Thursday September 12th, Tab Ramos' final home game (mostly)

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by jamison, Sep 6, 2002.

1. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Regular season, anyway (assuming we make the playoffs). Plus, since we don't even know where our home playoff game(s) would be, calling them "home" games might be a misnomer.

So, adios to Tabare. He's actually healthy enough to get some playing time, though he likely won't start.

Any thoughts?

2. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Judging by the fact that it's taken anyone 5 days to respond to your post, apparently not. ;) Metro's sent out an e-mail today promoting Tab's last game at GS, but I don't think anyone cares.

Today's Ledger quotes Chris Brienza, one of the MFO guys, saying there will be a video tribute prior to the start of the DC match.

Judging by the amount of injuries and the number of games Tab has missed, I'm estimating this should take about, oh, 25 seconds.

As far as retirement gifts? Seems like a wheelchair, crutches and a first aid kit would be welcomed by Tab.

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1031649037175723.xml

3. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    Actually it says Tab asked them not to do a tribute and hold it till next year. Sept 11th Tribute will go on prior to the match.

4. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The doctors that treated Tab over the last 7 years did a pretty bad job. Tab's contribution was statistically insignificant. Either he was faking injury or he had poor medical attention. I tend to believe it was the latter. Maybe they are sending Balboa to the same doctor?

5. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    a video tribute of Tab from his 7 years with the tam...wow, finally, something shorter than the "MLS Goalazo" video they gave out last season...

6. Good riddance. He should hand back the 2 million he took in pay from the metros the last 7 years. He had the best gig in America.