Ticket resales

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by supaeagles, Apr 20, 2010.

1. zdog

zdog Member

Apr 18, 2006
    akatime / virginia
    Has anyone had luck selling tickets in a block of 3? Or has anyone offered 3 tickets for resale, and have the FIFA site resell only 1 or 2 of them?

I have had 3 x cat1 for Nigeria - Korea in Durban (admittedly not a sought after amtch) for over a month. I am wondering if I should take this back, and then just offer 2 for resale.

(I am semi-desparate to unload these -- if anyone is looking for this game, I am open to unequal trades, i.e. cat1 for another cat.)

2. intothecarbonara

intothecarbonara New Member

May 30, 2010
    Hello
    I'm new here but I have been following this thread with interest and picked up lots of useful tips so thanks to everyone for for that.

Just got one thing I need help with - I can't seem to access the 'edit guest' option at the moment to change the name of one of my tickets.

Can anyone help?

3. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Yep, don't bother, they won't be checked anyway. You don't even have to enter guest names during phase 5 applications

4. intothecarbonara

intothecarbonara New Member

May 30, 2010
    I bought the ticket in the first phase of applications. How do you know they won't be checked?
    I'm changing my ticket details from a 45-year-old Australian man to a 20-year-old SA girl so I don't really want to mess it up!!!!
    I can't access the page which displays the tickets I've bought either. This FIFA website is by far the worst thing I've ever seen on the internet!
    Would still like to know how to view/amend the details of my application - seems impossible right now.

5. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    As I said, in the fifth phase you can buy upto 10 tickets per game, but only one name goes on the application. With this as a policy it stands to reason that they will not be able to check the names. What will they check them against? I won't be carrying any ID
    Certainly in 2006 and 20o2 they didnt make any checks.
    Just relax. I have tickets with lots of different names on!

6. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    No one checks anything ever (it is not even possible anymore), relax and enjoy the game

7. DeanHobbs

DeanHobbs New Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Peterborough United FC
    ALL the tickets (including guest tickets) hve the main applicants name so don't bother changing any names.

8. azman13

azman13 New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Club:
    Abha
    Since that happens there's no way for me to actually able to resell it on FIFA's web? the only way i suppose is to tout my remaining tickets outside the satdium perhaps?

9. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    For any travellers thinking of selling tickets when you get there - go prepared!
    Print the details and so ensure you stand out from others who have just scribbled on a bit of paper.
    Something that worked for me, was to use sticky tape to fix 4 drinking straws along the 4 edges of the paper. Then its much easier to hold or fix to where you are sitting!

10. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Hi azman13, you're right. For some reason you can't resell just one of your tickets from this phase, you can only resell all of them. You can sell your spare ticket at the stadium, or swap it here on the ticket trade thread, that sort of thing.

11. luciano74

luciano74 New Member

Jun 2, 2010
  12. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    All the tickets I bought before 28-May-10 are exist in Ticket Resale page.
    All the tickets I bought on 28-May-10 (Friday) aren't exist in the resale page.

Is it normal?
    Is it the case for all of you?

13. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Yeah, it is like that for me too. You can see the tickets from this phase: buy tickets -> more -> ticket area

14. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    I thought about this too. Been having 3xCat1 for Match 58 up now for a long time and am worried that it will only sell if someone buys 3 tickets. All my other tickets have sold. Was also thinking about recovering them and putting them out first 2 and then the single when those two have sold. 58 has been orange for a long time now. I know one more guy that has tickets for resale, all have sold but this match. Has anyone actually sold a ticket to match 58?

15. Room 9

Room 9 New Member

May 30, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am looking for tickets for the following games: Match 8 (Ghana v. Serbia); Match 9 (Holland v. Denmark); Match 3 (Nigeria v. Argentina); Match 26 (Cameroon v. Denmark) and Match 29 (Ivory Coast v. Brazil)

16. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I resold 4 category 1 tickets to match 58, which I posted for resale on April 20th. At first, and relatively quickly, only my (the applicant's) ticket sold and at that point I couldn't reclaim the other tickets. Despite the unavailability of tickets on FIFA's web site, it took a couple of weeks for the other three tickets to sell, but they all sold at once from what I could see.

17. bahtadd

bahtadd Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Northern VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Does anyone else also envision many tickets available for sale outside the stadiums prior to kick-offs at reasonable prices.

18. futmotard

futmotard Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Finally was able to re-sell match 48 2xCAT2, was loosing hope.

19. LynT10

LynT10 New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Has anyone else encountered the following horrible problem in the last few days?

I put up 2 tickets each (out of 4 total) for 3 group games in Cape Town because 2 in our party couldn't get there until the Rd of 16 matches. All non-TSTs. My own tickets (the main applicant's) were not included and everything looked fine on the Your Tickets page on the web site and remained that way whenever I checked every few days. I didn't change a thing. When the final sales phase began, I could not access my account until today when all four tickets (for all 3 of those matches) including my own were listed as SOLD. The Summary/Operations page shows only 2 listed for resale per match but the My Tickets page shows all were sold.

I called FIFA but the office is closed and have emailed them too. Is this a glitch that i don't have to worry about? Anybody have suggestions re next step?

20. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    You don't have to worry about it, the summary page is the truth. Myself and others have checked with FIFA.

21. manuelp1975

manuelp1975 New Member

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    You mean "My Tickets" area, I think.

22. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    No, I mean the summary page which shows which tickets you put up for resale because the "my tickets" page is the one which is screwed up.

23. luciano74

luciano74 New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Now I know

So, I've put my tickets to resale, and everytime that I went to the main page I clicked at sumary, not in I accept or not accept, because I've already put to resale.
    so, the sumary, until today, is showing to me - to resale.
    but, today, I've clicked on "I accept" to try to put my tickets again to resale and they show me a new page that showed my tickets were sold.
    GREATTTTT.. I don't have anything against african found, but I'm from brazil and my bank account is almost in zero.
    And my tickets were to the first game and I've put them to sell a mounth ago.
    Thanks for everybody in this forum, because just here I've found good informations about the tickets.

24. luciano74

luciano74 New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Re: Now I know

and this notice is a lie

"Tickets put to resale will be sold on a First-Come-First-Served basis, and they can resold up to 3 days before the start of the match. You can monitor the resale status online by clicking on "Summary". If tickets have been resold, the status column will read “Ticket Sold”. You can recover tickets that you put to resale, but which have not yet resold, from the "My Tickets" page. "

don't believe in summary status.

25. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Summay page never shows any tickets as 'sold'. The 'sold' status is updated/displayed on 'My Tickets' page only. So which one is screwed up?