Things you regret as an Arsenal fanatic?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by red & wite army, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, like those clowns on espn1000.

2. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    *cough, cough* DOOKIE V *cough, cough*

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Mac, Jurko, and Harry?

i like them.

i mean you know that Mac is a Sox fan, Jurko is a Cubs fan, and Harry swings both ways, so it makes for funny moments.

4. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, Cohen just talks to much crap, and Webster isn't much better. I'm glad they don't support Arsenal.

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Webster is a gooner. I don't care what he says. He's always flip-flopping though so it's tough to say.

He talks crap but that's because it gets people riled up and therefore listen...the Howard Stern effect if you will. He really is a nice guy.

6. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't mind a certain amount of banter, but the continuous crap is why I stopped listening to Stern and tune out these two. There is enough BS in my life without tuning in to it every week. Just my opinion though. I can see Webster as an OK guy away from it all though. Cohen, I don't think so.

7. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    The show is so bereft of content it's impossible to watch for more than five mins. I can't stand the fox sports report either, the only show that could possibly make football dull.

8. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    it's the chick michelle. she is GOD AWFUL. I'm willing to bet
    [​IMG]

could do a better job.

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    No way...she's not hot but she's cute and yummy PLUS she's a Chelsea fan.

[​IMG]

From her bio on FSC's website: "My best soccer memory would have to be watching my beloved Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in April. Granted, they ended 1-1 with Birmingham, but it was an experience I'll never forget. Not to mention the box seats right beside Roman Abramovich's suite!

If you haven't figured out by now, I am a Chelsea fan, and I was one long before the Abramovich days. Frank Lampard is one of my favorites. He is so consistent, not only for club, but for country as well. The Blues midfield just wouldn't be the same without him."

Here's a link to their fantasy league, look at her team name! http://eplfantasy.foxsoccer.com/M/table.mc?id=74

(God Google rules sometimes. I searched her name and found that.)

10. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Especially when he's kicking azz on Deadwood.

;)

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't mind the radio show so much, I mean, sometimes the things they say are extremely stupid, but its a good source for Prem rumors and updates. However, the amount of commercials they have (and the news break), is really annoying, I've started listening to the podcast just so I can skip all that, making the show a very quick listen. I don't watch FFF and can't imagine anyone that would. There's something about how they come off on tv that makes me understand why they're so hated. Plus, the whole format of the show is totally wrong for tv and is utterly boring.

Fox Sports Report is sort of a necessary evil as there is no other daily soccer highlight show. All of them are annoying and at times the show is totally amatuer. However, there should be a level of hell reserved solely for Max Bretos. He's completely annoying while also being an idiot.

And on the subject of Chicago sports radio, Boers & Bernstein all the way.

12. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    c'mon eddie. [john mccenroe]you can't be serious!!![/john mccenroe]

listening to her read cue cards is painful. She is the duke cheerleader of female sports anchors...we will just have to agree to disagree because she is the worst.[/end rant]

edited so we don't have to see her ugly face twice.

13. GunnerOToole

GunnerOToole New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Regretting things as an Arsenal Fan.

14. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    I don't mind it if they wear the colors on the sleeve a bit, as long as they don't overdo it. However, some guys are just horrific at it. Much as I love Bill Simmons' other stuff, if ESPN.com is going to employ a guy who is so Boston-centric, than they should have a writer for all of the other top 25 markets in the country.

As for the local hosts, it can be OK when they have to do a mea culpa, like Mason and Ireland had to do today after USC's loss last night. :D

15. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    No, I think we'd all be deeply ashamed if either Nick Webster or Steven Cohen were a Gooner, even more ashamed than having bin Laden for a fan. Just because you love one team doesn't mean you have to love everyone associated with it; for instance, I follow Wales, and I despise Robbie Savage. But then again, who doesn't?

16. tmaker

tmaker Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Seattle
    Say what you want about Robbie Savage, but if he were in midfield with Cesc or Gilberto, I believe our team would have about 12 pts more than they currently do in the table.

17. xdanx

xdanx Member

Aug 12, 2004
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You were joking right?
    OK OK I will just pretend that this never happened, I mean you can't seriously say that you would be able to tolerate Savage if he played for Arsenal. That is like saying you wouldn't mind having Keane or RVN. I don't care how many people like them I take the not in backyard aproach.

18. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    Nice try at a cover-up stalker, you had it all bookmarked for months.

[​IMG]
    ewww

I think this thread has now officially been completely hijacked.

19. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL, I think i'm going to start a thread soon about 'Why I love the BigSoccer Arsenal forum!', and one of my reasons would be 'How rapidly a thread can go off-topic!' :D

Actually I'm being serious, its cool because conversation can run on and people don't moan about that...and thats the way it should be! :)

20. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    tu es muy loco

21. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    If it was the "Total Asshole" table, then you'd be correct.