Things you regret as an Arsenal fanatic?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by red & wite army, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You just don't get it then...we do that BECAUSE it pisses all of you off!!! The US Blues email group is large. We all know each other very well from there. It's not like we don't know each other. We have a yearly get together and it's all in good fun. That seems to be something the NY Gooners can't quite understand. Probably because they're in denial that the NY Blues are louder and have been around longer than most of them.

2. tmaker

tmaker Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Seattle
    The only thing I regret about being an Arsenal fanatic is that I keep having these redcurrant dreams that White Hart Lane is a giant sucking void, and in fact the Gate of Hell, with demons spewing forth to cause mayhem and destruction while decently dressed souls are being inhaled and spat back out looking something like Keith Burkinshaw with bedhead.

Sorry. "Recurrent" dreams, that should be.

3. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

4. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    they posted two lineups for that match. The first lineup was from the Pompey match. the second one was correct.

and Cam. I second your :rolleyes:

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes: infinity.

7. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    damn it Cam.

he's going to get :rolleyes: infinity +1 and then you can't go any higher!

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You could always double dog dare to go higher! :D

9. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    triple dog dare.

slight breech of ettiqute there.

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LOL...I love 24 hrs of A Christmas Story.

Not relevant but things I regret about being a Chelsea fan:

1) Stamford Bridge selling Coors for awhile...until they started getting Budweiser :mad:

2) Me drinking too much before a game (including Buds in the stadium) and betting 100 GBP that Chelsea would score first and that Lampard would score it....the game finished in a 0-0 draw.

11. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually a :rolleyes: infinity to the infinity power should rule out any one-upping. Stupid Chavs! :D

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not on the playground. You can one up ANYTHING!

13. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    sorry cam.

on the playground, "anything" +1 trumps all.

14. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am going to have to give you the louder thing. Don't you guys have anything to do, you know work etc.? You guys pack the place up no matter what hour of the day.

To be honest I dont really mind you guys, and you help create a good matchtime atmosphere, but there are an alarming number of bandwagon chelsea fans there too, many who barely understand the rules of the game. During every chelsea game ive been at, there are always a few guys who brought there friends with them, and their friend asks for e.g why was that play offside - and they begin to explain, but are further off target than Courtney Love playing pin the donkey

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Freaky! Posted nearly the same thing at the same time!

16. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Coming with a friend who already supports Chelsea doesn't make that bandwagon. It's good for the sport as a whole when people get interested in it. There's an alarming number of people in this country who know offsides in hockey but not soccer.

For the most part, you'd be surprised how little our membership has gone up. I really thought that the influx would start after last season but it hasn't. Then again, more people might "support" Chelsea now...but that doesn't necessarily mean that they take an active role in that by joining the NY or US Blues.

As for jobs, it continues to surprise me. I have no idea what most of them do but they always seem to get off from work. I know about 5 of them that actually have season tickets and go out 1-2 a month. That's the kind of job I need. Instead I am sitting here doing NHL stats last night so all your newspapers have the proper stats in them.

17. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My roommate is going to join you guys next semester. He told me you guys have a trip planned for february or something. NY Blues seem to be at least double the size of any other supporter group I've seen yet.

You do NHL stats for a living? That doesnt sound bad, you get to do something you enjoy. What did you do during last season though, if i may ask?

18. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Hate to stick up for Eddie, ok, not really, even if he did make me wear a Chav shirt, but I've had different "Gooners" (we'll call them that because they were wearing the kit) ask me all of the following:

"What's offsides?"
    "Who's playing left mid, Campbell?"
    "Is Arsenal the blue team?" This is when we were wearing a yellow away strip.

So, its not as if we don't have clueless idiots following us as well.

19. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Last season I was largely an unemployed student. I did have a job at the hospital here for awhile but quit when I got this job. Getting paid to watch TV and do stats for the NHL, MLB and NFL. Plus when there are games on weekdays, I get FSC, GolTV and Setanta.

20. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    if only the NY gooners were as inclusive as the BS gooners...they are a strange bunch....from what I have seen anyways.

however, that guy Stephen is a Jaaaabroni. sorry Eddie, he is.

21. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I completely agree with this entire statement.

Eddie, even you've said your boy, Mr Cohen can be a tool.

22. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    ^^^ph.y.p. ;)

I bet lil stevie's idol is moaninHO.

23. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Only because he supports Chelsea...if he was an Arse support (like Nick Webster, no matter what he says) you guys would love that show and I would be sitting here talking about how much of a douche he is.

24. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    probably, but I can't stand Nick Webster

but i still think that hosts of national sports shows, or even local sports shows, should try to be as unbiased as possible. I realize that this is very hard. The listeners should know who the hosts favorite team is, but the host doesn't need to ram it down the throats of the listeners.

25. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    I disagree...I used to love Hulk Hogan but couldn't stand when he was managed by Jimmy 'Mouth of the South' Hart. (that's a stretch analogy :p )

I was standing next to the jabrone during last year's 2-2 Arsenal/Chav game...the one where FSC broadcasted from...he really is a douche.