This would be best for CONCACAF.

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by El Yucateco, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    As is your ignorance.

Any chance you're going to respond to the multiple posts asking you to provide evidence for any of your ludicrous claims?

2. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow, I'm in the wrong forum. Sorry, I was just passing by, carry on.

3. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    Were those your forefathers chanting "I'd rather be Paki than Turk"
    last year.

No its burying your head in the sand while its happening all around you that causes racism and xenophobia.

Let me recommend "Capitalism and Slavery". I know you will never read it, but given the slender chance that I might be mistaken about you I'll give you a source to broaden your mind.

4. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    You mean the slavery that came into being thousands of year before England existed? Gotcha....

5. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    No I mean the slavery of Africans by English people in the Caribbean and the Americas.

6. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
  7. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Strange - you claimed that england invented slavery. Are you changing your claim now that you admit your original one to be wrong?

8. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't believe it's taken you several days and x number of pages to find the most high profile case of racisim in the last god knows how many years.

FYI It was 2003 actually and the game was England V Turkey.

I don't know whether you know this or not but we have a bit of history with the Turks.. like their fans killing ours. This match was always going to have a tense atmosphere. A few people (note few, not loads) starting chanting. Funny how it's not happened since isn't it, I wonder why?

While I don't condone the morons who were chanting it's hardly an indictment of widespread racisim througout English football is it?

9. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What about the slavery of Africans in Africa by Africans?

Who then went on to sell them to Europeans....

10. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You appear to have a terrible memory, somehow repeatedly forgetting to answer these questions.

Do you think England invented racism? (as you claimed)

Do you think England invented any of slavery, colonialism or facism? (as you tried to back up the initial claim with)

11. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne

You're a bell-end, but an entertaining one.

12. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA

I'm back. Sorry I missed you guys. I was busy watching T&T qualify. Yes you invented the misguided concept that white people are superior to black people in an effort to justify slavery and the slave trade. Once again I refer you to your own history. I know you guys have books in England. Please read "Capitalism and Slavery." I'll give you until Monday to flip through it. Sorry no pictures for Chewmylegoff, so as usual I won't expect anything of merit from him.

13. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I invented the idea that I am superior to Renegade...at least I thought I did until everybody told me that they knew that already. :(

14. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Renegade, just for some education. In the history of world religions we learned that the Japanese viewed themselves as specifically superior to other people based on descent from possibly 6k years ago or more.

Again, if you look at the Hebrew faith they were a people that were slaves, but then they were 'God's chosen people'. This again goes back 4k years or so.

How could England have invented something thousands of years after it was already in use in multiple cultures?

15. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    So racism is restricted to white on black? How about the millions of african slaves that existed under the Ottoman empire starting back in about 700 ad? Was that not racism or slavery?

16. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the problem is you have an incredibily narrow one-issue view of the world which is completely obscuring your judgement. You've dismissed everything which doesn't specifically apply to what happened to your ancestors, because it doesn't fit in with your viewpoint. If you are claiming England invented racism

I think it is you who needs a little lesson in history.
    http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?historyid=ac41

Read, and notice in particualr the dates on the paragraphs for...

Slaves in Babylon: 18th century BC

Slaves in Greece: from the 7th century BC

Slaves in Rome: from the second century BC

Slaves in the Middle Ages: 6th - 15th century AD

but perhaps most importantly, read this bit...

But a new and disastrous chapter in the story of slavery begins with the arrival of the Portuguese in west Africa in the 15th century.

The Portuguese expeditions of the 15th century bring European ships for the first time into regular contact with sub-Saharan Africa. This region has long been the source of slaves for the route through the Sahara to the Mediterranean. The arrival of the Portuguese opens up another channel.

They are well placed on the sea routes between West Africa, Europe and America.

Portuguese settlers move into the Cape Verde islands in about 1460. In 1466 they are given an economic advantage which guarantees their prosperity. They are granted a monopoly of a new slave trade. On the coast of Guinea the Portuguese are now setting up trading stations to buy captive Negroes.

Some of these slaves are used to work the settlers' estates in the Cape Verde islands. Others are sent north for sale in Madeira, or in Portugal and Spain - where Seville now becomes an important market. Negroes have been imported by this sea route into Europe since at least 1444, when one of Henry the Navigator's expeditions returns with slaves exchanged for Moorish prisoners.

The labour of the slaves in the Cape Verde Islands primes a profitable trade with the African region which becomes known as Portuguese Guinea or the Slave Coast. The slaves work in the Cape Verde plantations, growing cotton and indigo in the fertile valleys. They are also employed in weaving and dying factories, where these commodities are transformed into cloth.

The cloth is exchanged in Guinea for slaves. And the slaves are sold for cash to the slaving ships which pay regular visits to the Cape Verde Islands.

This African trade, together with the prosperity of the Cape Verde Islands, expands greatly with the development of labour-intensive plantations growing sugar, cotton and tobacco in the Caribbean and America. The Portuguese enforce a monopoly of the transport of African slaves to their own colony of Brazil. But other nations with transatlantic interests soon become the main visitors to the Slave Coast.

So I'm sorry to disappoint you, but even your belief that Britain invented the white on black slave trade is incorrect. The Portuguese were at it for around 300 years before it caught on with British shipping in the 18th century.

17. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    VA
    Nice try, I didn't assert you invented the slave trade, I am arguing you invented racism to justify the English institution of slavery,and the English slave trade. Let's not twist things to fit your argument. As a representative of the Evil ex-empire you can do better.

18. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But racism existed more than 5000 years before the English slave trade. Look into what the US did to Japan post WW2 and why. 8/

19. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "One of the earliest examples, which still exist today, is the caste system practice in India since c. 1500 BC. The caste system is embedded into the Hindu religion in which fair-skinned Brahmins rule over the dark-skinned population -- which in itself is divided into lower hierarchial classes with Dalits on the bottom."
    The Bible of Aryan Invasions: Aryan Invasions of Negroes, Semites & Mongols
    by Uthaya Naidu PhD
    http://dalitstan.org/books/bibai/index.html

So on and so forth

20. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Actually you did - you claimed that the English invented racism, slavery, fascism and colonialism.

Although I do admire the bare-faced hypocrisy of your claim that we are twisting things to fit our argument.

You do realise that the longer you continue to try and twist your way out of this impossible situation your ignorance has created the more you look like a Grade A bigotted cockmuffin. Seriously - either admit your claims were erroneous or just don't post on here again, your credibility is shot to pieces as it is

21. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know being from the country that invented racism...

22. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why would they have needed to "invent racism" to continue a trade in black slaves that the portuguese had been running for 300 years? A trade that the blacks themselves had been running for over a century prior to that.

Do you really think the Portuguese were treating the slaves as equals?

And let's not twist things? The flex on my telephone is less twisty than your arguments.

You have no argument. All you are doing is trying to redefine racism to a narrower and narrower focus to the point where it means nothing other than the British slave trade. And I think what you are really trying to say is that the British were the first to try and rationalize the slave trade on the grounds of blacks being inferior.

I have no doubt that when question were being asked in parliament and in society in general about the ethics of slave trading (quite probably the only country in the developed world to be doing so at the time) the slave traders would have used the excuse that the blacks were a primitive "breed" of human, but that is a million miles from saying they invented that idea. As I said, do you really think the portuguese regarded them as equals? Do you really think the Portuguese traders didn't regard them as inferior?

even this piece "a black perspective on slavery" puts Britain way down the list.
    http://www.duboislc.org/BlackPerspective/BlackPerspectivePart1.html

I did a quick check on you posts to see if there was an introduction one, with you saying you were a 15 year old kid or something, but there wasn't. What there was was a thread with you trolling and claiming DC United are racist in their choice of players. Throwing out accusations of racism seems to be something of a common theme for you. I think you have issues. I mean, when you refer to someone from England as being a representative of an evil ex-empire, not only do you lead people to think you may have a screw loose, but to also wonder if you have any screws fully tightened.

23. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    or how about the fact that black v pakistani (and vice versa) racism in this country is at least as predominant as white v anyone else. racism exists between all races. anyone who tries to argue otherwise is a moron.

24. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Hmm - now who could be trying to argue otherwise..... ;) :p

25. gherter

gherter Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Leesburg, Virginia
    Don't joke, Quebec is talking about breaking off from Canada again. We might have two national teams North of the border soon.