Ticket resales

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by supaeagles, Apr 20, 2010.

1. LeSagna

LeSagna New Member

May 17, 2008
    L.A.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    my page shows it in USD

2. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I & my son put tickets up for resale when it was first launched:

2x Cat 3 for match 21, Brasil/Ivory Coast

2x Cat 1 for match 58, QF in J-burg.

4x Cat 1 TST5 Mexico. (2 of my buddies quit). :(

This TST5 includes the opening match/ceremonies,

Mexico/France
    (only cat 1 is yellow), Mexico/Uruguay (only cat 1 is

available), Match 49, PE sucks selling any tix!!!, (if Mexico is 1st of the group or is kicked out

early) OR match 52 wich will sell out, (if Mexico is 2nd.), & one QF most likely match 58 wich will sell out too!!

in J-burg or match 59 in Cape Town ( It'll sell out for sure), less likely if Mexico is second of group & wins match 49.

Do you think that I have any chances of get rid of the TST5 on resale before WC starts?

Let you know if any of them gets sold.:rolleyes:

3. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think PE tickets will be bought last minute - as it is a holiday destination and the school holidays are on at that time, S AFricans who decide at the last minute to go and watch a game will go to PE - most of them are only getting swept up by the whole WC experience now hence the scramble for tickets.

4. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    You might call them to report the bug. Did you try reclaiming them, then resubmitting them for resale?

5. Sam77777

Sam77777 New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    just put up 1x tst3 ENGLAND cat 1.....

6. usaforthecup

usaforthecup Member

Apr 17, 2009
    But there is no ability to buy TST's any more in phase V. - so maybe what you are saying is for example, a TST3 sells 2 out of the three portions - you get nothing. If all 3 are sold you get your account settled.

7. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I can't see the process working like this. As you have the facility to withdraw the resale at any point, FIFA cannot sell part of the TST and allocate a seat, if there is a chance you can take back the tickets and use them yourself.
    There must be some mechanism in place to split down the ticket and sell individually, but how they do that is uncertain. I think we are all beginning to realise FIFA have made a bit of a mess of all this.

Good luck with the resale anyway. I have been waiting for too long to offload my tickets, so with any luck those that want to sell are able to.

8. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Just put up 2 England v Algeria Cat 2s

Plenty of people wanted to trade for these, but match takes place before I arrive in SA so no apparent way to transfer both tickets to someone else.

9. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey guys, the first person has claimed to have their tickets sold (probably match 50 if previous posts are an indication)... good sign.

10. zxem

zxem New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Sorry, who?

11. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. DonCamillo

DonCamillo New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    I have a confirmed sale for 4 Cat 2 #63 3rd place game.

I am also selling a TST-6 for Paraguay and it is not clear to me how those will sell if TSTs cannot be bought anymore through the ticketing site. I have asked a question to FIFA and hope to get a usable answer before the tournament starts ....

13. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    the big question mark against this whole business is what exactly "unavailable" means, as it doesn't mean sold out. There's no reason beyond sheer inability to get their system to work for there being a third option beyond available and sold out.

14. nickwk

nickwk New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Is anyone else in the situation where the card they used to pay for the tickets is no longer valid (or has been cancelled)?

Any idea what will happen if we resell tickets in this scenario?

(I cannot see any facility to change the details for how we receive the refund).

15. nickwk

nickwk New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC

I am also having the refund shown as ZAR when it should be in USD. I am reluctant to confirm the resale of these tickets.

Did you manage to find a solution to this problem?

16. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If you change your payment card info, I assume they will refund to that card.

Go to Buy Tickets, click on ""Edit", click "Continue" at the bottom of the page and then change your payment card info.

17. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Maybe that will work, but in theory they have to refund on the original payment card details, so quite possibly that will be what they do.

nickwk, are the two cards both for the same account? i.e. the new card just superseded the old one? If that's the case then there shouldn't be a huge problem, your bank ought to be able to handle it, it's hardly a unique event.

If you have closed the account with the old card, and now you're with a new bank, then maybe it's worth having a word with your old bank to see what they can do if your money turns up there.

18. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ahh, I am not the only one!!! :D
    I havent put any tickets on sale because of this. I have emailed FIFA and waiting for their response. Looks like a bug affecting few accounts.
    I will let you know if I hear back. There is a phone number that you can call and find out but havent tried that yet as I am in US and the number is based in Zurich.

19. nickwk

nickwk New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC

Hi Supaeagles

I have exactly the same problem as you are describing. Did you proceed with listing them for resale (I am relucant to and am yet to do so)?

I also am wondering what has caused the system to list our USD refunds in ZAR. I purchased additional tickets when this final phase opened, but it didn't ask for my country of residence, and it processed my payment in ZAR. Now when I use the system I have noticed that after selecting 'Buy Tickets' if I click 'Previous' (at the bottom of the page) it then asks me for my country of residence. I'm wondering if I now choose 'Other Country' and 'Start Process' and purchase more tickets. It will then no longer think I'm South African resident, and then process my refund in USD if I attempt to resell other tickets?

If you can confirm that you purchased additional tickets in ZAR that would be very helpful to confirming my theory either way.

Regardless, the ticketing system is nothing short of abysmal.

This issue combined with my change of card details issue is making me hugely reluctant to resell these tickets with the system in it's current state.

20. gouf35

gouf35 Member

May 30, 2006
    London
    Same problem for me, I've put my tickets up for resale anyway, I'm guessing it's just a display bug. Hopefully they'll be sold soon when they put the latest batch of tickets up for sale, it's Game 49 cat 3, which has become unavailable this morning.

21. lpporto

lpporto Member

Mar 25, 2006
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Click on Buy tickets, than when they show the tickets you bought click on Edit (near Transfer Tickets) and it will go to your personal details. Click on Continue and it will show a place where you can add a different credit card information.

22. nickwk

nickwk New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC

Thanks for that. I have done as you've suggested.

However, my concern is just that the T's and C's do clearly state the the refund will be made to the card that was charged when the tickets were purchased, and not the card details you set in your user profile (which it clearly states are used for ticket collections and not for ticket refunds).

23. StanleyUK

StanleyUK New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi Nickwk,

I think there are many people in the same situation.
    As the credit card company will still have details of the old card on file, any refund that is made to that card will be processed as a cheque (or check, for you USA folk!), and posted to the address of the registered card.
    I had a meeting with my bank manager a few weeks ago and put the question to him.

So providing you haven't moved house since cancelling the card...

24. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    When did you buy the tickets you were trying to resell back ?
    Yes, I bought tickets in this phase in ZAR, but even if you choose residency of another country apart from SA, it still charged me in ZAR. I think in this ticketing phase they decided to charge everyone in ZAR regardless of their nationality/country of residence.
    If I were returning the tickets bought in ZAR, the returns were based on ZAR -so, no issues there. Its only when the tickets I bought in Phase 2&3 in USD that I am seeing the current display problem.

25. nickwk

nickwk New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC

Hi Supaeagles

Thanks for your response.

I am keen to try and nail what's going on here.

Firstly, it does not ask me for country of residence when attempting to purchase extra tickets unless I press the 'previous' button as described in my last post.

I purchased additional tickets without choosing my country of residence (due to their being no option to choose), it charged me in ZAR. I have a friend who purchased additional tickets and he set his country of residence as 'Other Country', he was charged in USD, and if he tries to resell any of his tickets now it says the refund will be in USD.

If I attempt to purchase additional tickets now, without setting a country of residence it tries to charge me in ZAR. If I set my country of residence as 'other country' it tries to charge me in USD.

The tickets I have purchased from a pervious phase (Phase 1) were TST tickets (to further complicate the situation). The refund I should be due if I resell them is approx USD$2000 however it says it will be ZAR2000. Obviously I am concerned given the huge difference in what these amounts are.

My current hypothesis is that the currency we used to pay for our most recent ticket purchase, is the currency it's using when trying to refund a prior purchase made (without converting the amount using an exchange rate).

Are you able to play around in the website to see if you can set your country of residence as 'Other Country' and see if indicates it will charge you USD if you try to purchase more tickets?

Interestingly I have purchased a combination of TST tickets and Individual match tickets (which is impossible according to the FAQ) and I have a mate who has purchased tickets to more than 7 Individual Matches (which is also impossible according to the FAQ).

I am also wondering if either of us are going to face any grief when attempting to collect tickets in South Africa.

Many thanks

Nick