Ticket Info Thread for WCQ: USA vs Costa Rica in Columbus

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Hamburgler03, Aug 17, 2021.

1. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You da man.
    2021-09-04.png

crewfan_in_columbus repped this.
  2. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just found out I got 4 tickets as well. No tickets to download yet....but I was charged.

3. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got tickets but no email.

4. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. My usual season ticket is row 1 of section 237. Those seats will be amazing for this game. I'm a tad jealous. I got Nordecke tickets, which I am fine with for a single game like this.

5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to point out that the only reason I found that site is because you posted this link. I haven't been able to find a path to it from ticketmaster OR U.S. Soccer. If I want to look at my invoice, I have to pull up this thread and follow the link again.

6. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got four, 237 row 17. Thanks again to those who helped me figure out the application. Flying back that morning from visiting my daughter in Dallas. Sure hope Southwest doesn't delay the flight so much I miss the game. Flying used to be a very special, very expensive experience, now it's frustrating, crowded and unreliable public transportation.

Go USA!

7. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Ended up with two extra at $140 a pop. Option to sell is grayed out, hope they open that up. If anyone wants two in 132 row 7 will sell below face to you.

TKyle and hardhead repped this.
  8. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Also the tickets will not allow screenshot, must use the dynamic ticket.

9. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    Add them to the Google pay or apple wallet app. If you have notifications, it will pop up on its own before the game.

It will be nice to see the field from a different view than the nordecke. Though the view from the nordecke is better than I expected.

10. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If someone's figured out a way around this, I'm all ears, but one thing that should change is the notification needs to stay there for longer. After a while, it seems to go away, at least for me. If I leave the section in the 65th minute, it's a bit more hassle than if it notification stayed there until I was done with it.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Thanks in advance.

11. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if I am able to return the two extra tickets to Ticketmaster and, if so, how to do it? If I do not get any takers this week, I am going to be very concerned that I'll be stuck with them and I certainly do not want that. I bought them for US fans in case someone who might want them could not get them but, again, I don't want to get stuck with them if no one takes them from me.

12. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know someone on Facebook who just mentioned to me that they missed out on the lottery. I mentioned this post to her just now. Stay tuned.

FootyRef repped this.
  13. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When do tickets for the Mexico match in Cincy go on sale? I would like to try to purchase, but I don't fall in any of the first four groups and I doubt it will make it to the fifth group. I will take two, hopefully at face value as you know they'll be going to US fans, if anyone is buying extra. I would be willing to spend up to $150 apiece if that is face value.

14. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sideline non-club seat tickets to the last Mexico game five years ago in Upper Crew Stadium were $160-some dollars, and expect a big jump this time.

15. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got 4 in Nordecke!

KCbus repped this.
  16. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Option to resell is now available through the site. Event doesn't show in ticketmaster yet. I'm going to wait and see how many tickets sold before seeing how big a loss I'll have on my two tickets. I am not expecting a sellout initially, but we will see.

17. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s been mentioned before that screenshots of your ticket won’t work, but it bears repeating.

I just added them to my wallet from the US Soccer site and there is no bar code on the tix in my wallet. Instead they’re going to use Bluetooth technology, I forget what it’s called. But essentially the wireless credit card technology, near frequency transactions? NFT?
    The barcode on the ticket itself looks to be some new type of QR code almost. And it has a blue bar sliding back and forth across it. I’m curious if the ticket scanners will scan that at the gate. So pay attention to fan comments tonight in Nashville and in Austin next month to gauge effectiveness I guess.

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah. The QR code changes every few seconds, thus making screenshots inoperable.

As long as you download it to your digital wallet in advance of the game, you'll be fine.

19. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got 4 at $85 each. Allowed for up to at least $140, maybe $180, I forget.

Going to take my daughter to her first Mens game and first meaningful game (I don't count She Believes Cup). So we'll be going up to Cleveland for the Women's in a week and this game a few weeks later.

Coming up next... hopefully... USA - Mex in Cincy (though my daughter won't get to do that one)

stanger and chr1st repped this.
  20. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    General public tickets go on sale Thursday at 10AM, we will see how many tickets are available soon. Guessing there are going to be a good number available. Hoping we get a full picture of all available, but we know that doesn't always happen.

21. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are still a large att of tickets available for the Jamaica game too. it would appear that the federation is not intent on giving their guys a home field advantage.

22. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought an email about them was supposed to go out last week, but they haven't sent out anything about the lottery yet.

FootyRef repped this.
  23. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't gotten an email, but I did get my tickets in my account.

24. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    This is what I see available through another presale to the presale
    upload_2021-9-8_22-7-16.png

upload_2021-9-8_22-8-0.png

25. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got 4 together in 121 at the start of the presale. Available tickets looked pretty sparse.

Does anyone know what colors are being worn for the game? Standard Red, or are they looking at doing something different because the Ticos are solid Red.