Ticket resales

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by supaeagles, Apr 20, 2010.

1. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    I guess you didnt either.

2. lion2010

lion2010 New Member

May 12, 2010
    How much time between resales should I expect ?

L.

3. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is the account completely gone or did they just issue a new card? If its door #2, then the refund will still go to the account despite the card no longer existing.

If it's option #1, then I would contact FIFA and let them know the circumstance and inform them of a new credit card to put the refund back on.

4. TRUEAGGIE

TRUEAGGIE Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Did you receive an answer? One of my tickets is showing sold as well which I didn't put for resale. I only put the guest ticket for resale. It is not allowing me to recover any of my tickets as well which are currently set for resale.

5. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    The account still exists, just the card number is different. Anyway, I am sure I will get the money back somehow, it just may take a slightly longer time than the rest of you!

6. aumell

aumell New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spoke to a FIFA rep and they said the website is experiencing technical difficulties. Tthey could not log in to see my account. They said the only way through is the official FIFA website. I asked them about the ticketresale link and they would not try to open that and said the FIFA website was the only way through. They said call back on Monday.

I called a second time and the person wasn't helpful at all and said call back or try the website in 2 hours. It doesn't sound like any one knows what is going on. I am still concerned because it shows my ticket sold and I have sunk a few grand into this trip already and to go w/o tickets due a FIFA technical glitch would be shameful.

I am taking screen shots of the "summary" and "my tickets" tabs to show proof that I never posted my ticket for resale.

7. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
    Sold Match 41 Slovakia - Italy 2 x Cat 1 within the last 48 hrs

8. DeanHobbs

DeanHobbs New Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Peterborough United FC
    Looking at this thread my biggest regret is not just selling all my tickets back to FIFA. I know it is hit and miss but some of the tickets that people have managed to resell is quite surprising. Category 1 tickets for Slovakia vs Italy!!!

It looks like I will be left with £1500 worth of tickets that I can't even give away. I actually thought I would be more out of pocket selling them back to FIFA.

9. macdonak

macdonak Member

May 15, 2006
    London
    In fairness to FIFA (and with due regard to some of the horrendous f*ckups some people seem to be facing re more tickets beoing sold than they wanted to etc), the resales do seem to have proceeded far more smoothly than most of us feared. I wouldn't say it's too late to sell them via that route. Sure it may be more difficult without all the hype of the "final sale" we had on Friday but I'd guess tickets for many games will continue to sell steadily as and when they are put for resale. So go for it - what have you got to lose? If they haven't sold by 3 days before the game, say, you can always choose to take them back and sell them through other routes if you can. I'd have thought You'd be no worse off.

10. DeanHobbs

DeanHobbs New Member

May 19, 2010
    Club:
    Peterborough United FC
    I have already picked the tickets up. Are you suggesting that FIFA will them back and sell them for me?

11. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sadly no. The ticket resale page says that resale can only happen prior to tickets being collected.

12. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Then explain that to FIFA and I'm sure you are fine seeing as it all points to the same account.

13. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Dean - Stop being so shy and say what tickets you have in front of you. People here might need them!

14. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Where can I find the most update tickets I own from the sells phases? (excluding the one I already resale etc.)

Thanks.

15. scouse_er

scouse_er New Member

May 21, 2006
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I have 2 x cat2 tix for Korea v Nigeria in durban on 22nd june to sell, but can't find the 'resale' link on FIFA website.

can anyone point me to it - or else offer to buy my tix. I will be in Durban between 12th & 16th june.

Cheers

16. bunkmedal

bunkmedal Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    https://ticketresale.fifa.com/Resale/

That seems to work.

17. nonflyingdutchman

nonflyingdutchman New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why are game 45 (brazil v portugal) and the final the only two games that have now tickets available but are not sold out? i have been trying to sell my game 45 tickets for over a month.

18. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    recover and put them for resale again

19. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Quick question

I have put some of my tickets for resale, and some are not. When I am picking up my tickets and my tickets are still in resale process, can I just pick up the tickets I want and still put the one I don't want in resale?

Also, I put 4 tickets (2 each) for resale for two matches, the cost is $20 per ticket sales and since I put two matches, so it's $20 only. One match has sold, but not the other (match 57). If I recover and put on resale again, do I pay $20 only? Or $30 ($10 from the first one, and $20 from the recover and resale)? Or $40 ($20 for first one sold, and $20 for the second one , match 57, that I recover and resold)?

20. Nordino

Nordino Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Haugesund, Norway
    2x Japan Cameroon CAT1 sold. I have now miraculously got rid of all my not-so-attractive tickets.

21. newfiepicks

newfiepicks New Member

May 4, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    My England vs Slovenia CAT2 tickets show as sold.

22. Joffray

Joffray Member

May 24, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    If I sell my Match 40 (Australia v Serbia) and Match 48 tickets (Switzerland v Honduras) I'll be ecstatic. I'm growing more and more skeptical by the day that these tickets will sell....

23. USGLORY

USGLORY New Member

May 27, 2010
    Aliso Viejo, CA USA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still have one ticket available to USA - England (CAT 1 guest ticket).
    Let me know if anyone is interested..

thanks

24. happythegooner

Jun 6, 2007
    Cornwall, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Today my 2 x England v USA cat 3 got sold.

25. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How is everyone checking their My Ticket Summary to see if they have sold tickets or not ? I can no longer access that page thru the Buy tickets link. The backdoor method worked for me earlier but not anymore.