Thread closed.

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Galaxian, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the Chivas Galaxy game tongiht , there were large billboards up around the stadium saying '' Futbol vs Soccer , USA vs Mexico may 21 at the Home Depot Center
    Holy crap I cant wait !!!!

2. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Re: USA v Mexico May 21 at the HDC !!

Good match. It'll be good for us to get in a road game, before we go to Germany. And, we don't have to travel out of the country for it.

3. westsidepunk

westsidepunk Member

May 31, 2003
    Tucson, AZ

I saw those banners too and was kind of taken aback by them. I figured there's no way this game could happen with the way the US and Mexican pre-world cup schedules are already set. So I google newsed it and found this. Apparently the game is part of a reality show about the US Mexico rivalry. The actual game is supposed to be between members of both countries 98 WCQ squads. Both games during that qualification ended in draws. So this will be the rubber match. They showed up unannounced to recruit the former players to play in this game. It is kind of ridiculous, but I know I for one will be watching for curiosities sake. The show is on Fox Sports Espanol, and the game will be simulcast on FSE and FSC.

4. Zeppelin

Zeppelin New Member

Jan 24, 2006

that's not a good web page, too many spyware and pop-up windows, next thing you know, something is downloaded to your comp without your knowledge.

5. westsidepunk

westsidepunk Member

May 31, 2003
    Tucson, AZ

Sorry about that. I use firefox and had no problems opening the page.

6. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is a Nike promotion/advertisement, in which Pablo Mastroeni and a Mexican player recruited people to play in a pickup game, not an international friendly between the two countries national teams.

At some point in time it was on nike.com/soccer, but it's all that Joga Bonita stuff now (which is still very very cool).

7. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ

It's addidas..check out their website for it...pretty cool actually. They have rivalry games for other countries...Brazil v Argentia, Spain v. Portugal, England v France...etc.

8. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
  9. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

MAn , I guess I was just dreaming . I was so happy after the Galaxy game last night and then seeing that , I was freaking out . Well I'm sorry guys I was a ways away from the billboard . Man that would have been sweet...

10. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're right, it is adidas, my bad. Knew it was a commercial though.

11. westsidepunk

westsidepunk Member

May 31, 2003
    Tucson, AZ

This is not about the Addidas +10 ad campaign. As the link I posted earlier says,
    it is a made for tv game between members of the 98 WCQ teams. Here is the link again. http://www.realitytvwebsite.com/news040406c.html

12. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yep... we ought to start a pre/in/post match thread about it too..... :)

CAn't blame Fox for trying to stir up competition, even if among geezers.... on both sides of the border.......

Will watch, see how it goes.... I imagine the series...like the game. will be shown on both FSE AND FSC, correct? I don't see it mentioned on FSC's schedule......Pity... America's soccer channel comes through once again...UNless every member of the 98 US team speaks Spanish...i do not know why the same courtesy (of translating say, the Mexicans Spanish into English) cannot be extended for the English-speaking AMerican audience, and air the reality show on FSC as well....

This will be the first ever "reality show" i ever watch with any interest whatsoever.....

13. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

Who gives a shit what it's for?

Bottom line is there is no game scheduled between the USA and Mexico at the Home Depot Center, and ths thread should be closed.

14. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Not USNT related - thread closed. Title changed to protect the innocent.