Thoughts on Diao and Biscan?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by lackadaisical, Jan 3, 2005.

1. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    I was wondering why Biscan doesn't get some more time on the field. He played well in the pre-season and hasn't been seen much at all. He played in the vital away win against Deportivo, and by all accounts, played well. I should think that he would get at least half the time that Diao has recently. It does appear though that Diao is improving and doesn't look so out of place anymore. Do either of these players have a future with Liverpool? Biscan is already rumored to be leaving, and I am a little disapointed with that.

2. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think Biscan has had some injury problems lately, and now it looks like he is leaving. They are different players. Biscan is more of an attacking player than a defensive midfielder. Biscan plays the same position as Gerrard or Alonso, while Diao plays the same posisition as Hamann. When Rafa feels we need someone to get stuck in the center of midfield, Diao gets chosen over Biscan. When he needs some creativty he will always choose Gerrard or Alonso. Maybe thats why Biscan hasn't got much of a chance. I would be dissappointed to see Igor leave, and I could see him doing really well at a club like Southampton.

3. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Biscan has been unlucky not to play more matches at Liverpool, but if he's not in the plans, we may as well move him on and get something for him.

Diao makes me nervous whenever he's in the team!

4. TonyHawk

TonyHawk New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Singapore
    Right on mate - saw him playing against Norwich... he was indeed shaky...
    Biscan career is realistically over - GH has destroyed it for him.
    BTW where oh where on earth is Bruno Cheyru - the man GH touted as a player in the same class as Zidane... what a joke! :)

5. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Didn't we loan him out at the beginning of the season?

6. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Yep, to Marseille. Don't think he is getting much playing time though.

7. soccer365-old

soccer365-old New Member

Jul 18, 2000
    Sony Pictures CA
    Rafa obviously favors Diao over Biscan for whatever reason. Diao seems more of a better cover for Didi.

Biscan played very well in pre season and was excellent moving forward and creating chances. I guess Rafa feels that Alonso and Gerrard are the two he wants to keep for that role and Igor is the odd man out. Mind you, with Alonso's injury I think it wouldn't be wise to sell Igor cheaply. Espescially when you consider that he has been training with THIS squad for the past 6 months. If you bring in a new signing it is going to take time to settle in.

8. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    Could we pay someone to take Diao and keep Igor? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!! :)

9. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    in my eyes biscan is better player than diao ,benitez seemed to be building his confidence up at first and introducing him into games ,then all of a sudden the lad gets an injury and we don't see him again ,I think something must have gone on behind the scenes ,maybe benitez doesn't like his attitude or something becos I can't think why we would ever play diao ahead of biscan.

I know diao is more defensive minded ,but he ain't nothing like hamman not even in the same league ,diao would be a very good first division player , and biscan isn't as attack minded as say gerrard can be.When biscan first came to the club he played in central midfield with gerrard and was excellent against man U and I think it was arsenal ,can't quite remember .Biscan can defend and be disciplined like he was against deportivo ,don't really think the defensive argument stands up to be honest.

10. liverbird04

liverbird04 New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    I'd have biscan and hamman playing in central midfield and gerrard ahead of them supplying the front man.

11. richfei

richfei New Member

May 19, 2004
    Liverpool
    With our injury situation, I can't see Biscan or Diao going anywhere. We're still competing on four fronts and Rafa has already had to juggle with his side. So unless someone comes in, I can't see either one leaving for now