This is what Israeli football is all about

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by film2112, Mar 31, 2005.

1. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I have been very proud of my NT lately. I think that finding our self atop group 4 tied with France none of us could have foreseen. I heard today someone mention that they never thought that they could mention ISR and FRA in the same sentence and talk about football, but thanks to out NT, they can today. And if that wasn’t enough, our most important 2 goals in the last campaign came from two Israeli-Arabs. Lets take a few moments to reflect on our accomplishments, and then move on to figuring out how to beat IRE on Jun 4, 3 - 0.

2. HapoelFanNYC

HapoelFanNYC New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    israel
    Re: This is what ISR football is all about

i totally agree, and believe me i was happy that Suan scored that goal to shut the racists mouth's which are unfortunately in every nation around the world. Suan and Badir are Israeli citizens and they should be treated fairly and should be respected and they have certainly made me very proud. I am very proud to be from Israel, and the national team made me even prouder when they fought for good results against such highly ranked teams. As far as the games in the future I think that Ireland will be a very very difficult match considering it is in Dublin... I hope we could get a good result such as a win against the Swiss, and then we have two fairly easy matches against the Faroe Islands, but remember, we always mess up on the last and most important games... (austria 2001...) Other than that I really hope that we could pull it off this time and at least get to the play-off round. Like I heard someone say this week on TV, I believe the first of the four to lose is done.

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

You are so right, in the end it only matters if they are sporting the kit you support. Does it really matter what their race or religion is? Not at all to me. In fact, I always consider them as my brother because obviously Suan and Badir choose to play for Israel, so they should be embraced with open arms.

Dublin will be a HUGE test. Very loud and passionate crowd.

4. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004

Great thread! politics has no place in sport - Reps all around.

Does anyone know what, if any, non-Israeli media said about two Israeli-Arabs scoring the goals for Israel?

The US media barely mentions the US national team, other games with other teams basically get no coverage:(. Fox Soccer Channel being the exception, they covered both game, I didn't hear them say anything about this subject.

Good luck in Ireland.

5. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What?

I know that alot of people are proud of Israel, but I am disappointed. After numerous chances I feel as though this is just a prolonged nonqualification for the World Cup, yet in no way hurts as much as the match against Austria that Nimni blew for us.

I am prouder of the U-17, and U-21 sides for putting in good results and actually winning some games.

6. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005

KYHS thanks for reminding me once again how much i hate nimni! I look at it and as optimistic as i am and pray for us to qualify i really don't think it will happen! I believe that we could have beaten both France and Ireland. And we needed to take full advantage of the home games, since we didn't we will not make it too far. I hope cyprus can take some points of the swiss or French

7. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005

I wish you guys the best of luck we will be ready for you guys.

8. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

You mean the Israel NT is gonna play divison 2 PUMAS?!??! endale, endale. Tequilla after for everyone, cavron.

Fantasy game final time:
    ISR NT 6, PUMAS nill

9. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005

I am not a Mexican fan moron. I am Irish, I lost a bet on the USA-Mexico game hence the Mexican stuff. You see now you just killed my spirit to give Israel a chance in that match Irish 2 Israelis 0.

10. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005

hahahaa the only non-israeli supporter now gone!! toon we need u mate

11. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

I thought you were rUmanian

12. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005

I am Irish, but I do support Romania because I have some friends from there.