Ticket priority quiz

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by shinpath, Dec 19, 2005.

1. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
    Someone posted a funny/cool quiz for 'WC ticket priority" that had 10 questions, some of which were:
    Can you name exactly where you were when Brian McBride scored his 3rd goal against Portugal?
    Have you ever watched a US Nats game in Spanish because no English broadcast was available?
    Can someone repost it in full? Thanks.

2. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Post #106 in the According to Amy thread, credit to NASL Fan:
    How about this loyalty "test"? Answer five or more affirmative, and you get to go to the head of the tickets line

1. Have you ever crossed state lines to see the US National team play?

2. Have you ever worn a hopelessly outdated US nats replica jersey, such as the infamous candy stripes of the 94 WC?

3. Do you weep tears of nostalgic joy when you remember the first time you saw the Nats beat Mexico?

4. Can you recite, as if it were yesterday, where you were when Brian McBride headed in the third against Portugal in 2002?

5. Do you troll the internet more than five hours a week at obscure websites such as BigSoccer.com in search of news of potential or current nats playing in the English lower divisions?

6. Can you name ten current or former members of the US National team who have at one time or the other plied their trade in Germany?

7. Have you ever watched a US nats game narrated entirely in Spanish because there was no English language broadcast available?

8. Can you recite at least one malapropism uttered by Ty Keough or some other ESPN/ABC soccer color man?

9. Have you ever attended a US nats game at Cal State Fullerton's Titan Stadium or some other obscure college venue, or attended a practice?

10. Can you name at least two teams against which Jovan Kirovski scored a goal for the nats?

I score 9 out of 10.

Tickets please!

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    That's pretty funny, but not too difficult to answer and easy to lie about.

I'd suggest questions like:

-Who is the only American to score a hat-trick in a WC finals game?
    -Name the opponent, final score, venue, and at least one US goalscorer in our first WCQ game this cycle
    -What was the "shot heard 'round the world" and who hit it??

4. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights

9/10, only missed #9--although I'll admit I did have to check sams-army.com to verify that Kirovski did indeed score against Israel in a friendly years ago. Also, I may be taking some liberty describing my red '98 jersey as "hopelessly outdated", but whatever. I still wear the mid-90s jersey (the one with the thick horizontal stripe) pretty frequently as well, although not to games.

5. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks people. Two guys wives are competing for our remaining ticket to Japan-USA so we will spring this quiz on them as joke, saying the winner gets the ticket!

6. NASL Fan

NASL Fan Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm deeply honored at being reposted!

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7001768&postcount=106

Rep me please!

By the way, on the other thread, we've found at least 25 possible answers to #6. The US Nats who have played in Germany are:
    [RESULT] Donovan, Reyna, Cherundolo, Keller, Mathis, Hejduk, Sanneh, Wynalda, Mason, Wagner, Berhalter, McBride, Twellman, Agoos, Joe-Max Moore, Conor Casey, Lapper, Deering, Dooley, Kirovski, Henderson, Brian Bliss, Chris Sullivan (those last two go WAY back) and Caliguiri (who was the first to make it big) [/RESULT]

And there are 8 possible answers to #10. Jovan has scored against...
    [RESULT] Jamaica (his first, back in 1994), Honduras (94), Guatemala (96), Israel (97), Germany (99), New Zealand (99 and 2003), Haiti (2000), Venezuela (03) [/RESULT]

My own answer to No. 3 is "Yes, at the LA Coliseum in 1991, when we beat Mexico at the first Gold Cup. That was the first 2-0!"

And to No. 4: "Screaming into my pillow as I watched in my hotel room in La Paz, Bolivia."

7. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Also [result]John Doyle who played for Leipzig in the early 90s[/result]

8. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    9/10

I mean really. We've beaten Mexico so many times now that I can't remember when the first time was let alone cry about it.

9. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    I was under the impression that this question required you to witness the victory in person! (in which case, I still got it.) Also, the correct answer to #4 should be "Falling down in the stands in Suwon!

10. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone else who played in Germany, for my favorite team: (highlight) Cory Gibbs