Thread to BASH the players or the coach or the medical staff

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Blue-San, Jun 22, 2013.

1. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At least you guys get a press / media / FA that questions a manager's questionable choices

We've been stuck with a manager who has a fetish for a 34 yr old striker who 1). misses sitters 2). doesn't even move (literally he walks the whole game) and 3). plays every game though he plays worse than an amateur teenager and a shitty defender who's slow as molasses and makes mistakes regularly in the QATAR LEAGUE. I could go on forever about how idiotic this guy is but.. ofc i won't here
    Before that we had a manager who would play only young players hilariously out of position for two years

And way too often the FA and the media were like hurr durr nothing's wrong

Speaking of which you guys shouldn't be too sad about crashing out of the CC, that Italy game was outstanding. Represented Asia well. Major props.

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  2. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    @jinseokyang, Damn, I didn't know things were that bad in ROK. that striker, is it Park Chu-Young? and who is that Defender? btw, isn't your coach the Interim coach? is he gone or still there?

Zac also seem to be in love with Maeda, our 30+ year-old Striker who is just the same as yours. The backup, Havenaar, isn't any better. Sure he's tries to get involved and get players in the box, but alone, when you think his height would make a different, he's deadly marked and just runs around.
    His best game for Japan was probably the Tajikistan match which he scored 2 goals, opened the scoring in 1st half, then in the 2nd.
    He scored 4 total for Japan, one in UAE and another against Canada in march 2013, but it was a forgettable matches.
    Maeda, I don't even remember the last time he scored, it was probably in 2012, but I can't remember.

Japan's best striker is Okazaki, who's bad as target man up front, but better than good in the RMF.
    Honda and Kagawa need no introduction, while back-up Inui and Kiyo barely get playing time.

Japan and Zac love for Endo is justified, since though he is past his prime, it his experience and being the best homegrown players for many years in the J.League, that is hard to ignore.
    Also, it seems the CM really doesn't do better than Endo. they seriously need more game time, not just in critical matches, so it's another negative for Zac there.

We got quality Side backs, with Nagatomo and Uchida, while there's hope in Gotoku and Hiroki Sakai (not related).

Center Backs, that's the main issue here in CC 2013.

3. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    I never like to bash players or being harshly critical.
    And if i have to critic someone i prefer to speak game after game,not founding my judgement on supposed general trends.
    Yet sometimes i found many critics and player's judgement based purely on the general perception many have about certain players rather than others.
    For example: Uchida.
    He plays in bundesliga,at 25 he's still young,have good qualities for sure. But in 3 games at CC he was regularly the worst in our defense (with Yoshida).Shaky in defensive plays,unconvincing and inaccurate in offense. Well,I didn't read no-one pointing out this fact. It's like that his professional status could cover in the eye of the general public his bad performances.
    Now,saying this,i don't want to bash Uchida, i took him by example to clarify a point that seems snubbed here and in general opinion.
    I could say about Yoshida-Konno - We all saw their performances in this CC and can judge their errors and good works. I challenge anyone to say that Konno played worst than Maya-But invariably we would read here how Konno is bad,a liability,JNT needs a good CB to pair with Yoshida...

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maeda plays in Qatar? Doesn't even move? Is 34 yr? Wow :confused:
    I don't like Maeda one bit but that's a bit harsh. It's not like he doesn't try and he hasn't been always shit for the NT. Overall your post seems fair.
    Pjdawa: I thought Uchida was decent against Brazil, but I don't remember against Italy actually. He was benched though so I guess he wasn't at his top - surely there were also fitness reasons.

5. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uchida had an ungrateful CC, as with his OG (vs Italy) and his PK (vs Mexico) he was in both cases at the end of the line. Remember also that Neymar despite his wonder goal was contained by him throughout the match. I found Ucchi at least had a sense to when he can push forward (in effect he stayed back most of the time) while Nagatomo and HSakai seem to just go forward when they want to - both leaving their defense duties to our CMFs - losing the ball upfront countless times (Nagatomo), or providing crosses that hit the opponent (HSakai). Actually, no forward run by our WBs created a goal and that should be food for thought for a NT which prides itself for its wealth of talent in that position.

Nagatomo anyway was the most disappointing player for me. He maybe can still run but he always seems to need switching to his right leg for his final pass/cross/shoot, losing the seconds he gained before. It may have to do with his earlier injury but still... it felt like repeatedly watching a clip playing at 1.5 x speed and dropping to 0.5 x when it starts to count.

6. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    http://polls.dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/

[​IMG]

Vote! For those who don't know Japanese the three answers to the question 'Should Zaccheroni be sacked?' are simply yes, no and 'I don't know'.

GunnerTNB and Dax repped this.
  7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    hahaha, "わからない" made me laugh for some reason.
    Well Bigsoccer ain't Japan, I guess.

edit: " 最後にハーフナーを出すのを
    やめて欲しい、それ以外は、完璧! "

hahahaha (he's right XD )

8. Pjdawa

Pjdawa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    I agree that against Brazil he did decently covering his spot (albeit never passing the midfield line),but against Italy he suffered too much,and so in the second half against Mexico.And never convinced in his offensive ventures.
    Still my point wasn't that of bashing Uchida,and i was too categoric saying he was the worst. My bad,but it was intended to point out the fact that i'm a bit tired to read around "simple theories" about usual scapegoats.
    Be sure that if the overall mediocre performance given by Hiroki and Uchida against Mexico had been accomplished by Komano we would see people with torches and pitchforks...but,nope,there was Hiroki and Uchida,so people can keep talking freely about how easily JNT could win the WC with a new CM and replacing Maeda and Konno...

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    well Tulio said recently that he's ready when Zac wants to be back and be our savior. He's been quality for Nagoya this year too so why not

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    lol

Dax repped this.
  11. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

I find it somewhat racist when people complain about Mike if he comes on and doesn't do anything for 5 minutes, meanwhile saying nothing about Maeda who is invisible for 85 minutes.

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Who knows, maybe people don't think he "did nothing" - not that it means he did enough
    Also I'm not sure what racism has to do with this... and it's not like Havenaar played 5 minutes for the NT

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah you could say that if Havenaar had clearly the better abilities while being a comparable type of player to Maeda, and if there was derogatory references about the ethnicity while also bashing Zac for being non-Japanese.

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I'm not going to take part in this circus of a thread but I smiled when I saw its name. If you wanna bash the medical staff despite being a complete outsider (and thus knowing nothing of what is going on), you're really dumb.

ConcernedK repped this.
  15. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    not sure if serious...

AKITOD repped this.
  16. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

this thread isn't just for bashing medical staff. what did you read only the last part of the title? :D

17. Godzillaradio

Godzillaradio Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think I've read anyone bash the medical staff yet anyway?

Not gonna bother to read back.

18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I bash the OT.

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    where did I say "just for the medical staff".

20. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I just wanted you to take part in the thread. Success! :thumbsup:

21. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    That's a terrible thing to want. Most of us want the opposite.

rougou repped this.
  22. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The striker was Lee Dong Gook, who is being bashed almost as bad as our interim coach, who finally left (Hallelujah)! Defender was Kwak Tae Hwi. Yeah things got bad to the point where we've clearly regressed and just barely qualified. Absolutely embarrassing.

If I were Zac I would try experimenting with an AM playing as a false 9, since there's so much quality in that position. Spain and Germany tried it since they couldnt' find a one-top striker and had too many quality AM's right?
    Otherwise Havenaar seems like a solid option as long as they don't revert to "hoof the ball high up hoping for a lucky bounce." Tadanari Lee was decent when I saw him, but I presume he's completely out of form atm.

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yes, Havenaar has been pretty solid so far.
    Just like a rock

:D

24. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tadanari was "great" once upon a time. Then he decided he will leave it to Maeda and company as he joined Southampton...

In all honesty he really worked well with this team and I am sad he decided as he did.

25. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You mean he just stand there? he's as useful for Japan like a rock? he's no better or worse than Maeda, pass the ball around, but no threat.

Regarding Lee Tadanari, I did hope he was gonna be a long term deal for Japan as he showed some promise, but his move to Southampton ruined his plans. But I don't think he's was ever gonna be an amazing striker. I do like the idea of using a AM as a false 9, but during the Brazil match, Okazaki failed as that, but he's great playing in AM. Honda was "the one" during the 2010 WC, though he's didn't do so good against Brazil 2012, I think we should try it out again.

atm, Yoichiro Kakitani of Cerezo Osaka (Japan) and Masato Kudo (Kashiwa Reysol, Japan) seems to be a hot prospect for the FW role.