Things should be different in 2010

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by blue_eyes_are_mine, Oct 19, 2004.

1. blue_eyes_are_mine

Oct 19, 2004
    World Cup will be held in Africa in 2010.
    So in 2010, Asia South America and North America should get another extra berth for World Cup, and Europe should have less berths.
    According to modern football trends, European football is going down.
    6 European teams out of 15 teams have been eliminated in the group stage in 2002, so in 2010, there should be less berths to Europe.
    10 berths is actually enough for Europe

2. mrtandy

mrtandy Member

Oxford United
    England
    Mar 12, 2003
    Banbury,Oxfordshire.
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Africa will probably have one more Team due to being the host Continent, other then that I dought there will be any other changes.

3. Forza AZ

Forza AZ New Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Alkmaar
    Europe should get back some spots that have been taken away lately.

The Asian team only performed well last time because they were hosts.

4. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ
    if anything europe should gain spots. there are always good teams left out from europe that are better than the asian teams.
    but its reasonably fair the way things are now.

5. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh

WOW, what a 1st post. You're obviously talking utter shite.

Yes, let's let North Korea, Iran, Mali, Ivory Coast and Outer Mongolia in and let's kick out Czech Republic, Greece, Sweden, Turkey and Portugal.

Din'nae be daft!

6. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    There always are at least 2, sometimes more, European teams in the WC Semi-Finals and usually 5+ in the Quarter-Finals, and European football is going down?

Ehhhhhh....? Going down where? What does going down mean? And what are these modern trends of which you speak? Ones you made up? Or did you read about them on some anti-European conspiracy website that is known only to you and you family? I think we deserve to know about these trends, as they obviously are rewriting the football status quo. Can I buy one of these trends or are they free?

Just because you can write in semi-intelligible English doesn't mean your post makes any sense.

7. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So..., you're saying that, when the whole field gets cut in half from 32 teams to 16 teams, and Europe's representation goes from 15 teams out of 32 to 9 out of 16, from less than half to more than half, based not on allocations but on actual competition... that's going down?

Hmmm. I thought he was a Korean sockpuppet when I first read his post. But thanks to the quality of their primary and secondary education, Koreans tend to be at least competent when it comes to basic mathematics, so my guess is he's a wind-up "artist" pretending, quite badly, to be Korean.

Luckily, judging by the quality of the post, he'll probably forget his password and will never be heard from again.

8. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be very differnt.

Because South Africa is in the Southern hemisphere, the Coriolis effect will cause the ball to spin in the opposite direction. This is prehaps the major reason that Argentine and Brazilian players do so well in Europe.

9. DjTannerr

DjTannerr Member

Dec 3, 1999
    New York/Milwaukee,WI
    For reference, this is 2006:
    Africa - 5
    Asia - 4.5 (N. America)
    Europe - 13 (14 with Germany)
    N. America - 3.5 (Asia)
    Oceania - .5 (S. America)
    S. America - 4.5 (Oceania)

right?

CAF is equal with Conmebol and AFC has more than the South American, yet, Conmebol has won more than half of the World Cups, right? And only Europe has won otherwise.

I can see Africa getting 5 for 2010, but normally.... I don't know.

The 1/2 team seems kind of whack, but it allows for discrepancies in current region quality. Another alternative, probably worse alternative, is a miny bottom-feeders tounrament. Asia and N. America get a chance to include more teams with the 1/2 teams.

But in any case, berths should definitely be based on soccer skill, not population or # of countries. It provides for more entertaining soccer.

10. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    That really should not be the criteria, or even be considered. What the main thing to look at is, who misses out. Every single tournament, Europe leaves out a good few teams who could easily compete at the Finals. Can you really say the same for Africa, Asia etc?

11. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

LOL! :D

12. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Iran can beat all those teams. Don't you ever put us in the same class as a team like north korea which we have beaten 11 times without losing even once and our gd against em is +17. Mali Ivory coast and mongolia are even bigger jokes. Iran beat ukrian in ukrain so they can beat czech republic which plays a similar style, iran schooled macdonia so they can beat greece, iran beat denmark so they can beat sweden, iran has beaten turkey 8-0 a couple of decades back so they can do it again, iran has schooled portugal in futsal so they can do the same in football.... :D ok kiddings aside what im trying to say is putting iran which is the best team in asia at the moment (if you doubt that check out what is being said in the asian forum every now and then) and have the best players in asia(this is a fact) is disrespectful. you sir are gonna get a neg rep from the great tiger I hope that makes you learn your lesson!

13. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Trollometer:

----------------v---------------------------------------
    <==weak==trite==old==dangerous==inflamatory==WMD==>

14. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Sorry tiger.:(

You should take it as a complement, I'll describe my reasoning to you. I wanted to put two Asian teams in, it could not have been somebody who qualified for the last WC and N.Korea came into my head because they're nutjob commies, I couldn't really think of any other team apart from Iran (who I know from WCs) and Bahrain (who beat Scotland in the 1990 Youth WC) and I picked Iran because it's easier to spell.:D

In all seriousness, I doubt Iran are as good as Czech Republic etc but I will admit that they are much better than the joke teams that I mentioned.

15. ferx203

ferx203 Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Chile
    Possible Automatic System.

32 places of World Cup 2006.
    - 4 worst teams of WC 2006.
    ---
    28 direct places for WC 2010.

+ 1 Host (South Africa)
    + 3 Playoff Places (1 team by confederation, 3 couples by draw).
    ---
    32 places for WC 2010.

----------

- Playoffs by draw eliminates the problem of to decide inter-confederation matches.
    - Eliminates the worst 4 places changes the distribution every World Cup.
    - End of discussions about confederation places. Better results obtains additional places.