Things I Miss About The Rose Bowl

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Topper, Oct 22, 2003.

1. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the plus side, the food is queality and served buffet style all-you-can eat. Drinks, however, (even soft drinks) are pretty expensive.

It is NOT a place I would want to watch the game from. The window booths are pretty cramped. Many sit 6, and if you are away from the window you can hardly see the pitch. Even if you are close to the window, you are sitting at 90 degrees to the action, and because of the curvature of the club, a lot is happening behind your back or over your shoulder. Its like trying to turn and look over your shoulder while driving backwards.

Best bets: If you want to try it, go to the pre-game seating at 5:30 for the 7:00 pm kickoff. Eat in comfort, look at the trophies, soak up the atmosphere and be in your seat for the start of the game. OR, go up after the game and hang around the bar. About half an hour post game many of the players come up and mingle with the fans. You will pay for a couple of over-priced drinks, but its a lot cheaper than eating there.

BTW: They do have plans to open the club as a regular off-the-menu restaurant during the off season. No idea about prices or what you will see going on down on the pitch, but it may be a great way to show off our grounds to someone visiting. No idea how it will be priced or when it starts. Not limited to Club Seat members either as I understand.