Ticket Sales Surpass 26,000 for Match Against the Los Angeles Galaxy, Superstar David Beckham

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by L.A. SOCCER NATION, Jul 26, 2007.

1. KCRulestheEast

KCRulestheEast New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Re: Ticket Sales Surpass 20,000 for Match Against the Los Angeles Galaxy, Superstar David Beckham

Goldenballs doesn't sweat, he secrets his own line of cologne.

2. s0ccerstud86

s0ccerstud86 Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Columbia, Mo
    Re: Ticket Sales Surpass 20,000 for Match Against the Los Angeles Galaxy, Superstar David Beckham

was told today by a college coach approached with a ticket offer that the wizards have now sold 27,000 for the game.

3. ManUnited90

ManUnited90 New Member

May 31, 2006
    kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

27,000, not bad, im hoping for at least 30,000!

4. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I still gotta buy 4 more tickets myself..

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is my math correct, this leaves about 7,000 unsold tickets? Is club level open for this one?

Man a couple of my coworkers had better s--t or get off the pot or else they'll be out of luck.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

not necessarily, I was told that the Wizards will sell as many tickets as they can. They'll open up the upper deck if there is enough ticket interest. This isn't like the NE situation where they are only selling a certain amount.

7. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

i heard the club level was already selling, but i wouldn't be surprised if i have heard wrong.

8. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

With DB scoring a goal ... that might actually spur on more sales.

I know some that have tickets in the club level.

9. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

For the last few weeks now, if you go to the ticketmaster website and enter a ticket quantity of "2" then hit "Best Available," it has been picking seats in the club level.

10. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England

What do you guys think the attendance will be for this game?

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

As it says above, last we've heard is 27K. They're goal was 40K, I think we'll have at least 30K.

But since everyone else is pulling larger amounts of people we'll still get bashed for it. :rolleyes:

12. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I know what you mean as a Boro fan, Sunderland and Newcastle for 100 years have harped on about our crowds being poor compared to them, what they fail to mention is their populations are twice the size of ours, but at the end of the day Newcastle havent won a major trophy for 40 years, Sunderland 34 years but we won one in 2004, so ******** em.

13. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

i don't know about y'all, but i've been asking family and friends if they're interested in going and ordering tickets for them as well.

14. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They are doing a big push with the Blue Valley Stars Soccer Club. They will have an area of the parking lot sectioned-off for a club tailgate....trying to make it a big team activity.

15. KC outlaws

KC outlaws New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    O-Town

Since parking was brought up, what's up with the parking? Are there lots reserved for Season ticket, teams like BVSC, etc. and what lots are they? Just curious to know in case I don't get to park in my favorite spot for that game.

16. KCRulestheEast

KCRulestheEast New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Kansas City, MO

Expect parking to be something like this unless you show up a few hours early.

[​IMG]

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I doubt there is reserved parking for people, there never had been in the past for parking

18. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

i'm not worried about reserved parking, but will there be a cost for parking?

19. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

For non-season ticket holders, yes. What it is, I'm not sure.

20. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Last I heard it was going to be $10

21. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If someone "official" wants to verify the guaranteed base of ticket sales to date we'll update the thread title to indicate as such. The rest is "I heard from a guy" type thing.

Sam, Chad, Village?

22. Beech

Beech Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not really worried about it. The actual number of vehicles coming in won't be any different than say the Cardinals series games at the K. One thing about TSC is that it is built to scale with regards to traffic flow, space and organization. Tailgating will be a bit of a tight schedule with it being a Thursday night game and you may be directed to a lot rather than the free flow "pick em" we enjoy now.

23. Diego Pasley

Diego Pasley Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Lake Ozark, MO

Ticket sales officially now are at least 20,004.....just orderd mine from Sam. See you at the game.

24. s0ccerstud86

s0ccerstud86 Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Columbia, Mo

Update the thread title: 26,800 tickets sold according to this mlsnet article.

"Kansas City has already sold 26,800 tickets for its Sept. 27 match against the Galaxy at Arrowhead Stadium. That's before the team has rolled out any of the advertising for the high-profile contest, and before the club's group sales numbers come in.

Officials there are peaking at the Kansas City all-time record for attendance at a soccer game. A crowd of 37,319 watched a 2001 World Cup qualifier between the United States and Costa Rica. Arrowhead's lower bowl holds 39,000."

25. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

Ah, that's a good number to officially know. What is club level? 5k? word is they'll open up the upper level if the demand is great enough, but it's looking like it will have to be in the upper 40s for that to happen.

Looks like becks is a no-show in denver on sunday, no refunds either (like Toronto). Anyone know if those teams hiked up the ticket prices for those games like we did? Hey, if a player needs to sit, he should sit, but from a PR stance, a no refunds policy on hiked up ticket prices and no refunds on normal ticket prices are completely different animals.