Things to Do in Denver?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Bigpapa42, Jul 8, 2005.

1. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where have you been Hosscat? Have you been to a game this year?

2. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    I've only been able to make it to 2 games this season, but I don't think I've been missing a lot!

3. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    More than you expect, if you live in a city like Regina like I do. There's a decent enough nightlife. Its not great but its not horrible either.

4. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Just an update - it now sounds as if we are going to have to go through Salt Lake City before Denver. Which means more driving and less time in the city. Out of my control, though.

5. Adidas4Life

Adidas4Life Member

May 9, 2005
    Well since you'll be driving eastbound on I-70 from UT, then I'd highly recommned a stop in Vail for some whitewater rafting, cycling, shopping, and good eats for at least half a day. Personally, unless you really enjoy baseball, I'd shine on the Rockies game as they are bottowdewellers this season. Better 3hrs spent checking out Red Rocks, LoDo, or Boulder for that matter.

Another thread to consider, what not to do in Denver??

6. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    The Rockies are pretty awful this year, strictly a AAA team trying to compete in the major leagues but I believe our Canadian friend would love to see the stadium. It's a pretty classy place and they go out of their way to make the experience first rate. I hope that Fat Tire Park in Commerce City is half as good.

7. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The Rockies game is mainly because none of us have been to an MLB game. Realizing the Rockies aren't great this season, its still something I'd like to take in.

8. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    Rockies game- Make sure to try the Lemon Squishy (I'd sneak some vodka in for this one) and the Tornadough.

9. macdco

macdco New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Boulder
    Brilliant! I know the brewmaster and his family are HUGE soccer fans, so why not? Of course, as your typical Europeans, I don't think they really have an interest in the MLS.

We now return to the thread already in progress...

10. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Hopefully soon, but more than likely not for a few months...

11. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt New Belgium will splash the cash for this kind of sponsorship. I'd be happy if they serve Fat Tire at the stadium.