Think WE have something to complain about!! [R-Mex-RSA]

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Onionsack, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite
    What's funny is that when the US fell behind Cuba 1-0 some clown from the Mexican forum came to the US thread to tell us how pathetic we were.

I bet he feels kinda of stupid after this match. :D

2. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Interesting ...

3. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird how Mexico kept playing all of their corners short. Now they did score a goal off one, but for the most part playing it short didn't materialize to much. When you have a guy like Borgetti in the box, why are you not playing more directly into the area off corner kicks?

But it was nice to see Mehico lose :)

4. Stinkey Turner

Dec 15, 2000
    It's weird how us yanks are so obsessed with Mexico. We really should set our sites higher.

5. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis

I thought RSA was using a B team also.

6. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis

Why not post the link and have everyone neg rep him into the ground?

7. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey give credit to mexico for NEVER EVER changing their strategy against ANYBODY

they have balls thats for sure...id be ashamed if i got lit up like that in LA by S. Africa's Z squad...

that is why the USA's style of play will always give us a shot to beat Mexico

8. Galen

Galen Member

Jul 16, 1999
    El Cerrito
    If you read the commentary in the Mexican forums regarding the match, it mirrors 'our' commentary on the Cuba match. Most of the blame was centered on LaVolpe on selecting several players who are marginal internationals, including one who is a substitute for his club team...and who also happens to be LaVolpe's son-in-law.

From the portions of the game that I watched, Mexico's problems have been delivering the final ball and finishing their chances. Sound familiar?

Anybody who thinks that the US should be aiming 'higher' than Mexico is having a laugh. Our away record to them should be enough evidence of that.

9. mickhayafe

mickhayafe New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Bakersfield, CA
    how it reminded me? well, France played possession and Senegal played counterattack recall they had all of ONE forward.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you on the point that France did outplay Senegal, I can watch it again, i have it on DVD just to be sure, if I do and think otherwise I will post it.

:)

10. um_chili

um_chili Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    Losanjealous
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though this game opened up the possiblity of a US-Mex quarterfinal, it's still very unlikely. Mex currently sits last in their group, but after that game they'll likely be hyped to beat more familiar opponents who they've consistently beaten in Concacaf competition. I say Mex qualifies first or at least second from the group with six points and we end up winning ours and facing a tough but beatable opponent from Concacaf in the quarters.

For what it's worth, though, this Gold Cup seems stronger than previous editions. There aren't any super-minnows in the main draw (e.g., Martinique, who qualified in 02 and 03, made the quarters in 02 and lost there to Canada only on penalties).

PS If Mex doesn't finish third in Group C, there is no chance they will play the US in anything other than the final because they'll be in the other half of the eliminations bracket.

11. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico just squashed Guatemala 4-0 without- aparently- much effort, if things keep going this way, maybe we'll see a US-Mexico final, I cant wait

seems half the squad from Conf cup, although Borgetti and Zinha add plenty of weight to any team.

Guatemala was completely lost and totally outplayed, the fish did nothing but complaint

12. mickhayafe

mickhayafe New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Bakersfield, CA
    what else is new, he grates my nerves every game i see him

13. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We aren't setting our standard with Mexico.
    It's called arch-rivalry.
    That's why we pay attention to what they do.
    We are their arch-rivals and they are our arch-rivals.

14. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have 6 poinst and are in....

They (mex) has 3 and must play well vs. Jamaica to make sure they are through....

However, i'll give Mexico the edge in that they seem to be able to create chances in more diverse ways than we do.... We have honestly to an extent looked very monotonous...Hope our team starts having better chemistry on offense when it counts (knockout stages)..... I want us to win this thing.....

15. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Guess he learned a thing or two from Blanco.

16. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    They beat BRAZIL! Who else can we talk about? France?

:)

17. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    why aren't there any threads about the US in the Mexico forum then?

18. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    yep Mexico took half a squad...Borgetti is there cuz he asked Lavolpe to play the cup so he could become the all time top scorer of the NT...Lavolpe wasnt even going to call him...and like someone else told u already Mexico is playing this cup with 4 starters from the A team...the Marquez that u see in the field, the forward, is not Rafa from Barca...or u didn't know he's a defender?...

it's been said that maybe just 2 or 3 players from this team playing the Gold Cup may have a remote chance of playing for the WC team...

The game against SA was a disappointment, i dont think i've ever seen a Mexico game where they miss so many times and hit the posts 3 times....in the end SA deserved the win because in soccer the team that wins is not the one that plays better but the one that scores the goals...but i believe Mexico should've taken this game easily....

Now with Guatemala was the same thing except this time Mexico did manage to score...but they still keep missing easy goals...Borgetti should've scored at least 2 more easy goals before the half ended...

We'll see how the tournament develops, i still don't see Mexico as the favorite...i think at this point the US would take it..they are playing really boring but effective....

19. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus the depth of our roster. We must be the only team in the tournament who was able to successfully start 2 completely different starting 11s and win both games. Our fitness and fresher legs will be a difference maker.

20. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well I saw the game Germany-Mexico at confed cup and I can say
    that Mexico was not extra strong. I agree to StilKickin USA has really
    many young talented players and your coach can send really completely
    two different teams to games. Plus US players are really very quickly and
    athletic strong. I don´t think USA will have troubles to beat Mexico.
    well this is only my opinion. I don´t want to insult our Mexican friends
    here.
    bltleo

21. mickhayafe

mickhayafe New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Bakersfield, CA
    so according to you any two nations that have a rivalry in the world, both must have threads in each other's forums...got it. I must have missed the memo

22. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    well i wouldnt call it succesfull...Donovan WAS the difference in the first game...he did what the other 10 couldnt...so i dont think there's much depth in a roster that depends of one man...

23. mcarlson1

mcarlson1 New Member

Jun 18, 2005
    BA's flexibility is such a credit to the USMNT, it would pain me if we had the same strategy for every game

24. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    South Africa's skill mixed with surprisingly good speed neutralized the Mexican possession game...one of the reasons why USA has managed a very good record in the past 10 matches with mexico...

the south africa- jamaica 3-3 match showed the attacking qualities of south africa again, and how susceptible to speed and athleticism the south africans can be....

mexico NOT winning the group means the finals might NOT be where the two get matched up.....

the east coast is beign bombarded with incredible dew points, into the low 70's making the sauna like conditions very difficult for ALL

25. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is it because the Mexicans are too busy trollin' the USA boards to start a thread of their own?

:rolleyes: