Ticket resales

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by supaeagles, Apr 20, 2010.

1. drmcclin

drmcclin New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    sorry, forgot to specify that my France TST-3's were Cat3

2. drmcclin

drmcclin New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    double post

3. PelePele1010

PelePele1010 New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why is everyone re-selling ticket but me lol I think we should start another list with the non-sold tickets so maybe we can find out what they have in common lol I am currently fighting with their Fifa Accommodation people do you think they blackballed me?

Up for Re-sell since April 16th,

Match 9 - Netherlands v Denmark CAT3
    Match 20 - Argentina v Korea Republic CAT3
    Match 39 - Ghana v Germany CAT2
    Match 52 - R16 - 1B v 2A CAT3

4. markwilson88

markwilson88 New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hi guys.

To summarise my understanding so far in the resale process and perhaps get a message out there. I was like many of you one of the keen beans who used the link posted on this forum on April 15th to get my tickets up for resale asap. I am selling Uruguay Fra (CT cat 1) and R16 game at Soccer City (cat 3). Nether have sold and still show as unavailble.

I have friends who put their tickets up for resale at a later date and sold all their spare CT tickets, others who have sold zero. This leads me to believe:

1. You are put into a bucket of people whose tickets are for sale. This bucket is then released in one go, like we saw with the CT and Durban tickets.
    2. If you are not in the bucket, your tickets havent been released for sale
    3. I have a theory that the link put up here to get around the 'shoddy' website portal fifa provide us may have hindered our chances and not registered our request correctly

I may be wrong, but I have since recovered all tickets, then put them back up for sale and something about the appearance of the portal now feels different to me. But I may be wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed now with the clock ticking and still no sales!

5. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wouldn't recovering and putting up for resale again push you all the way to the end of the queue?

6. markwilson88

markwilson88 New Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    But how can a queue have ever been in place is my whole point.

If I have put the same ticket up, as a friend who put his up a week later, how could I ever have been ahead of him in the queue?

I think it is a flawed resale system, I can see this in my dads application, he now has 6 tickets against his name in resale but has only ever bought two! So knowing that a friend had been succesful I have taken a gamble to put them back on, in my mind practically pushing F5.

7. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I put 4 tickets for 3 games up for resale on April 16th via the back door into the resale website. When I logged on after the resale site was open, it only showed my guests' tickets as up for resale. I recalled the tickets and put all four tickets for each game up for resale on April 20th. I later recalled one game that I sold to a fellow bigsoccer poster. Last week my ticket (applicant) for the remaining two games sold but the tickets for my three guests for the two games remain unsold. Those are Matches 53 and 58, each of which is sold out at present. The three tickets I put up for resale on April 16th but recalled and reposted on April 20th are unsold. The one ticket I posted on April 20th sold. I e-mailed FIFA and got a canned (non)response. I called the number they gave me and navigated around their automated system to no avail. I'm befuddled. I've got tickets for sale to games that have been sold out for a while. Did others who put up tickets for resale on April 16th have their tickets resold without any glitches?

8. drmcclin

drmcclin New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    My France TST3 tickets were put up on April 16th via the backdoor and had not been touched since.

9. happythegooner

Jun 6, 2007
    Cornwall, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    2 x Holland v Denmark Cat 2
    2 x Argentina v Korea Cat 2
    2 x New Zealand v Slovakia Cat 3
    2 x England v USA Cat 3
    2 x Germany v Australia Cat 1
    2 x South Africa v Mexico Cat 1
    2 x Durban Semi Cat 1

Put them all up on 16th April and still none have sold!

10. PelePele1010

PelePele1010 New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Edit: OK I just took a big risk and recovered all my tickets and put them back on sale 15mins later after loging out. I hope this work or else someone this site is going to watch some great games on my dime lol

11. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    I'm really disapointed with this resale procedure of FIFA..
    I put 2 tix Cat2 M29 for resale through the "back door" link on 15/04.
    I know that 2 Bigsoccer fellows have already sold same match & Cat..
    Maybe the "back door" requests were not put in the bucket?
    I really hope not, I now don't want to go to the end of the queue..

To clear this doubt, we need "inside information" from other Bigsoccer fellows:
    As anyone used the backdoor link on 15/04 & successfully resold his tickets?

12. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    what is backdoor link ??

13. jezs

jezs New Member

May 11, 2010
    I used the backdoor/link to list my tickets for resale and my tst's are sold. I was tempted to recover them when they weren't shifting but didnt.

14. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I put 5 cat3 tickets for match 53 for sale on 15th. Three from one account and two from a different account. Two of the three got sold in a week, the third one from that account got sold after a few days. Rest of the two from a different account are still unsold. Too confusing. Match 53 tickets have become available so many times during this phase but those two tickets are still not sold!

Answering your question..yeah I did resell three tickets that I put on resale on 15th, but cant seem to figure out the pattern.

Oh and I bought a cat 3 ticket for match 58 last week. Put it for resale cuz I didnt need it anymore. Got sold in a day.

Thousand points to anyone who can figure out the pattern.

15. Joffray

Joffray Member

May 24, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I think FIFA is trying to make the tickets to some of these games look much more scarce than they actually are so people feel some urgency to buy tickets.
    My .02

16. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes, I have. I put mine up using the link posted here on April 15th. My TST-6 Mexico changed to "Ticket Sold" yesterday. Never recalled it and put it back up.

17. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    I figured it out...........totally random!

18. migueldv

migueldv Member

May 8, 2006
    Lisbon
    Good to know that some of you resold tix using the 15/04 link.
    At least that's cleared, and it gives me some confort..

Despite I would prefer not to win, I'm afraid the 1000 points prize it's mine :)
    I've being calling WC Call Center every week & I now have "inside information":

Tix request for resale are not all sold through the same sales channel.
    Some are resold to other fans (become yellow & others buy them).
    Others may have been "delivered" to FIFA's Hospitality Programs..
    Not every channel takes the same time to update the status (its random).

Note: I just got this info after some half hour hard & insisting phone calls..
    I'm now immediately asking to speak to the operator superiors.
    So if you guys call them, the first thing they'll try it's to deny this procedures.
    And tell you to wait a few more days, that your tix will be sold, not to worry..

I'm afraid I was "unlucky", because I was one of the first to put tix for resale.
    I have proofs that others put their for resale 1 week after & are already sold.
    The problem it's that FIFA supervisors refuse to admit this, so I'm stuck..
    I'll keep insisting with them & keep yo updated with further developments.

Sorry for the bad news (some of you were also probably as "unlucky" as I).
    But it's the truth, believe me. So (unfortunately), the 1000 points are mine..
    I hope I've helped you guys understand FIFA's "procedures".. Regards, Miguel

19. Verbify

Verbify New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Denver
    Sold 3 cat. 1 for match 16 and 3 cat 1 for match 39 sometime in the past few days (got tired of checking daily and ending up disappointed). Match 16 (3 cat 1) still up but this is progress and I'm feeling much better.

20. bravo340

bravo340 Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The applicant ticket on my 2 TST-6 Cat.2 Mexico (which both yesterday said "Ticket Sold"), now says Ticket to Resale again. The guest ticket still says Ticket Sold.

Has this happened to anyone who had already "sold" a TST?

21. Nate6551

Nate6551 New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Today (as of now) will be the third time that match 52 (R16 - 1B v 2A / Soccer City) cat. 1 has gone "red" without my ticket being resold. FIFA needs to stimulate my personal economy so that when I do get to SA I will be able to do/buy things!

22. shaunsindelman

Apr 23, 2009
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ticket resales (updated list)

2 Cat2
    3 (Cat2), Cat3
    7 Cat2
    8 Cat2
    9 (Cat1), Cat3
    11 (Cat2), Cat3
    14 Cat2
    16 (Cat1), Cat3
    20 Cat 1, (Cat2), (Cat3)
    23 Cat 1, Cat2, Cat3
    25 Cat3
    29 (Cat1), (Cat2), (Cat3)
    30 Cat 3
    35 Cat 2
    36 CAT-2
    37 (Cat1)
    39 Cat1, Cat3
    43 CAT-4
    44 Cat3
    52 CAT3
    53 Cat??
    54 Cat1
    56 Cat 1, Cat2
    57 Cat 2
    59 Cat 2
    58 (Cat2)
    60 Cat1
    63 (Cat2)

TST3-England Cat1
    TST3-USA Cat1
    TST3-Australia Cat2
    TST3-France Cat3
    TST3-Netherlands Cat3
    TST4-Slovena Cat3
    TST5-England Cat2
    TST5-Paraguay Cat3
    TST6-Mexico Cat2
    TST6-Germany Cat??
    TST7- South Korea Cat1, Cat2, Cat3
    TST7-Italy Cat1
    TST7-Ivory Coast Cat1

23. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Re: Ticket resales (updated list)

Edited to add the 1 of my 4 category 1 tickets that resold for Matches 53 and 58.

24. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I have to commend you for being able to get through to a live person at FIFA. I called the number they gave me in an e-mail response (+41 44 583 2010) and got a recording saying they were busy and my call was in a queue. Then I got transferred into an automated phone system that had canned options. It said dial 9 if you want to talk to a person and when you did that it said "that is not a valid option." Typical FIFA runaround. I'm surprised you got actual information out of them.

25. nonflyingdutchman

nonflyingdutchman New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone seen or heard anything about tickets for Match 45 - Portugal v Brazil going on sale. I posted mine for sale last month along with my other tickets. the other tickets have sold and these don't seemed to have ever been made available. I would think this would be popular match.