Thoughts About Kashuba's DH Interview?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by On the Road Again, May 20, 2009.

1. On the Road Again

On the Road Again New Member

Aug 16, 2006
  2. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Kashuba did a good job on the interview with the Hammer...it did appear he was prepared throughout to let him off the hook, which is understandable...Denis is a defensive coach 1st and last...and there were no remarks about our gameplan when it comes to the offensive side of things, (nothing specific anyway) but that's nothing new or unexpected. ("I don't need to motivate them".) Basically, 'this is how we defend, which is 1st, and the attack is left to the players'...I did want to know how much time is spent planning corners and free kicks...but there's still time for that info later...(if there is a plan for set plays) I give the interview 3 stars...:cool:

3. cesba

cesba Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was a decent interview. You can't go in there and start verbally wailing on the guy because you'll never get answers out of him in subsequent interviews.

I like RK's coverage, but then again I'm grateful for even the smallest nugget of Fire coverage.

The interviews with DH will probably get better as he does more of them.

4. On the Road Again

Aug 16, 2006
    I agree--I thought RK did a very good job and handled the interview exceptionally well.

5. Roman Kashuba

Roman Kashuba New Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the kind words, but I do take constructive criticism well so feel free to tear me a new one. I'll patch it up and get better the next time.

6. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Or perhaps he didn't go in there and start verbally wailing on the guy because an objective mind doesn't see DH as a bad coach who needs to be wailed upon. ;):D

7. cesba

cesba Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I'd love to see DH wailed upon like the rest of the coaches/managers in Chicago and I'm very objective. ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  9. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Beat me to it. :D

Good interview, btw...
    Good for you getting it, and good for Denis Hamlet (and even better for the Fire) for giving it.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I can be kinda critical at times (no? Really?)...
    But the only real criticism I can offer was that the questions themselves were very good...just a bit poorly formed.
    (I get the sense that's what you're referring to anyway though)

Seems more nerves than anything...but hopefully you'll get over that and give us more great interviews in the future. ;)

10. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr Barnard Don't give me that you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!

Shut your festering gob you tit! Your type make me puke!
    You vacuous toffee-nosed malodorous pervert!!

But seriously...when he said that the lads need no motovation...maybe you shoulda asked him about the coaches he had as a player...and if they were the same in regards to motivating...I don't know...I've had coaches that would give the team a pre-game and halftime talk when necessary...and it definately went a long way on the field of play...and I'm fairly certain Sigi is good with this aspect of coaching...and his players seem to be on the same page during a game.

11. On the Road Again

Aug 16, 2006
    I really had no problems with the interview as I mentioned before but I thought DH did a lot of tap dancing, especially around the issues of Rolfe and Nyarko. I didn't hear a clearly thought-out response which, frankly, I think DH should be able to articulate. The only comment I heard was that they were different types of players which we all recognize. There was no reference to how Nyarko might better fit DH's tactical style or vice versa. I felt like the rest of DH's responses were along the same line--pretty generic and not too much depth. Of course, maybe that's the way DH intended it to be but he didn't convince me that he has a solid plan in mind for either player.

12. cesba

cesba Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I've ever heard DH answer a question with a response that was anything but a canned boring answer.

13. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Outside of Ray Hudson, you have described most coaches.

14. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago
    But you didn't play at this level for a living. Your livlihood (sp?) didn't depend on it and although many of us have particpated in a sport at some level, comparisons between an actual Professional and non-pros is like night and day. When your livlihood is on the line, you have a different motivation and especially in sports where a few weeks of bad performance can cost you the job. I'm sure Denis does the things you mentioned above. I'm also sure his no motivation response is directed more towards the fact that these guys haven't displayed a lack of it and especially after bad results. Actually, I know for a fact that during the spell of draws that you, me and many Fire fans wanted no part of that locker room. PO-ed is a nice way to describe how upset they were. Doesn't sound like an issue of motivation to me.

A+,
    Fonsos

15. cesba

cesba Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with Fonsos on the motivation issue. It is a bit of a sports cliche.

Most professional athletes don't really need motivation so to speak but they still do need an occasional kick in the rear end. It seems to me that DH can and has delivered an occasional swift one behind closed doors. Unlike Sarachan, who appeared near vegetative in that department, my issue with DH is more along the lines of substitutions, tactics, and man management.

16. Tobin

Tobin Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Chicago
    Motivation is an issue for every company and every job regardless of what it is.

We have all had lousy and great (hopefully) managers in our lives. Have you ever had a manager/boss that demotivated you, made you dread coming to work, etc even though you were being paid?

You can apply the same principle to soccer or any other sport.