Things you regret as an Arsenal fanatic?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by red & wite army, Jan 3, 2006.

1. canadagooner

canadagooner Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    i regret
    not being born in London
    not getting the job with international 5 years ago working out of Reading (of course then I wouldn't have been able to join ArsenalAmerica because i would be a Canadian living in the UK or something!?!)
    waiting until last year to go to Austria

2. GunnerOToole

GunnerOToole New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Being really miserable every time we lose & p***ing off my wife.

3. The Grimster

The Grimster Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Edmonton
    Alternating going to Highbury & White Shite Lane until the age of 16!!

Being on a course at WHL and not throwing a towel over thier trophy cabinet!

4. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They have a trophy cabinet?? :confused:

5. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    - having to follow them via internet only until 3 years ago.

- starting a feud with my condo association over the installation of Direct TV for FSC

-7am live kickoffs on weekends

-Not getting Tony adams name and number on my first jersey. (Anyone kknow if/where I can get this done without looking cheesy?)

6. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not having FSC at home until this year.
    Not having FSC in my dorm at school.
    Not bugging my friends at school who have apartments and FSC to come over early in the mornings to watch games.
    Never going to Highbury.
    Never seeing them in person(yet, because I will go to Emirates staduim!)

7. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    -losing all of my pictures from my last trip to Highbury due to a failure to regularly backup my computer

-missing out on the stadium tour the past 3 times in London (damn AGM and "in lieu of Boxing Day" day off)

-6:30 am weekend games

-being "like an American" and deciding to distance myself from soccer in the late 90s and thus missing some great years

-not having discovered Gingers and FSC earlier

8. ScottyUS

ScottyUS Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Southern, NJ Shore
    Not many, for me. Of course, being able to see them more and be at Highbury more as it would never be enough.

But if I don't get to Highbury this year again, I will have one HUGE regret: not seeing a goal there. I went to the Brum game in our unbeaten season, and while the vibe was incredible, it was a goalless draw!

9. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Not seeing them more when I lived there the last Double year, especially the FA Cup Final versus Chelsea.

10. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    Not many for me either.

Another vote for not discovering Arsenal until later in life.

4:30 a.m. saturday morning kickoffs

Not having enough Arsenal games broadcast live on FSC.

Only getting to Highbury on the ArseAm trip two years ago.

That FSC has ManU and Chelski supporters as their main people reporting on the evening report and Chelski and Liverpool supporters on Fox Football Friday.

Living 5,278 miles from London.

11. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't regret that, I just think it sucks as those guys are wankers. I can't watch the damn show because I can't stand them.

12. xdanx

xdanx Member

Aug 12, 2004
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am with you on that one, I can stand watching the report...but I cannot watch those two clowns. Its not even like I am trying to do it as a boycott or based on some moral purpose I just think they are stupid c**ts. The liverpool guy doesn't seem as bad as the other guy but not quite good enough to think that they deserve their own show.

On a side note I did realize yesterday that I have never met a manchester supporter that I can stand. And now that I think about it now, I have never met a chelsea supporter who even knows who zola is.

13. GunnerOToole

GunnerOToole New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    I have stopped watching as Steve is just a pain. Nick is OK. And the call-ins are just aweful. These guys need to listen to Mike & the Mad Dog on WFAN on how to do call-ins the right way.

14. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    Spending too much time on this lame forum.

The five million and one times I've accidentially spoiled non-live match results by forgetting to change my home page.

15. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the pool guy is tolerable, for about 5 minutes. But when he gets going with the fcuking Chav, it is over. And the damn callers are so lame. "Uh, hi, love the show. Anyway, I live in Ohio and we love soccer. Do you you think Beckham will remain England's captain?" FCUK!!!!

16. The Grimster

The Grimster Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Edmonton
    I regret waiting until Mourinho was at Chelsea for two months before I realised there was a mute button on my TV remote!

17. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    same here, the time I spent on the phone to the insurance company trying to get them to believe that the TV had somehow wrenched itself off it's stand, and launched itself through the window for the 3rd time that month, was ridiculous. They're just sooo suspicious...

18. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've seen that chelsea guy at Nevada Smiths a couple of time with his chav$ki posse treating him like god.

19. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    - having to watch FSC for football, because that truly is a third rate channel.

I honestly don't know why they just cut their losses and pipe in Sky. MLS is craaaaaap, and FSC's "original" programming is truly abdominable. I've seen high school news done more professionally than Fox Sports World Report.

20. NYCgooner

NYCgooner New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    wow - that's ridiculous. guy was class.

21. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    My biggest regret is not having followed Arsenal sooner than 2001. I hate the very possibility that I could be labelled a glory hunter. The truth is, I caught the Champions League Match Tracker on uefa.com and saw a team called Arsenal. I thought the name sounded cool, so I followed the game. I did my homework and read everything I could about them (I was a receptionist; I had nothing better to do), and it just snowballed from there. :D Another thing I regret is not hearing back from anyone about my Arsenal America membership; I'm paid up, but I can't log in. :(

22. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I swear to god, every time I watch the FSW Report, it sounds like they get their copy from Soccernet. I've heard things repeated on that show nearly verbatim that I read earlier that morning online. :/ As for FFF, you would think they could've found two better people if they were looking for "random British guys" to do the show. I used to make time for that show and record it if I couldn't make it; I don't think I've watched it once this season. The fact that they're relatively Galaxy-friendly too, like everyone else at FSC, pisses me off the most; don't they have a bunch of Galaxhite crap in their new "studio/pub" thing?

23. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle

What I really want to know is how, in the english language, can you get Highberry out of Highbury. EVERY F***ING WEEK.

And for the love of god Fox needs to stop making their own lineup shots, they're right (every player playing in the right position, right formation, players names spelled correctly) about 5% of the time, Troure anyone? They've only been doing this the last two years, it was much better when they used the English feed lineup graphics and just talked over it. Though frankly, they should just take the complete English feed with all pregame audio as well. Then we wouldn't have to hear HIGHBERRY anymore.

24. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the Villa match, I looked over the lineup, then the first 3 people to touch the ball for Arsenal were not listed in the lineup. :confused: :rolleyes:

25. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    One more regret, that when faced with the choice of an Overmars or Bergkamp away kit I chose Overmars. I got to wear it one whole year.