Things that cause Global Warming

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by FeverNova1, Aug 10, 2007.

1. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
  2. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    What number was private jets again?

3. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Jets are never an issue. A candle burning, on the other hand, is quite destructive to the environ.

4. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why, despite the fact that I agree reducing carbon output is a positive good, I will start to act like it is a crisis when the people claiming it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.

5. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why Dhimmicrats are indifferent to Arab agression towards Israel, it's good for the environment!

6. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Oh man I'm SO embarrassed! :eek:

Seems Indonesia has planted trees to gobble up all that CO2 generated.

My bad :rolleyes:

7. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, because there'd never be a reason to plant trees and ask people to fly commercial, or to teleconference.

They should only "offset" the carbon caused by the excess of wealthy do-gooders and not try and "offset" normal everyday carbon emissions, which as we know will end all humanity if we don't do something to stop it.

8. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Man, I agree with you on this. It's really absurd. I'm happy that they planted the trees and everything, but private planes are the epitome of wastefulness. Is flying first class really so much of a burden?

9. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Well they'd better plant more, Indonesia has a deplorable environmental record and leads the world in deforestization. It is pretty sad the UN is even holding global warming talks there.

10. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bo, I have said this before and will continue to say it. While I agree that reducing carbon emmissions is a positive good in its own right, I will starting believing this is a crisis when the people telling me it is a crisis start acting like it is a crisis.

11. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    From the link:

So of course someone ELSE has to pay for it.

12. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    It only gets worse:

10,000 people jetting into a conference to do nothing but generate a report and say 'harumpf' to each other? I picked the wrong career.

14. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PJ O'Rourke, commenting on the Rio environmental conference in 1992, thought the real purpose of such conferences is to allow Third World politicans to ride in motorcades and feel important -- normally the only time they get such treatment is when being driven to their execution after a coup.

15. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I could be wrong, but I think that's why God hates divorce. It's bad for the environment.

16. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I can't believe this! This was going to be one of my carbon offset companies. Do these stupid bird-huggers not understand that the migratory birds are doomed anyway if we don’t do something about global warming?

I guess its back to child labor in India. It’s cheaper and no one really cares.

17. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Global Warming Foolishness

Pope Benedict XVI has weighed in on the issue; stomping the Goracle's foolishness and issuing wise counsel on the issue...

"Pope Benedict XVI has launched a surprise attack on climate change prophets of doom, warning them that any solutions to global warming must be based on firm evidence and not on dubious ideology. The leader of more than a billion Roman Catholics suggested that fears over man-made emissions melting the ice caps and causing a wave of unprecedented disasters were nothing more than scare-mongering. The German-born Pontiff said that while some concerns may be valid it was vital that the international community based its policies on science rather than the dogma of the environmentalist movement… “It is important for assessments in this regard to be carried out prudently, in dialogue with experts and people of wisdom, uninhibited by ideological pressure to draw hasty conclusions, and above all with the aim of reaching agreement on a model of sustainable development capable of ensuring the well-being of all while respecting environmental balances."

God bless...

18. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Consensus. The debate is over.

Open letter to the UN:

List of signatories.

Oh, wait. Timothy Ball is on there so the whole thing doesn't count.

Nevermind.

20. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Kyoto Shmoto:

21. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    But considering that the US were allready poluting far more per person thn just about any oter country that is hardly anything to be proud of.

22. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    We also contribute more per person to the global economy so yeah, that is something to be proud of.

23. Matt12

Matt12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Trondheim
    Club:
    Rosenborg BK
    I fail to see how that has anything to do with limiting polusion.

i mean is your argument we are richer so shud be allowed to polute more ?

24. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Not what I said, so try again. But even so take a look at the numbers for the signatories of Kyoto and tell me where they are in relation to '97 and tell me whether they have met their number.

Quick question. China now emits more CO2 than the US but with a population about three times more than the US, their 'per person' number will be much lower. Does that give them a free ride?

Of course China will never sign anything like Kyoto anyway, so it is in fact a trick question.