Ticket packages for 2008

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by mrecint, Sep 2, 2007.

1. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know how the clubs plan ticket packages, but I think they should have like a 'DP' pack (since people got burned on the Becks packs)

They should sell packs with teams that have Angel, Blanco, Becks, Schelotto, and Denilson plus the defending champs of 2007. This will ensure the games are pretty good quality so the people come back...

2. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. What would happen if all the DP this year got injured at the beginning of the year?

I think they should just have 5-game packs, where you get to choose which 5 games you want to go to. That way, they don't just market certain players for tickets, then they get injured, and the home team somehow gets blamed for not having that player show up. You pick the teams, while the league heavily markets at least three players per team as much as they did Beckham this year, and let the fans decide when they wanna go.

Just no "Blanco-packs" or "Beckham-packs". They'll shoot themselves in the foot again. That was dumb.

3. JayKay

JayKay New Member

Apr 22, 2003
    NJ
    We also don't know how many other teams will add DP players by next year.

4. Freddy Garcia Lives

Feb 28, 2003
    Tumwater, WA
    Schelotto- not actually a DP, signed for under or at league max.

5. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    It's called "season tickets". Any combination of full season, half season, or even a 5 game package would include at least 1-2 of these games. Probably more once more teams make DP moves this off-season.

6. mrecint

mrecint New Member

May 31, 2006
    Fishers, IN
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm liking the a la carte idea. Pick what games you want. Or just market hard for selling season tix. I just want to see the SS stadiums 3/4 or FULL!

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    You mean like the flex plans that teams like Chicago and DC (just to name 2) already have had for years?