Ticket Availability on Matchday - Stadium, Ticket Center etc.

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by KHAM, Jun 11, 2014.

1. KHAM

KHAM New Member

May 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Please write down your expierence on ticket availability on Matchday. Sure here are a lot of guys around, including myself, who are hoping to get a last minute ticket.

Much appreciated!

May the best team win

2. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Great thread idea! I'm hoping to do this for a group game in Rio in a couple of weeks.

Price paid and also the "minutes to kickoff" would be very interesting. Eg. $100, 5 mins before kickoff.

3. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    I went to the Australia v Chile match in Cuiabá on Friday and I met lots of fans looking to sell spare tickets as friends had had their flights cancelled or changed plans etc. I saw one Brazilian guy walking around with 3 tickets all still connected but if you go to the bars before the match and ask around you will definitely find one for the group matches at least.

Would be good to hear people's experiences from other cities.

4. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA
    Manaus you have no chance to sell spares. The barriers are about 1Km out and they check tickets at each barrier along the way. I had two to spare and found no one for Italy England. It seemed at least 1/4 of the stadium was empty.

5. julitoco

julitoco Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    How was it today in Rio? High demand for this game, did you see any tout selling near the stadium?

6. lovelycindies

lovelycindies New Member

Jun 16, 2014
    Hi All :) I'm also very interested in the ticket availability in Rio! I'm a newbie to this and was wondering - would in front of the stadium be the best place to try to buy tickets at the last minute? Copacabana?

TIA!

7. Baires-Rio

Baires-Rio Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I saw many of them but the prices were really high. The Argentinians were paying US$800+ for a ticket (any cat). You guys are crazy!

8. KHAM

KHAM New Member

May 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Has anyone tried buying tickets the day before/morning on match day from ticket center?

9. tradersam

tradersam New Member

May 29, 2014
    England v Uruguay game today in Sao Paolo.
    Many people looking for tickets (including me ).
    I heard the prices quoted an hour before game time were $800 to $1,000.

Not wiling to pay over $300 so
    I took the metro back and watched the game at Bar Brahma.

Also, easy to see buyers holding signs, but hard to see the sellers/touts.

10. starbuk

starbuk Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Thanks everyone for posting - please continue to share your experiences as it helps us all trying to plan our trips. Cheers

11. Frank_Berns

Frank_Berns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Ive been to a couple matches (italy-england and germany-salvador) and havent seen one scalper. Im not looking, but still... theyre not at the typical spots. As someone said... Manaus is a different beast with that 1KM fenced off perimeter.

12. starbuk

starbuk Member

Mar 31, 2014
    May be true for manaus but the Germany game in Salvador should have had some people selling tickets... Not good news for people hoping to buy last minute.

13. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It really seems to vary. Natal Salvador Brasilia Recife seem to have loads of spare tickets. I have heard rio is really tough. There are touts if you look. Avoid the South American teams if you need tickets.

starbuk repped this.
  14. Luiz Henrique

Luiz Henrique New Member

15. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Did anyone see any people selling tickets for Spain v Chile outside the Maracanã on Friday?

16. thunder83

thunder83 Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Spain chile were selling for 800usd

17. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Thanks mate.

18. Andres Goldberg

Andres Goldberg New Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Club:
    Atlanta
    i am interested in tickets for match #60 quarter final in brasilia and semi final in sao paulo

thanks

19. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Two games at Maracana, one in Manaus and one in São Paulo. Not seen a single seller. Was asked by an England fan in SP if I needed tickets. Ignored him. Lots of people in SP looking for tickets, didn't see anybody in Manaus looking. At Maracana plenty of Argentinians & Chileans looking for tickets, never saw any sales. Also two sets of ticket checks before you could get near the ground, so don't know where best place to find sellers would be.

20. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Where would be the best place at Maracanã to buy tickets off fans outside the barriers? Which street/location? Thanks.

21. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    For anyone looking to buy tickets from outside the Maracanã for the remaining matches my advice is don't even bother.

I went to the Maracanã metro station 3 hours before the France v Ecuador match on Wednesday night and the cheapest I got offered was R$1000. One guy was trying to sell wheelchair tickets for a similar price!

I was inside the station between the platform and the turnstiles and there appeared to be about 4 or 5 others doing the same. Closer to kickoff though, I went outside the station and realised there were about 100 people trying their luck. And don't make a sign as police/security will just rip it out of your hands and throw it in the bin. I assume it's only going to get more difficult now the group stage is over.

starbuk repped this.
  22. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    For France Ecuador I got approached my MANY people by just randomly walking down Copacabana. I wasn't holding a sign or anything, just wearing a flag. Most wanted around 700 USD. Found one guy offering a few tickets for 450 USD each and then talked him down to 300.

23. warrenbuffet

warrenbuffet Member

Apr 29, 2014
    I only saw one tout at Maracana who approached a guy with a 'Tickets Wanted' sign inside the metro station.

Echoing what others here have said, there is almost no point in going to stadiums without tickets in hand.

24. falsenine

falsenine New Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Very interested to know if anyone bought any tickets in the perimeter outside stadium and how much they were selling for? Did anyone try their luck?

25. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'd be interested too. Will provide feedback on an Irish friend with no ticket for yesterday. He is normally the master at getting them but haven't heard yet how he got on.

In my experience it depended on the venue

Natal - no problems and below face value
    Fortaleza - didn't see anyone looking 1 or 2 trying to sell/swop but tough venue
    Salvador no problems and well below face value
    Recife - loads of tickets at the stadium face value dearer at the train station
    Manaus - didn't see any sellers or anyone looking
    Brasilia - loads of seller asking half face value
    Rio - very tough few sellers 2 Irish guys paid $500 each for Ecuador v France. I know a guy who paid almost double that for Spain v Chile.
    Sao Paulo - didn't see any sellers or anyone looking. would have been tough i imagine.
    Belo Horizonte - didn't see any sellers high security frequent ticket checks.

In general the police took a dim view of touting outside of the north east. It seemed easier to buy/sell there although some guys were arrested and held at Japan v Greece in Natal.