Ticket Info Thread for WCQ: USA vs Costa Rica in Columbus

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Hamburgler03, Aug 17, 2021.

1. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Common man and tbone had the game show segment today and asked whether a section at the USA mexico game was more expensive than a consumer product (sneakers, tvs, etc.).

3. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for this.
    Quite long, but I’ll look through this when I have time.

west ham sandwich repped this.
  4. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, these have gone on sale? I have seen nothing about it yet. I want two, hopefully at face value, if anyone is getting extras to make sure they go to US fans.

stanger repped this.
  5. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I've not received any responses except from one person who said they knew someone who missed out on the lottery, I am going to try to return two of them, or whatever it is, to Ticketmaster if I can figure out how to do it. Hope they end up going to US fan because whoever gets them will be sitting next to us.

6. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    Not on sale, it's a lottery draw like Costa Rica. The application window has opened for paying US Soccer insiders, likely next week will be FCC STMs and national team supporters groups, and then everyone else after that before they do the drawing. Crew STMs won't get priority since it's not our home stadium, so you'd need to fall into one of the groups above to apply before the rest of the public.

FootyRef repped this.
  7. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    You can't turn them back in, you already bought them. You can post them for resale but you should expect to pay seller's fees to do so. I would suggest putting them on Craigslist or Facebook (the Nordecke Ticket Exchange group is usually pretty good) if you want to avoid those fees.

FootyRef repped this.
  8. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot about those seller fees, thanks for that heads-up and the other options you suggested.

9. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Reddit is another great place to sell them as well.

FootyRef repped this.
  10. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really don't know what Reddit is, but I have heard many bad things about it so I think I'll avoid that option.

Didn't there use to be a thread around these parts for tickets sales?

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FootyRef repped this.
  12. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given that the CR game is in our stadium, I think no one would object to you posting tickets for that game there.

TKyle repped this.
  14. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, folks, I have had these seats moved to ADA because I will have just had knee surgery and will not be able to sit in the regular seats. I told US Soccer that I only needed to move two of the seats, but they said it would be easier to just move all four. I know that is not necessarily fair to anyone who really needs a pair of accessible seats, but that's what US Soccer did. He said they'll probably try to sell the old seats.

With that said, I still have two extra tickets but they are now at the top of section 112, just one section south of the other seats, in cushioned chairs at a table rather than actual seats like we sit in normally. Would anyone have any interest in taking the other pair (Seats 9 & 10) off my hands, still at face value of $140 each, now that there will be more room?

upload_2021-9-22_17-49-47.png

TKyle, hardhead and chr1st repped this.
  15. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    I've had no luck selling my two extra, I'm going to end up losing money on it I think. Last time they fool me on these lotteries though. That an there is no important games for qualifiers going forward when they expand the team in the WC.

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this time US Soccer has overpriced themselves--and they will probably blame the market and the local fans and not their pricing decisions. I might have paid that for Mexico. Maybe.

17. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you all who have tickets to sell have them listed on the various resale sites? SeatGeek, StubHub, Etc?

18. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    I hadn't listed on others, need to now.

19. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My strategy when listing on those sites has been to list at 10-15% above face value and hold. If they haven't sold by the day before, drop the price to face value, or slightly lower, and they'll sell.

Salacious Bum repped this.
  20. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like a lot of us have similar problems. We just reflexively used our positions as long time purchasers of USSF tickets to put in for the maximum number of tickets to a really big game. Friends who, in the past, wanted those tickets, told us they would again. Then the price went way up, and those friends decided not this time. I hope for all our selves this sorts itself out as we get closer to October 13.

Just to put this all in perspective, the price of WCQ tickets is not out of line with other big live events. Ohio State charged $222 each for merely OK seats to the Penn State game. I paid very close to the same for tickets to Saturday's Renee Fleming concert as I did for Costa Rica. The $425 each I paid for 2020 season tickets for the Crew was a gigantic bargain, though I guess I didn't understand it at the time.

WhiteHartShame and LaMacchia repped this.
  21. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get that--but it's starting to get out of my price range. And I think that's true of a lot of folks. Look at the last tOSU game. And the prices have risen dramatically--last time PSU was in town, it was $160.

foozer repped this.
  22. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    OSU varies the price by game but don't they still charge the same for all the sections for a given game?

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not always. There are some "obstructed view" seats that have a lower price, and for the PSU game a couple of seasons ago, there were two prices levels, $160 and $180, as I recall. The former may have been associated with partial
    obstruction, as my seats were in B Deck.

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And that doesn't even include the donation required in many cases to buy season tickets. FWIW, the full season was $702. Their "Rush Package" which is a partial season including PSU was $325.

The full season hasn't changed since 2019 and changed about $1 per game since 2017.

But there's ways to get tickets (without knowing anyone) for under face value.

25. The Misanthrope

Aug 8, 2008
    Columbus Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone heard about Parking? The event is not on the Park Mobile website.