Thoughts on tonight in the stands?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RevolutionFan, Jun 19, 2011.

1. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i really hope that no one plans on attending the next home match

2. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ********ing awesome pics from the other stadiums.

thank y'all.

3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    enough to know that naughty words don't ruin them

4. beryl420

beryl420 Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Hartford
    that's non-responsive, but regardless, lots of things that "don't ruin them" aren't good for them.

We wouldn't want Revs fans to produce the kinds of kids that grow older thinking that "YSA" is clever and amusing

5. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Your qualifying question was rather pointless.

right, so we should ban all chants of the like, because the children might fall prey to influence. :rolleyes:

6. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kraft should ban all movies that play at the Man Mall that have any swear words in them.

Kraft should have SN arrested just for talking. Gibberish in Scot sounds like swearing..Arrest HIM!!

Have FoxB PD stop every car coming in to Man Mall City for echoes of swearing that may still be present in each vehicle.

While we're at it...Have the FoxB Selectmen pass an ordinance banning swearing in town limits.

IF FO thinks for ONE SECOND all this CRAP was about Swearing, they're as delusional as their Old Man CEO!!

7. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I actually think that including a pat-down at the gate, fans should be required to wash their filthy mouths out with soap.

I like this idea. SAVE THE CHILDREN!

They do, and that is the problem.

8. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know..and quite honestly, that's what's scaring me about this so called meeting!!

I really hope I can go...because I'm very good at being quiet. But, once someone gets condescending, especially with that fluff attitude.."me" blood gets microwaved!

9. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. It doesn't matter how many kids he has.

2. Not mine responsibility to worry about other people's kids. Let those parents decide how to handle their own kids.

10. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That "meeting" is going to be such a dog n pony show. Why do you think they are doing it in a controlled environment, on their terms? Kraft acts like he owns the patent on soccer in New England.

11. beryl420

beryl420 Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Hartford

1. Sure it does..if you are going to express an opinion about the impact of curse words on kids and how their parents should deal with the situation, the context of your opinion (i.e. your personal circumstance), is entirely relevant.

2. I think your second point is that it isn't your job to worry about the impact of your conduct on other kids. We can argue that, but I'll agree for the purposes of this post.

You have to see the flip side if you are going to make that argument. Those parents in the "morgue" similarly shouldn't care whether their conduct (e.g. complaining about swears to TeamOps), has any impact on your experience. In your worldview, they are doing what they think best for their kids and you give up the right to bitch about them raising the issue.

All of that puts us back in the same place...the burden is on Kraft to strike the right balance and get it right.

12. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

13. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    -it is not essential to be a parent to understand the impact of curse words on a kid.

-I never suggested any advice on how parents should deal with situations, so that point is irrelevant to your defense of the question you asked.

exactly

14. beryl420

beryl420 Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Hartford
    One cannot even understand the full impact of Cars2 until you live it every day with your child....curse words are no different

15. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    One cannot even understand the full impact of Cars2 even if you live it every day with your child...curse words are no different.

Being a parent is nonessential to understanding as much as we can about children. Parents just believe they know more than other people about children. Which is pretty arrogant to begin with.

16. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the issue comes down to Broken Windows theory. If swearing is wrong and kids are told it is wrong, but there is an organized group of (reasonably) well adjusted 'adults' doing it with no repercussions, then other questionable activity is bound to be on the rise.

17. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Even though the Broken Windows Theory has yet to prove correlation.

18. beryl420

beryl420 Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Hartford
    Wrong. Parents just believe they know more than other people about their own children...which is neither arrogant nor incorrect.

You could study grief counseling for years, but I wouldn't suggest that someone who has never had to personally make the "pull the plug" decision could actually know the impact of making that choice for a loved one.

Regardless, we can agree that the cards are on the table for Kraft. I canceled my season tickets this year because of the management of the team, not because of swearing..my kids have certainly heard me swear. If someone like me (who has been coming to Revs games for more than a decade, has never sat in the fort and has two kids that wear Revs jerseys to school) has made that decision and the denziens of the Fort are losing patience with how they are being treated, the franchise is at a very significant crossroads.

19. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    While I may disagree with the other topic we diverted onto, I am in complete agreement with you here.

20. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any, most likely they're all charcoal briquets, now.:rolleyes:

21. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah, because you have heard me swear a lot. That is pretty presumptuous on your part. Maybe you should be rolling your eyes at your own misinformed post.

22. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Let's keep this on topic please.

23. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Haha. Astrophysicists just believe they know more about stars than other people, which is also arrogant.

24. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    What kind of uncontrolled environment where they aren't discussing things on their own terms were people looking for? Thunderdome?

25. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I personally was looking for an octaogon.