Ticket Sales Surpass 26,000 for Match Against the Los Angeles Galaxy, Superstar David Beckham

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by L.A. SOCCER NATION, Jul 26, 2007.

1. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Normally not a big deal except they were added on top of an already too busy schedule. These two cities are going to end up just like every other MLS city with heavy advance ticket sales with no Beckham. It makes me wonder now if maybe MLS did have some involvement in scheduling these to see if they could get the same enthusiasm for MLS in potential expansion cities, including another Canadian city.

I feel bad for Becks....you know all he wants to do is play and just couldn't stay healthy. Hopefully it works out better overall next season. The schedule will be more balanced with 14 teams and every team will get a guaranteed home game with LA. I wonder if the FO will try to rent Arrowhead for this one game next season.....hmmmmm.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard today apparently Vancouver had like 45K in advanced tickets or something like that. And there was apparently a clause in the contract that Beckham would be there.

3. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to say a few words.

The reality is that this will be one heck of a party. Folks, I sold a bunch of tickets to this game today, including an effing suite. Every single one of these people heard the score straight from me, and they want to join in the party. The game has taken on a life of its own, Golden Bollocks or no Golden Bollocks. Nobody knows if he's going to play or not; certainly, the signs point to it being unlikely. So, that evening, everyone's eyes might just have to be focused on the Kansas City Wizards instead of #23 (and I don't mean Edson Elcock).

Fortunately, season ticket holders get to get in on it cheaper than anyone else, Cauldron/GA season ticket holders especially so. It's going to be a whole lot of fun, so let's just enjoy the ride and enjoy the great show we're going to put on on national TV and in Arrowhead that night.

Sincerely,
    Sammy J
    Bass Drummer on Hiatus

4. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic new Sammy!

5. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    delete my previous post. I didn't read the last page or so before I posted. Was tired from my 6 hours in the car today.

6. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THERE SHOULDNT BE ANY REFUNDS...THERE IS STILL A GAME WHETHER SOCCER SPICE IS PLAYING OR NOT. HE MAY STILL BE THERE ON THE SIDELINES BUT I DONT REALLY CARE, I AM THERE TO THE KC WIZARDS, ALL OF THEM, NOT JUST ONE PLAYER!!!

RIGHT ON SAM!!!!

8. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH and yes my caps lock was on and i was yelling!!!

9. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is no different than paying for a Broadway show. Unfortunately you got the understudy that night but you still got to see the show and you will leave entertained.

Now me and my jazz hands will go back to my more snarky comments.

10. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about a Jeffrey Flanagan dunking booth for charity?

That could raise thousands.

11. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that sounds good!! can i be the first to throw after i have knocked back a few newcastles? and do i have to throw at the target thingy or can he be the target? HAHAHAHAHAHA:D

12. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good Lord.. I'll pay thousands all by myself for that!!

13. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you use a dunk booth like the one used at the end of Terminator 2, you'll probably increase the money raised 10 fold.

14. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We could start a big bonfire with a stack of Star newspapers and let him hang above it with a thin twine rope....will that do? :D

15. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um......................yeah! [​IMG]

16. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That works for me.

17. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Do people really want a refund ?:(

18. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad if they do...the game wasnt postponed or cancelled...

I can't for this game to get and be gone, so we can move onto another subject!! HAHAHAHHAHA

19. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Tv-Guide-News/Espn-Puts-Beckham/800022108

Saw this thread in another forum. THIS is what I thought Becks should do with our LA ESPN game (see post #93)....not necessarily be in the booth the whole game, but at least be there for the halftime show and available for autographs so that all the people who bought tickets just to see him will at least get to see him, if not on the field.

Anybody in the FO know if they are working on trying to get him to come to KC with his team for our ESPN broadcast? If they can work this out, publicize the hell out of it so people will know he will be in the building at least.

20. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok so we know he isn't playing but surely he is gonna travel with the team, right? I am not going to see him but you would think that for a "team player" as he says he is, that he would be traveling with them even though he is hurt!:confused:

21. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well a couple times during this whole ordeal the Gals and Beckham have stated that something about air travel (I presume it's the altitude?) is bad for his swelling. If so, they would of course want to limit his air travel.

22. soccerchic785

soccerchic785 New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Kansas City
    So have ticket sales all but stopped since Beckham isn't playing and might not be traveling with the team? Does anyone have a new total or seen or heard a new total?

23. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I imagine ticket sales fell off a cliff when Beckham got injured again. A total guess but I'm thinking right around 30k sold with 25k in the stands.

24. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say the value of Wizard-Galaxy tickets are plummeting.

25. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the last week, I've gotten email and snail mail from both the Wizards and the KU Alumni Association, marketing the Beckhamless game as a "KU Night" with tickets at the $25 group rate for that game.

So there's still some attempt to move the tickets. Sam just needs to be sure and stock up on Wizards stickers to give to my khaki-clad Jayhawk brethren. :(

(You'd think these people could buy one freaking royal blue shirt to wear to games. But no.)