Ticket Info Thread for WCQ: USA vs Costa Rica in Columbus

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Hamburgler03, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer Supporters Pre-Sale is open now for the weighted lottery for the US/Costa Rica game. Didn't catch the prices for all areas but Nordecke tickets will be $85.

2. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    Ticket applications for the Costa Rica match opened today for US Soccer insiders and the window runs through next Tuesday the 24th. Based on that, I'd expect emails for Crew STMs and AO/Sammers to go out in the next two weeks.

My suggestion is to read the link to instructions in the email first on how to complete the application. Then I'd recommend using a computer or tablet to apply. You will want a big screen that can display two windows without toggling. It will look like US Soccer is charging you $1 per ticket requested (max of 4), but there isn't an actual charge at the end. They'll only charge your card if your request gets fulfilled.

Towards the end, you will stack rank your preferred seating areas (lowest price is $85 for Nordecke or upper corner, endline/sideline public areas are between $95-$180, club levels $250, premium above that up to $700). This is where having two windows open will help; the seating map with sections and prices is illegibly small and you'll want to click the link to pull up a larger version in a new window. After the stack ranking, you'll then select which of those areas you do not want them to allocate/charge to your card. So for example, I put the premium options near the bottom and then clicked to opt out of being given those.

For those who want to try submitting multiple applications through different outlets, you'll need to be extremely diligent about making sure all the information listed across multiple sites and on the applications is unique to each request.

3. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    Cross posting in here:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/index.php?posts/39846463

4. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's more expensive than my tickets to game 1 of the NLDS a few years back--and I got those from a scalper. Seems like they are trying to get a crowd to their liking and make lots of money.

Chesco United and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  6. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USSF sets the prices based on what they think the traffic will bear. We'll see how accurate they are

Chesco United and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  7. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Weighted draw info for signing up for tickets for the USMNT match vs. Costa Rica in Columbus were sent out to Crew STM today. The form was incredibly cumbersome--you have to rank each of the 16 seating areas by your preference first, then opt out of the areas you'd be unwilling to purchase in the next step. But, at least they have the info. Lottery submissions are due by Aug 23 (next Monday), the draw will be held "Aug. 25-30" then notifications sent out the week of Aug. 30.

8. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only thing is I got the US Soccer Supporter one and the Crew one. I'm hoping the links automatically dictate which pool you get put into, because I definitely want pool B and not pool D.

I think I capped my tickets at the $140 tier. I'd probably go up higher for Mexico, or even if I wasn't hoping to also go to the Mexico game in Cincy a month later.

You need to be able to set it for 2 vs 4 tickets, so I can buy 4 at $115 or 2 at $250, etc.

Anyone know if qty selected effects your odds at getting tickets?

9. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    Those prices are crazy high

10. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely a very cumbersome application process! The ticket prices are approximately double the Lower.com MLS match prices.

11. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vs. season ticket prices, my usual seats are more than quintuple. So, that was right out as an option. My season ticket is $1200, $70.50/gm, same single seat for USA v Costa Rica is $400.

I went as high as the $140 seats and feel dirty about it.

Chesco United and Bill Archer repped this.
  12. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got an email today as an stm only. I dropped my USSF membership a few years back.

It informs you that you're in the draw at stage D and includes a link to an application which you can submit between Aug 18 and Aug 23 IIRC.

13. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    I had to pause on the application since Im not sure my wife wants me to apply for 4 or just 2. Those prices are crazy for this match.

kgilbert78 repped this.
  14. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    Correct, I did as well.

Crew STMs are in stage D along with AO and Sammers members, which is the biggest pile of bullshit in all of this. You're on equal footing with people that paid $30 a year to join those organizations. It also hurts the Crew since no longer having priority over those groups makes a STM less valuable and harder to pitch to prospective buyers.

USSF members are in stages A-C depending on how much money you pay, so they also have a higher likelihood of getting selected than do Crew STMs. Your application as a USSF member is basically getting two to four cracks at being selected versus a single draw for Crew STMs.

Salacious Bum, Bill Archer and DRWCrew repped this.
  15. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tried to do the draw application. Getting an error around checkout. Maybe the page is down? Who knows, using Chrome which is one of the recommended browsers.

16. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or, in my case, perhaps zero. Though she enjoyed the last one.

17. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I signed up for the U.S. Soccer Insider thing, and I haven't seen anything in my mailbox yet.

18. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone suggested this should have its own thread.

Good idea.

I'll be moving posts from other threads into this one for a consolidation of info.

19. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have any info on Cincy/Mexico tickets? I’m a Sammers member and haven’t seen anything.

20. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    When did you sign up? You needed to be signed up by 7/26.

Hamburgler03 repped this.
  21. ColumbusFTW

ColumbusFTW Member+

Jul 18, 2018
    Not released yet. They will probably start the application process for that one next month after Costa Rica has been allocated.

stanger repped this.
  22. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had issues doing the weighted draw for CR vs US game. Browser funkiness, tried multiple browsers, etc. Did it from my phone and it worked fine. It didn't seem to like Firefox or Chrome from my work laptop, maybe too locked down.

23. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    worked fine for me on Firefox on my laptop *shrug*

24. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on when you signed up. If it was after roughly mid-July (when they announced these games), you aren't eligible for purchasing tickets for the games this year.

25. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't remember the exact date I signed up, but it was pretty soon to when they announced Austin and Cincinnati, so I think it was before the "due date."

There's actually no way to look at your profile on the site and see the join date, so...