Ticket Advice Wanted

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Kenp, Dec 31, 2004.

1. mobetoblame

mobetoblame New Member

May 23, 2005
    Has anyone any experience with My Ticket Market.com (www.soldouteventtickets.com/)? I'm contemplating a visit to Highbury before the Gunners move into Emirates. I also understand that Ticket scalping is illegal in the UK; however, this marketplace appears to be legitimate.

2. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Talk to RickB in the Arsenal Forum.

3. UFBeezy

UFBeezy New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Florida
    Trip being planned... need advice

Hello everyone, I read some of this entire thread and the info you've provided has been extremely helpful. I am planning a trip to the London area during my summer break in August before school starts back up, and I'm very interested in seeing my first live soccer match. However, I still do have a couple questions.

1. When will the 2006-2007 Premiership fixtures be announced? I understand it won't be any time soon, but if anyone has a general idea of when they come out it'd be helpful. I am trying to know when the Premiership schedule starts so that I can make sure to see a game before returning to school (which is the end of August).

2. On that same note, does the Premiership always start in early August or does it change around some? From what I can gather, I should be able to take in 2 matches since I am assuming at least one of the 6 London area clubs are home in any given matchday.

I am fairly unparticular about who I see play, though I would like to catch a game at Arsenal and/or Chelsea more than the others (fixtures permitting, of course). I'm going to assume those 2 are the toughest tickets, with Tottenham 3rd and the other 3 relatively hassle free. I have read to contact RickB on the Arsenal board and will be doing so in the near future. My other question though is does anyone know if Chelsea consistantly sells out even against bad teams? I am assuming they do because of their recent success, but if anyone on here goes to the games or can provide insight on how difficult their tickets are to get it would be appreciated.

I am new to this whole soccer thing, so thank you for bearing with me as I'm sure these are pretty basic and stupid questions.

4. mother_goose

mother_goose Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Philippines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Re: Trip being planned... need advice

Hey Beezy. For Chelsea matches against the less popular teams, tickets often go on sale to the general public. Just keep checking the ticket sales on the club website.

5. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    They are a tout agency. They are selling tickets illegally for the games. Don't use them. An example is the recent game Arsenal v Portsmouth. 200 tickets went "missing" from a Royal Mail depot. They got sold to these agencies and other street touts/scalpers. Arsenal provided duplicates to the proper owners and the people with the stolen tickets who had paid hundreds for the tickets were thrown out of the stadium. It's not worth the risk.

6. Devilish Red

Devilish Red New Member

May 23, 2004
    Re: Trip being planned... need advice

1) The fixture list will be out usually in July. I doubt they'll annouce fixtures during the WC so perhaps a week or two after the final. Check the Premier Leagues' website.
    It always starts in mid-August unless plans are afoot to give the players an extra week-off. But I doubt that.
    2) If you're set on seeing a London team then I'd forget about Arsenal or Chelsea unless you're prepared to go through a tout. Touts/scalpers are not illegal as far as I remember. I've certainly bought tickets that way but be aware these people have a few hours a week to make money and they like to, ahem....maximise their profits.
    Spurs might be easier but they usually sell out as well. You could try Fulham.

You might do better at Reading. They'll almost certainly be promoted as champions this season and trains leave from London Paddington every 10 minutes or so. It's a short, half hour journey. I'm not sure how to get to the Majdeski Stadium from the train station but I'm sure they'll be instructions on their website. It's a nice stadium. I went there for their second game after it opened.

Of couse it partially depends on who the teams are playing. I appreciate you'd love to see Chelsea v Man U if it crops up in the first week but being realitic Reading v West Brom would be a lot easier to get tickets for.

7. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Big_Bad_Mcnabb New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Not sure about the London clubs although im sure they might do it aswell but have you thought about dial a seat?

8. anagunner

anagunner New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    Anyone know how to get tickets

Hello everyone

Just seeing if anyone can give me any information on how to get a hold of some Arsenal tickets when they play Charlton in March. My fiance and I have booked a trip in March to fly from Denver, Colorado to London to go see the Mighty Gunners. It will be our first time in Europe and everywhere we look for tickets the prices are outrageous!:eek: I know what it is like because people in america try and do the same thing to make an extra dollar. We are just hoping someone can lead us into the right direction. If anyone can help that would be great. :D

9. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Re: Anyone know how to get tickets

Talk to Rick B in the Arsenal forum. Ticket prices are still outrageous, but the seats are superb.

10. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005
    Shame about the atmosphere in the Highbury Libary tho.;) :D

BTW just how much are you being quoted for tickets by the way, either for Arsenal of for you sarabella Everton?

11. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I paid £90 for two tickets in the Clock End at Highbury in September (Arsenal v. Everton).

12. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    Against the smaller team, Chavski seem to regularly have their 60-pound tickets go on general sale.

13. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    All tickets through me are face value. Generally the only tickets I get are at £44.50. I get allocated a certain amount of tickets, I can't choose which price range unfortunatly.

14. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005
    Upper Wing Blocks £44.50
    Lower Centre Block £44.50

are those the seats that you get the tickets for?

15. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

The North Lower Centre Blocks. Usually around Row N.

16. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005
    Dont worry Sara the most youll pay for a ticket when you come to see Everton will be 36 pound. Although add on my handling fee your looking at about 50 or so.

;)

17. drjamesincandenza

drjamesincandenza New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Long Beach
    Does anyone have a sense of what the chances of getting tickets at the box office for the Chelsea vs Everton match on the 17th of April might be? I understand that for some of the lesser teams one can get tickets, but it's unclear to me if Everton qualify. My son and I are going to London that weekend with the express intent of hitting as many football matches as possible. I'm trying to figure out whether I should get tickets in advance for Charlton that same day or take my chances with Chelsea. Any pointers would be most helpful. Cheers,

james

18. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005
    Lesser team uh, i might of helped but no im just offended ;) . I would say just check on their website, they should list the dates that tickets go on sale, i doubt they would have those dates for the Everton match but when they do just try and phone then or if possible use e-ticketing.

19. RotoBW1

RotoBW1 New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    I'm heading to London March 8th-13th... I'm figuring Arsenal v. Liverpool and Chelsea v. Tottenham tickets will both be too tough to come across (though if anyone has any info please let me know!), however, tickets for Charlton v. Middlesbrough looks promising

Some questions about buying tickets
    1) are there any problems with buying tickets from America through Charlton's website? tickets are picked up at the stadium on the day of the match, correct?

2) which section is the best to sit in? the choices are West Lower, West Upper and East

if you could either respond here or email me at rotobw1@yahoo.com i'd be greatly appreciative. thanks in advance

20. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005
    all honesty mate register on one of the official Charlton websites and ask them what stand to sit in, they should be able to help.

21. Big_Bad_Mcnabb

Sep 25, 2005
  22. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

you could try http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/ . Depending on the ground, the have pictures from the stands and you might be able to see what you will see.

23. ManCityMD

ManCityMD New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Edgewater, MD
    Hi All, My family and I will be going to England for summer vacation August 11-23. I've really gotten into the Premiership in the last year, after finding fox soccer channel on my new cable. Well anyway, i've read that the season begins the 19th and seeing as how this may be one of my few chances to visit the UK i'd really like to catch a game. I'd prefer City but I'd love to go to any premiership match. I know this is opening day so to make a long story short, is ticket availability going to be scarce for just the big clubs or for everyone? And also on opening weekend are all the games usually on Saturday or will there be some matches on sunday most likely because I think my father would prefer a Sunday match based on his plans. Thanks for any responses.

24. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

It usually depends on who the opposition is, the fixtures do not come out till latter this month, on the 23rd then you will be able to see if City are at home or away. Untill you know what the game is and the venue it is hard to speculate.

http://www.premierleague.com/ will have the fixtures on the 23rd.

last year city averaged 89.2% of capacity at home games

http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/attend.html

25. ManCityMD

ManCityMD New Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Edgewater, MD
    Ok, so after looking at the schedule, I figure my best shot to view a game would be 8/22 in the London area.

Any perspective on the availability of tickets for these three games and which one would be most fun?

Tottenham/Sheff Utd
    Charlton/Man U
    Watford/West Ham

Also, if tickets for Premiership ties would be hard to come by, anyone know how hard it is to get tickets for Football League Championship games and is the quality of the games/atmosphere worth going to?