This was fun...

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by IvanIV, Jun 4, 2020.

1. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since we're having fun:

5. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    37/37. Piece of piss.

IvanIV repped this.
  6. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #6 IvanIV, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    You magnificent bastard!

I read your book!

owian repped this.
  7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got 27. If you add Wimbledon, which didn't give me credit for typing "AFC Wimbledon," I got 28. Of the 9 I didn't get, I'm disappointed I missed 4 of them. The top club I didn't name ranked 15th in points. The 9 clubs other than Wimbledon that I didn't get totaled 1,066 points. The club with the most points and club with the median amount of points totaled more than that with 1,111. There were 10,313 points. The 9 clubs I didn't get are 24.32 percent of the clubs that got 10.34 percent of the points. I went to https://www.sporcle.com/games/FourFourTwo_/every-premier-league-club-of-the-2000s which is the source and entered the 28 I got including Wimbledon. I used FourFourTwo as a record of my answers so I didn't have to name the clubs again, but I didn't cheat on Sporcle by giving the answers I got from FourFourTwo to make my score be perfect when I didn't deserve it. I got the 18 most named clubs, and 7 of the 9 I missed were in the least named 10. Sporcle says a majority (52.5 percent) got at least 32, but you can take a quiz as many times as you want, so it doesn't mean that a majority of people got at least 32 on their first attempt. 78.8 percent got at least 27, 21.1 percent got fewer than 27, and it adds up to 99.9 percent because at least 27 is in three groups, under 27 is in six groups, and adding the sum of rounded numbers produced a different value than if all arithmetic was done before rounding, which is the mathematically proper way, but I can't do it the proper way without knowing the amount of people in each group. The actual distribution is 78.8 percent to 21.2 percent or 78.9 percent to 21.1 percent.

I've done quizzes like that, but not recently. You can find a lot of quizzes on Sporcle, and there are badges that require perfect scores on certain quizzes along with things like a late lunch badge for playing 15 quizzes between 1:00 P.M. and 2:00 P.M. in one day, badges for a streak of days, and other hard and/or unusual things. I wonder what the most badges anybody has is. I have 7 out of 1,013 badges. There was a quiz to name every club that has finished in the middle positions of ninth, tenth, and eleventh. Tenth is half of the amount of clubs, but mathematically tenth and eleventh are the middle two, and ninth and twelfth (which the quiz excluded) are equidistant from the middle.

IvanIV repped this.
  8. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see what you did there

IvanIV repped this.
  9. Every Four Years

May 16, 2015
    Miramar, Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    31/37 despite me somehow missing Leicester and Newcastle lol.

IvanIV repped this.
  10. Ninjatom21

Ninjatom21 Member

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 1, 2017
    36-forgot Hull somehow

IvanIV repped this.