This board needs to get more like it was before

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by collison, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. collison

collison New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    what r u guys doing for training

Hi how many of you guys train all year round. I'm just curious cuz i do and my first game in summer league i got 2 goals and 1 assist. And i was curious what u guys do to train cuz i lift now, practised sprinting 2 months ago, and practised jumping 4 months ago. So like a month before season starts im also going to run intervals of 2-4 miles every other day and lift on the days im not running. oh yeah and i've also started doing the coever moves ive been doing that for 3 weeks now and that has helped my first touch and my moves. I wanted to know what all u guys do. thanks

2. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    what does the title of the thread have to do with what youre asking?!?! Cause they aren't related at all.

3. collison

collison New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    i was just trying to start up conversation thats all.

4. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    oh ok...sounds good to me. i was just curious.

anyways...i train year round...school soccer in the fall...school soccer in the spring and then pdl in the summer. i dont get a 'vacation' other than a week or 2 in the summer.

what i tend to do is focus on my sharpness and speed, ie. agility, plyometrics, sprint drills, ball drills...etc. I maybe do some aerobic work 1-2 times per week...i get all the aerobic conditioning i need from playing matches and training. Stadium stair running is something i do a good bit, jump rope, and a lot of plyometric exercises and agility exercises.

if you want specifics...let me know.

cheers,
    blake

5. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    Right now I am in the building stage of my soccer program. I basically lift weights 5 days a week, and do mix cardio 3-4 times a week. Cardio is any thing from running, walking, stair stepper, elliptical. My work out is set up, and very strict on what I have to do. I have seen major gains in speed, endurance, and size since I started in April. From time to time I will pick up a soccer ball, and kick it around. Maybe head over to the school and kick at the goal by myself. Like I said in other posts, once I hit my weight I plan on starting up a lot more cardio.

6. gerr18

gerr18 New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    I used to be really concerned with gaining weight...then I woke up. My body type is lean, not bulky...I'm about 5'10 165. I tried it all, creatine, eating 5000 cal/day...etc, and the most I put on was 6 lbs which I immediately lost anyways. I had a personal trainer working with me, I had a set eating schedule, set training schedule...and my body just didn't wanna put on the weight...also, my metabolism is through the roof as well...which didn't help either.

But I'm to the point now that I feel I don't need to be bigger to gain an advantage over other players. I'll just outskill them :).

Also, I never let myself get out of aerobic shape. At least 5 days per week I do some form of training and I lift 4 days/week. Like I said before, I just have a few fine tuning things to work on now...explosive first step, balance...etc. And I always do ball work and play with the ball, everyday...IMO, that's the most important thing to do...not weight lifting or gaining weight...ball skills is the most important.

7. collison

collison New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    your right about ball skills being the most important thing but i think weight lifting has helped me be explosive and powerful. but the weird part is i didnt gain n e weight. i'm 5'10 142 lbs and can bench about 190 lbs but my max squats probly around 225 or so but im not sure bout that.

8. Sakino

Sakino New Member

Jul 24, 2002
    But your gaining a lot of strength.

9. collison

collison New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Yup i am gaining alot of strength but im at a plateu for some exercises.

10. NERK

NERK New Member

Jun 29, 2008
    ./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

11. T90 OzzY

T90 OzzY Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Kent, Marden
    CAN SOMEONE BAN NERK!
    Skizz, your good at shouting at people, shout at him :D