Ticket Sales Surpass 26,000 for Match Against the Los Angeles Galaxy, Superstar David Beckham

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by L.A. SOCCER NATION, Jul 26, 2007.

1. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    The Kansas City Wizards announced today that the team has surpassed the 20,000 tickets sold plateau for the match September 27 against the Los Angeles Galaxy and international superstar David Beckham. Advanced sales breaks the club record for a match, and the game is still more than two months away.
    Link: http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3514353

2. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ticket Sales Surpass 20,000 for Match Against the Los Angeles Galaxy, Superstar David Beckham

Wizards will destory LA that night

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Ticket Sales Surpass 20,000 for Match Against the Los Angeles Galaxy, Superstar David Beckham

I know from personal experience that your ticket sales come in late on any given event. In my professional world (the sky is blue there, before you ask) we get 80% in the last 2 weeks before the event. This is very promising indeed. :D

4. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This game has brought our season average above 10K. 10,320 based on 20K for the Becks game. :D

5. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Now, here is where we reel in the new fans permanently: for goodness sake keep attacking, no matter what (not too worried about that with Coach Onalfo calling the shots). First impressions are priceless. Fly to the ball for 90+ minutes, push forward, use space wisely, support the attacking player (we have been lacking a bit in that dept at times), take your chances, and keep hustling. Kansas Citians will fall in love win, lose or draw if we can just manage to follow that formula.

6. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Considering this game is on ESPN2 and on a Thursday, this is great news. I hope we are in good form and healthy with EJ still on our team this late in the year. We should be pushing for playoff positioning by this time. WOO HOO! :)

7. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Atta boy Kansas City.

The more tickets they sell, the more money I can get when I scalp my fifth row, midfield seats.*

*As if the girls I will be attending the game with would ever let me do that. Oh, the power of Beckham.

8. KCRulestheEast

KCRulestheEast New Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Kansas City, MO

Here's hoping after we beat the Gals that people in this city will come back to the 'Head to watch the cities other football team.

No. Not the Brigade, damnit.

9. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Making a triumphant return for this game:
    [​IMG]

10. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese

A couple of us had entertained driving down from Madison for the game. But not everyone can get the time off of work. Good thing that it is on ESPN2. It would be nice if when people are buying these tickets from the club if the KCW ticket people would say to wear blue. Or a very slight discount or T-shirt give away. Wear blue.

11. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OH THE GLORY WE WILL HAVE WHEN THE WIZARDS BEAT THE GALS AND BECKS ! :D

12. lbc4galaxy

lbc4galaxy New Member

Jul 17, 2007

KaNSAS CITY WILL LOSE...IT WILL LOSE THE GAME TO LA GALAXY....

CONRAD, VICTORINE, GARICA WILL ALL BE TRYING TO TRADE FOR THE BECKHAM JERSEY.

LA GALAXY 2 -0...KANSAS CITY GETS SHUT OUT...NOT USE TO THE SOUNDL LEVEL OF A FULL STADIUM

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

how cute it's an LA fan who became a fan only because of Beckham. Aren't you just the cutest thing ever.

14. Jarnevic

Jarnevic BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 21, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

lbc4galaxy

Landon Becks Cobi 4 Galaxy?

Lalas Blows Cobi 4 Galaxy?

Long Beach California 4 Galaxy?

Long Beach Cretin 4 Galaxy?

I can't figure it out. :confused:

15. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually it will be the other way around. That's going to be just about the end of what will seem to the Gals to be an endless road trip. Think about it. Every team they play will have a full stadium and every team they play will get up for the Gals like they haven't in a VERY long time. There's no way LA can sustain a matching intensity level to their opponents. It will eventually grind them into the dirt.

16. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hmm, I ran into someone at work, I guess maybe Thursday, who told me she didn't bother to ask me for tickets because her friend called the Wizards office and they told her they were sold out, except for club level or something. I ordered her some tickets, but I thought it was kind of interesting. And exciting. :cool: Is this true, that the tickets for the general public are gone?

EDIT: I think I discovered the answer to my own question. She probably just wasn't willing to buy the three pack.

17. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I just tried picking out single game tickets through the website, and it will give me two in the very last rows of 114, or two in 203. That suggests the lower bowl is almost completely sold out, at least the parts that we usually try to sell.

I wonder if they'll open up the end zone seating if the Club level sells out....

18. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i'm pretty sure i read robb, or someone else with the club, say that 37k is the goal (lower level + club level) and if more were requested then they'd open the upper deck.

19. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would have thought they had already opened up the end zones.

In fact now that I think of it, 20000 should represent virtually all the sideline seats, so those should have been almost all gone at the time this thread was posted. I think they must have sold out the end zones as well, or maybe it was club level.

20. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Ticketmaster algorithms for "best available"...umm...I'd just give me a call instead.

21. Abracadabra

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Or not. :eek:

22. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

FYP. :D

23. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

conrad's already got one.

24. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's funny, he's washed them all except Beckham's. Bet that thing is skanky. Hope he at least Febreezed it.