Ticket resales

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by supaeagles, Apr 20, 2010.

1. hodisgod

hodisgod New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    My tst7's for Chile have finally sold.
    Any ideas if it is possible to sell Single tickets on the resale page???.
    When will this option be available...
    thanks for everyones help with all my questions.

2. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    For what it's worth, I picked up my tickets yesterday. I went to the counter at Sandton, because I didn't want to have the three tickets print out that I had up for resale. She told me that those three tickets were no longer on my account. I had checked an hour before and they were still lsited for resale. I just checked now, and they are listed as sold. So at least in my case, the web site summary page seems to be working well (and quickly).

3. luciano74

luciano74 New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    The 'sold' status is updated/displayed on 'My Tickets' page only.

Hey guys, how can I access "my tickets", send me the address please.

4. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Just sold 3 x Cat 1 to Match 58 (QF) in the last 24hrs. Put em up for sale about 2 weeks ago and they were sold all 3 at once as it seems.

5. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Switzerland v Honduras, Bloemfontein, Cat 2 - SOLD!

That's a clean sweep of 7 of 7 resold. $900/£623 back at the current exchange rates might even see me make a small profit.

6. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    To all those who have sold their tickets, has anyone finally received a confirmation email from FIFA?

All I have to show currently is a screenshot of the My Tickets page showing the status of SOLD.

7. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    I haven't received any emailed confirmations from FIFA about resales

8. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    No email. People calling FIFA Hotline have been told that if you can't recover your tickets then they have been sold, regardless of what the status on the Summary page says (it will always say Tickets to resale it seems). So your tickets saying SOLD under My Tickets should mean that they have actually been sold.

I am inclined to believe this as my tickets have sold under pretty reasonable circumstances, i.e. the different matches have been orange and then turned to yellow and within days the tickets have sold. Also, others having tickets to the same cat/match have also sold at the same time so seems like it is working and is not just random but I'll believe that when I see the money in the bank! ;)

9. lion2010

lion2010 New Member

May 12, 2010
    Does it say that a ticket in status "to resale" which can not be recover is actually SOLD ??

I have a problem since they sold my main applicant ticket but the guest is still "to resale" and non-recoverable ... :(

L.

10. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    That happened to me, but eventually the guest tickets got sold as well.

11. lion2010

lion2010 New Member

May 12, 2010
    Thanks. I know of some that this has happened to them as well, but their all guest tickets became sold. Mine is still "to resale". Has anyone already tried to pick up his (guest) tickets with such an issue ??

L.

12. macdonak

macdonak Member

May 15, 2006
    London
    I saw this post the other day and thought nothing of it. But today, I noticed that tickets I bought on the 28th (some with scanner, some not, I think), which were showing for at least a day or two after my purchases, have disappeared from the "TRP Project" site where Timanfaya and others have linked to. The only tickets showing on there now are a pair I bought on the 26th May, a couple of days earlier (without the scanner).

Has anybody else that couldn't find tickets they bought on or after the 28th now located them? I have confirmation emails for all of them and money was taken from my account. And I don't want to resell any of those tickets but it would be nice to be able to see / access them online, particularly in the light of the bizarre things that have previously gone on with my account.

If I go through the "normal" channels to look at my ticket history, including using the "new" button that has appeared to access this, all I can see are my failed applications from previous rounds. Even the pair bought on the 26th May, which show up on the "TRP Project" site don't show here. Three separate attempts to buy various TST and individual tickets, dating back to the first stage and every single request declined! Unlike the applications made by 2 friends and 2 family members, pretty much all of which succeeded in full. And then when I finally succeeded in getting tickets for my own account in this phase, despite the fact that all the details were mine when I filled them in, my email address, my credit card etc all in my name and my FIFA club account details all correct and everything, on one screen, it said all the tickets were in the name of one of my friends, who bought tickets in the first phase using my laptop (well OK, I bought them for him, but using his details, credit card and email.... and everything in a totally separate account). Given his account hasn't been touched in over a year, it was more than a bit scary to see my new tickets (including a couple for the final and semis) appearing in his name! And I started to wonder if maybe our two accounts had somehow been corrupted and that's why my previous applications had been refused - because he had used his full allocation already back when such things were being looked at more stringently?

Any comfort I got from initially being able to see the new tickets in my name rather than his on that "TRP Project" site has now gone as they've disappeared again. I guess I still have my confirmation emails but has anybody else grappled with a similar problem so far? And has anyone been to collect their tickets despite not being able to see them online?

13. umario

umario New Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Just a quick question - if I try to resell a Category 3 TST-5 for the Netherlands, does FIFA resell as a package (which is far less likely to move at this late date), or will it resell the tickets individually (increasing my chances of selling the tickets)? I've held onto three sets and found users for each of those sets, but a friend who was coming cancelled very recently and I couldn't move the fourth set.

I would be willing to sell at my cost (I paid CDN$689 in April 2009, because of the weakness of the Canadian dollar to the American at the time) to someone on here as well - I don't want to go all the way to South Africa to spend my time as a ticket tout!

Cheers!

14. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You can re-sell just one of your TST5 on fifa's page, but, not the one that belongs to the main applicant.

I think you'll be fine!!!

15. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have the same problem, can not access to the tix that I got in the last phase & I want to put 2x cat 1 for #60 back on fifa's re-sale page.:mad:

Let me know if someone knows how to do it or when this feature is up again.

16. umario

umario New Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hi Vamos Mexico (PS - hope you guys make it out of your group, especially at the expense of France :)),

I was wondering if they resell the tickets to the TST's individually or if they sell it as a package. I noticed that Category 3 for each of the first five Netherlands matches is sold out. Yet it still says my tickets are available for resale in spite of the sell-outs... What a frustrating site!!!

I figure it would be easier for FIFA to move them as individual tickets than as a package - there's a lot of travelling involved in getting around for this! If not, then I may be stuck spending time trying to sell my last ticket for each match.

17. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I had 4x TST5 Mexico on re-sale page & didn't sold for about 3 weeks, someone posted that he recovered them back, and re-listeded them 10 minutes later on fifas page again & sold immediately. So, I tried too & worked for me too. They sold in about 24 hrs period.

Maybe you should try it too.;)

18. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    They don't sell TST's anymore.
    But whether you will get a refund until they have sold all of the five tickets is debatable

19. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    They can't sell some of the tickets and still leave the TST showing as unsold, because umario could then reclaim the tickets. They have to make a decision about whether to buy umario's tickets before trying to resell them individually.

Based on other people's experiences I would suggest that umario might try reclaiming his TSTs and immediately putting them up for sale again, as VM says. I don't think it can do any harm.

20. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Maybe.

But anyone with a TST of 4 or greater will only be able to pick up the group matches when they first collect their tickets.

If someone puts tickets up for sale now, there doesn't seem to be any reason, to me, why FIFA can't just print the tickets that are sold and keep the money for the ones that are unsold. They will know which tickets they are, even if you don't.

21. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    But what status will they show on the resale page? If it says Sold then you can expect a refund, and if it doesn't then you can expect to be able to reclaim your tickets.

Also, for TST4s etc., they can't sell the second round game as an individual item to a specific buyer, because nobody knows yet which game that is. They can only add up the number of TST resales for all four teams in the group and work out that they will have a minimum of x tickets for match A and y tickets for match B. But they have to flag enough TSTs as sold before they can start selling those x and y.

22. hodisgod

hodisgod New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Hello.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to sell single tickets bought in the last week????

Ticket resale only seems to show tst's.
    Cheers

23. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you know what will suck, people who bout tst 7 tickets and their team loses in the semis... instead of a final ticket, they get the 3rd place game haha.

24. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm pretty sure you get the ticket to the final, not the 3rd place game. It's just the same as losing in the qtr finals - you still get tickets for the semi and final.

25. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't think so, you are following your team and they still get to play a 7th game.