Ticket resales

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by supaeagles, Apr 20, 2010.

1. manuelp1975

manuelp1975 New Member

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hi, 2 quick questions:

1. Did any of you got an e.mail confirming tickets sold, or do you just see it online in one of the boards? My friends tickets for the FINAL have shown as sold and as ticket for resale depending on which day you log-in to check. And they just keep looping these last weeks (put for resale in April).

2. I've just used the direct link above to recall my tickets for matches 54 and 58, since they were listed for resale since April. Wonder if the link for selling tickets is not temporarily available for a valid reason, and entering "around" may not be very effective to the point where we gonna get to recall again for resale?

Thanks,
    M.

2. happythegooner

Jun 6, 2007
    Cornwall, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This evening my Match 1 - South Africa v Mexico 2 x cat 1 tickets have changed to sold.

3. manuelp1975

manuelp1975 New Member

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It seems to be working regarding issue 2), 2 of my long listed tickets for resale were just sold 2 hours after putting them back into the sale system.

4. nonflyingdutchman

nonflyingdutchman New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone seen any movement for game #45. Brazil vs. Portugal.
    my tickets have been released to sell for over a month and that game never seems to be made available.

5. Lucas12

Lucas12 Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    Adelaide United
  6. Amsterdeco

Amsterdeco New Member

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Yeah sorry I should have posted the link! It seems to work as my tickets for the SF sold today.

7. aumell

aumell New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just checked this link and finally my two tickets I put for resale have sold in Durban. The bad news it that is shows 3 of my 4 tickets sold. I need 2 tickets per match, has anyone else experienced this error? I never put 3 up for resale, I even took a screen shot and have proof to show FIFA if they dispute it.

8. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    My 2 x Cat 1 Tickets for Match 1 have sold FINALLY! Seems like FIFA finally put them up for sale in yesterdays mad rush.

I have the same problem as most you though; in the My Tickets page it shows a staus of "SOLD" but in the Ticket Summary page it states "Ticket to Resale". Neither did I receive a confirmation email. I have taken a screen grab of the My Tickets page just in case they do not pay up by Match 64.

I preume they need to contact us now for us to provide bank details etc of where they are to deposit the funds.

9. psheff

psheff New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    London
    Resold match 62 and 64 cat 2. Same as others - 'Sold' in 'My tickets' yet 'Ticket to resale' in 'Summary' page. Got my screenshot as well as the crowd that did the ticketing should be shot........

10. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Phew - that's a relief. Who'd have thought that those 3 games would have sold? ;)

11. hingus2000

hingus2000 Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Guys can anyone help me decide something.

I have managed to buy 2x Cat 4 tickets for England v Slovenia in the same block as my existing Cat 3 tickets.

Therefore I need to sell my Cat 3 tickets. Do you think demand will be sufficient outside the ground to sell them at FACE VALUE (100%, don't need to make a profit) and avoid the FIFA resale charge, or should I just go down the FIFA route?

12. hingus2000

hingus2000 Member

Apr 16, 2010
    By the way, my match 49 Cat 3 tickets have sold. I'm very surprised!

13. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    when did you put those for resale?? mine still sitting there since they open that portal???

14. Nailsea Hammer

Nailsea Hammer New Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Sell them through FIFA. You dont want to be messing about selling tickets on the day unless you have to. It's worth the $20.

15. bunkmedal

bunkmedal Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    One of the games I thought would never get sold (Italy vs New Zealand in Nelspruit, Category 2) sold last night. If that game sells then you would think most games would.

16. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Agreed.

I just sold an England TST 3 back in last 24 hours

17. lion2010

lion2010 New Member

May 12, 2010
    Hi all,

Strange status: my applicant's ticket had been sold, however the second (guest) ticket not sold yet. And I cannot recover it.

Do you know the meaning of that ? Do I (as the main applicant) have to come to SA with my guest details, passport copy, etc .. for his unsold ticket ?? Can it be sold on the last minute (since I cannot recover it) ???

Hmmm :(

L.

18. ---Kenny---

---Kenny--- New Member

May 3, 2010
    Oslo, Norway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    FIFA has now managed to sell one of the tickets I haven't listed for resell. Has anybody experienced the same problem?

19. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    This is common. If it goes like most of ours have gone, it should get sold soon enough.

20. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Hey guys,

We don't want touts on this forum - period. If anyone approaches you via PM, or if you PM them for a trade and it turns out they're actually scalping, please report them. It's definitely against the rules and if they've read them they know.

Soliciting to buy tickets is also not permitted. If multiple complaints are received about unsolicited approaches to purchase, that will likewise result in a ban.

Cheers.

21. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If the Ticket Applicant paid for Tickets using a payment card (other than FNB/Visa Official Mascot Prepaid Cards), resale proceeds will be provided to the Ticket Applicant by way of a credit to the Ticket Applicant’s payment card.

If the Ticket Applicant paid for Tickets via bank transfer, resale proceeds will be made by bank transfer to the same account.

If the Ticket Applicant paid for Tickets using a FNB Visa Official Mascot prepaid Card or cash at a FNB branch, the Ticket Applicant must contact the FWCTC to arrange a method for receiving resale proceeds using other methods approved by the FWCTC.

The Ticket Applicant is responsible for determining the status of his resale request, and may do so by checking on the summary within his “View your application” menu item, contacting the FWCTC call centre or asking about the status at a FIFA Ticketing Centre. The applicant is also responsible for making sure that he has provided the FWCTC with an effective method of providing payment of the resale proceeds, and should check with the FWCTC if the status of the request indicates that the Tickets have been resold, but no resale proceeds have been received within the time period identified, to make sure that there was not a problem with the payment method provided by the Ticket Applicant.

The resale proceeds will be provided in dollars or rand depending on the currency used in the transaction as applicable Once resale proceeds are credited to the Ticket Applicant’s payment card account, the conversion rates applicable for conversion into other currencies are dependent on the banks or payment card companies involved. If resale proceeds have to be provided by bank transfer, the amount will be reduced by the cost of the bank transfer fees. Currency fluctuations may further reduce the amount of the resale proceeds.

The name of the individual Ticket Applicant must be the same as the name of the individual on the payment card being provided with the credit, or the bank account to which the resale proceeds are being transferred.

22. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did someone try to resale tickets for the final game?
    I don't know if I can be optimistic to get Final Tickets via Fifa ticketing website.

Thanks.

23. aumell

aumell New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, this has happened to me as well. Anyone else? I am trying to call FIFA to see what is going on...

24. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have had Ned - cam in cat 3 for sale for a few weeks. I have reclaimed it a few times. It is still showing for resale, even though that game is constantly sold out. So frustrating. Also same problem with match 52 and 56 in cat 1.

25. type-r

type-r New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    The Visa card I originally used to purchase the tickets has now been cancelled as I lost it sometime ago. What happens now? They will attempt to credit it to an account that doesn't exist any more.

Seriously FIFA has not thought of all possible contingency plans... :eek: