I think someone mentioned that this wasn't possible.