Three Stars PLUS One: The Ajax Stretch Run Begins! [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anita getting some recognition on tv:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ec_rs_YbqE&feature=g-all-u&context=G2ee80c5FAAAAAAAACAA"]Piero: Anita is een hele goede controlerende middenvelder' - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS_zBrcxSaE&feature=relmfu"]Piero: 'Anita is de echte breker op het middenveld' - YouTube[/ame]

Anita in Oranje! Yeah, I'm an opportunist like that.

2. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Will Frank bench Janssen? Lets hope so.

3. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, let's not get our hopes up.

4. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Hi all,

The formerly named PsychedelicCeltic here. Changed my name since it's more dated than a pair of JNCO jeans and I don't even like Celtic anyway.

Most of the neutrals at the ground were of the belief Ajax were a better side. I think every player Ajax played looked like a real footballer, while Inter had some dodgy players you just know aren't going to make it. Their midfielder Joseph Duncan is like a comedy stereotype of the big, muscled African player who has no actual skills but just throws his weight around. I'll bet everybody here a thousand quid he never plays a first team game for Inter. Their goalkeeper was crap as well, though Mickey van der Hart wasn't that much better.

I don't know if anybody saw the ending but one of Inter's defenders got sent off for basically flipping off the ref at the end of the game. Prat. Ajax's players, who were gutted, just calmly shook the hands of the officials. Considering most of Ajax's players will see first-team football for Ajax (if they haven't already in de Sa and Klaassen's cases) while Inter has a horrible record of bringing through their youth, you could leave the ground a bit smug even though Ajax had lost!

Loads of Italians there, only a few Ajax fans. I suspect the PSV game was holding the Ajax turnout down as Dutch people in England were probably skipping the final to watch the game. A few F-siders made it over, which was funny. Nice guys though.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thanks for the summary. I watched the match on the Internet but missed the shootout as they cut away for the senior match against PSV. I was not impressed at all with Inter and thought that they played cynical football with lots of chippy fouls on Ajax players. They complained about every single call that went against them and I wasn't surprised to see a player sent off (though I don't think the high boot was worth a Red card since the player was stumbling; maybe it was dissent that got him off the pitch). the only Inter goal was a fluke, resulting from a defensive screw up; otherwise they created nothing.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good column and of course he's right about youth systems in general. The key is to develop young players who can play first team senior football (preferably at Ajax) and not win trophies at the junior level. I did get a chance to see both yesterday's, the Liverpool and Barca matches and there are some good players on the A-1 team. However, I was not too impressed with Rits who has been rated highly. The back four were particularly good in the matches. Klassen and da Sa have already played first team football and Fischer is quite talented.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rits has been disappointing for a very long time. He really needs to step it up a notch.

Like I've said before the real talents in this team are Denswil and Fischer. Still a lot of others with Eredivisie potential though.

11. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Fischer and Klaassen didn't get much service yesterday but on the rare occasions when they got the ball you were impressed.

Edit: I thought Denswil was the best player on the pitch, and very dangerous in dead ball situations.

12. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  13. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  14. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  15. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Was watching Setanta Ireland, and the cameras may very well have shown you briefly!
    They showed one bespectacled chap with faded jersey and immediately thought of a particular psychedelia Celt lol

the match reminded me completely of Euro 2000 semis between Oranje & Italia, with the same prelude (Oranje won 6-1 vs Yugoslavia). Anticipation was high because of the previous big result, but when came to playing against the Italians, they really couldn't get the job done.

It was one of those difficult matchs to watch. Ajax's technical superiority got them as far as the goal area, but couldn't breakdown the compact Inter defense. The ball went to De Sa a lot, but each time he had the ball he had to face at least 2-3 Inter defenders, which resulted in him losing possession wvery time.Frustrating.

And in extra time, the 10-man Inter finally opened the game up and actually hit the post twice? I think.

In addition to Fischer & Ddnswil, I was also particularly impressed with Veltman, whose runs up the middle reminded me a lot of Vertinghen. And I really felt bad for him, for he missed from the penalty spot.

Yes I saw that Incident with the refferee at the end of extra time. Didyou alsoknow that according to the announcers, the president of Inter was at the stands watching? Seriously, what the heck must've gone on in his mind to see the game displayed by his so called youth development squad, as compaed to ours.

Well, they have the trophy. And I'd like tothink that the only for such a side like Inter's U19 to beat our A1 is to deploy such dirty tactics and heavy fouls, just to win on penalties.

It proves nothing; therefore, the final was completely meaningless as far as development goes.

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, Moratti was at the match and the showed him on several occasions. He probably felt that this team had a better chance of winning than his senior team would have since they were playing away at Juventus. Of course he was right since his top team is really bad and I don't understand how Ranieri stays in this game as a manager of any "top flight" football team as they lost 2-0.

EDIT: ROFL, I just saw that Inter sacked Ranieri.

17. SmokingdePijp

SmokingdePijp Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    He's not the manager anymore...guess who is? The Primavera coach!

Funny, eh?

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Double ROFL! I just posted an edit to my post but didn't see who they had appointed as the interim manager. Perhaps this will all hatched out following the Ajax/Inter match yesterday.

19. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Yeps he scored a goal and had an assist. The reserves league is a strange one when oldies like Ooijer are regulars there lol.

Ajax has the best goal difference with +31 followed by Twente +27, PSV +19 and Heracles +12. At the bottom we see ADO, Sparta and NEC with -30, -33 and -34 ouch!

20. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    [​IMG]

Vermaelen looks so young there and whoa do I miss that kit.

21. sonicdream

sonicdream Member

Sep 27, 2002
    West of Suez canal
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    "Youth team coach Andrea Stramaccioni will take charge of the Nerazzurri.
    Stramaccioni led Inter's youth side to a win over Ajax in the NextGen Series final on Sunday."

Jeez - is this a step-up, in the eyes of Inter's board?? Hey whatever tickles your fancy Inter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17519171

22. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    wow, imagine if we still had that squad today

23. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    world beaters.

24. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Schedule for the Ajax AEGON Future Cup, it's U17 so the B1 team will play this tournament

25. echo201

echo201 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    I agree with Orang14