Ticket Advice Wanted

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Kenp, Dec 31, 2004.

1. T308

T308 Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Southern California
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Re: Tickets for Man Utd vs Chelsea

Good luck! You can always play "ticket roulette" and go to the match and wait for the kickoff and try to get a bargain from the touts. It's risky, but sometimes it works (it got me into two Super Bowls at the last minute). Actually 300 is slighty cheaper than I thought it would be. I saw prices much higher for the reverse fixture earlier this year.

Again, good luck!

2. Marcusofplymouth

Feb 15, 2005
    Janner town

Now that is passion! I commend you my son! What are your favourites?

3. mymaster

mymaster New Member

May 16, 2005
    sorry nsr, but how do I post up images??????

4. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    You use html image tags. For example, you find a photo on the internet (must end in .jpg, .gif, or something similar) and copy the URL. Then, when you post on BS, surround it with these tags: [​IMG]

When you leave out the spaces, it will insert the picture instead of an address.

5. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    i got my new season ticket today and just out of curiousity when did other clubs have there season ticket deadlines and when did your tickets arrive?

6. MPL23

MPL23 New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    USA
    Ticket Advice

Hey all, I'm going to be spending a few months in London next spring and was wondering the best way to see some live football. I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me regarding how to get tickets. It'd be great to catch a game at Highbury but I'm also interested in seeing matches all around London (Charlton, Fulham, etc.).

How early can I book them?
    Do I need to have a specific clubs membership to have a prayer of getting tickets?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

7. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Re: Ticket Advice

Have a look at the ticket info thread at the the top of the section..if you want to see certain clubs people in the club section will be happy to help..

Hope this has been helpful..

:D :D

8. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is just a suggestion, heck, I don't know if it's possible or not. After reading posts over the past couple of years, it appears that team supporters (members) get priority in ticketing. If I were in your shoes, I'd look in to joining a club as a member. It may cost you some money, but you might find it easier to get tickets, especially if you want to go to games often.

9. WLDBIL6

WLDBIL6 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Ireland
    Anyone know of any good friendlies going on in the London area weekend after next (July 23)?

10. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

In england the club members are season ticket holders..in most clubs the season ticket holders get priorty for all tickets...so talking to season ticket holders on here will be your best bet..avoid like the plague e-bay and other auction sites because all you will get is ripped off

11. MPL23

MPL23 New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    USA

Ok! appreciate you're help!

12. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL

You can just show up on match day and buy off a tout, it will cost ya though.

In the case of Tottenham most matches go on general sale three weeks before match day.

The point about becoming a member is a good one. Most teams are not sold out with just season ticket holders, so they have a thing called member's, basically you get a book with ticket vouchers, the price of the game tickets are reduced and you get to buy them usually a day before they go on general sale. The bonus of being a member is in cases of away games or large Cup games like a semi or final, you actually have a chance to get a ticket.

13. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

Do spurs have a supporters club that is different to season ticket holders...they don't have anything like that at newcastle

14. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    AFC Wimbledon - FC United at Kingstonian

15. The_Moose

The_Moose New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Ottawa,ON. Canada
    I am travelling to England and would love to see a game on the 5th of November, 2005.

Anyone know where or how I can get some decently priced tickets?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Cheers.

Moose

16. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Where abouts in England?

17. The_Moose

The_Moose New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Ottawa,ON. Canada
    Im in London from the 4th to the 6th of November...

I am an Arsenal fan but would love to see any game.... how much should I expect to pay for tickets?

Cheers.

Moose

18. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out the Soccernet site. It has good access to the fixtures list. Chelski and Highbury are places you may need to pay a scalper for tickets. West Ham or Fulham would be places you might could get in for the staed price of from 20-35 pounds. You could also look at any of the Championship sides playing on those days.

By the way, that's Guy Fawkes Day.

19. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you didn't click this link from another post, do so. It will helpt you determine who you can see from a location standpoint.

http://footballclubs.dyndns.org/

20. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Arsenal play Sunderland on the 5th, that's not really going to be what you'd call a "game" though, is it? A mere formality. There must be better matches on (and in most cases, more chance of tickets too.)

21. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

just stumbled upon this two-month-old question, and since it doesn't appear to have been answered ...

yes. for somewhere in the neighborhood of 30, or so, quid, you can become a member at THFC. what does that membership get you, you ask? well, for starters, you'll have your very own membership card with your membership identification number (it won't impress the ladies as much as you'd think). you'll also receive a couple of trinkets that, i believe, vary from year to year. this year's gifts were a little metal clock with the club logo (kinda nice) and a little plastic radio with same logo (kinda crap). but without question, the best thing that a THFC membership will get you is greater access to tickets. tickets go onsale to members ten days prior to the general public. as such, acquiring prime seats, or any ticket to a big match (like the north london derby), goes from being almost entirely impossible to being virtually no problem.

while there may be some additional lesser benefits, it is for that reason alone that i am a member. planning an affordable trip from the states usually requires getting airline tickets prior to match tickets going on sale. in the past, i've always had to plan trips to coincide with matches against smaller clubs to insure that they weren't sold out before going on sale to non-members. this year, i've no such problem - and a little plastic radio. and, oh yes, i also have the satisfaction of knowing that i'm contributing just a little bit more to the wages of pedro mendez.

22. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Pook it's been along time since I was a member, the tickets cost less still right from the general sale. Bit embarressed about giving false info as to when they go on sale. I had it a day before, rather than 10 :eek:

When are you goin over? are you an ex pat?

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    y'know, i'm not positive, but i don't think so. i don't think members get a discount on tickets - just significantly greater access. the club's gonna take every dime from me it can get, i suppose. we do, however, get a discount on merchandise from the store. thanks, fellas. actually, i suppose i should be greatful for that, as i invariably end up having to buy scarves, hats, or whatever for friends/fans back here at home. just part of the price of going to the lane, i guess. but i gotta tell ya, nothing makes you feel like a bigger tool than walking out of the store with a big bag of 'merchandise'.

not an ex-pat. just an old anglophile, going back to my triumph- and MG-driving/racing days, long since past.

the only (spurs) match i'm certain of right now is west ham on 20 november. might get back in the spring, though, too, if fate will be kind enough to line up cheap airfare, and league and cup matches within a few days of each other.

24. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting tickets... (For Spurs and West Ham supporters)

I need some advice.

I will be in London on March 4th and I want to check out a Premiership game. My two options are Spurs vs. Blackburn or West Ham United vs. Everton. It seems that Tottenham sells out every week, since they were indeed full for the freakin SUNDERLAND game. I would like to know what the chance is that tickets will still be available on the general onsale date February 19th.

West Ham supporters, I pose the same question to you.

My second choices are QPR and Crystal Palace...if I can't get into White Hart Lane or the Boleyn Ground :)

Thanks!

25. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Re: Getting tickets... (For Spurs and West Ham supporters)

according to the spurs website, tickets will go onsale to non-members on february 16th. i would guess (unless we're in an even better position come feb than we're in now) that there will still be some tickets available at that time. i'd also wager that if one were to wait until the 19th, there will not be.

if you are going with someone else, getting two seats together may prove difficult. these days, it's usually just a smattering of singles that are still available after 10 days of sales to members - and none at all for the bigger matches.

go to spurs.co.uk beginning on feb 6th (the date tickets go onsale to members), and you'll be able to monitor what's available leading up to the 16th. assuming there are some left, once the 16th rolls around, don't delay. get up early, go to the website, and buy. unless our form drops considerably, they won't stay around too long.