Things Are Heating Up....Summer Transfers On Their Way!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Feb 17, 2018.

1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RAI is claiming that Sturaro and Marchisio are not part of Juve’s future plans. Both are expected to leave the club in the summer.

3. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Well...with Claudio, that is a shame. Another Club Immortal about to bite the dust.

With the kind of injury he had, it often takes a full season the recover and the player doesn't play back to "normal" until the second season he is back. I think there is a good chance that if given time he could return next year to something closer to what he was before.

However at his age, maybe not.

My problem is it may not just be the injury. Max seems to be treating him the way he treated Pirlo at Milan after he came off his own injury. This is a bit disconcerting, because Marchisio deserves better treatment from the club than that. Max has had problems with veteran players here and at Milan and this is starting to look like another one of those situations.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  4. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Its crazy we gave Asamoah 3 years to fully recover but can't do the dame for a club legend who at his best is absolutely world class.

thinredline10 repped this.
  5. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Juve should go for Bryan Cristante who is lighting it up this year with 10 goals and 2 assists.

If Max is serious about getting technical players he will do it, but it seems he wants everything to go thru Pjanic.

6. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    It really is a very negative feeling that is produced from this situation. It honestly feels worse then the new logo change to me.

Fabinho will not stay here for the rest of his career, he will use Juve as a ladder and Emre Can will do the exact same thing.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What is there to market with a North Korean?

NicktheGreek and juventino13 repped this.
  9. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    One the pregame for today's cl... they said Roma will have to sell Pelligrini and Unger to be within Fifa Fair play rules.

I am not posting this to say we should get them, but wondering if any one else thinks that FFP is a farce designed to keep teams "in their place".

Why is that United can go drop 150-200 million every year? Is it because they sell excess jerseys to third worlders all over the world and because they are benefactors of a unfair tv rights deal?

Is Romas only oppurtunity to compete to sell the club to some Rothschild heir who has the capital to endure a long haul growing campaign in which the owner will lose a lot of money trying to do... I find it offensive that a 3rd rate serie A team is going to be forced to sell their new younger unestablished stars... how will they ever be able to compete again.So basically, the Serie A table will never change again at this rate unless Napoli or Juve self destruct and every year will be the same.

Also.... apparently Mino is shopping Pogba so he can have leverage against Mou but no one wants him.

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Because they make hundreds of millions in revenue. You don't know how FFP works, look it up

11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    FFP is a joke. It was always designed to keep the Big Boys big and everyone else out of the "club".

So far it has worked. PSG is the only upstart that has joined since it went into effect and even they have to deal with these redic rules.

12. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I am not talking about the system in which it works, I am talking about the ramifications of the system.

13. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Now that nearly two seasons have past since Juve sold Pogba and brought in Pjanic plus Higuain, would you have preferred to keep Pogba instead?

Pogba has been very average especially of late whereas Higuain has contributed 50+ goals. Pjanic's output alone has been consistently better.

The jokes at the time were that United ripped off Juve. Unless Pogba materially improves, he isn't worth 70m now.

Juve have missed Vidal much more. Unsurprisingly he has been very good for Bayern. 40m has been good value for them.

Although I like Morata more, his price tag was massively inflated. Thankfully Juve didn't spend 70m+ trying to bring him back.

14. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    NO. NEVER.

I will be absolutely OUTRAGED if we sign Han. I do not want us to have any kind of association with that diabolically evil regime.

Never have I considered not watching football, but if we sign him, and he still has contacts with his home country (which he does and will continue to have), then I will stop watching football all together. And I'm being utterly serious.

If he is going to represent the "Democratic People's Republic of Korea" (I want to vomit just typing such patent bullshit) then he's going to have minders at least some of the time, if doesn't already (and it's almost certain that he does and has had them all of his life). Not only he himself, but all of his family back in his home country, could be radically affected by the decisions not only of the player, but also by the club, should we sign him.

And when I say radically affected, I mean that entire generations of his family can and will wind up in a concentration camp if he displeases that regime in any way. The Kim "dynasty's" contribution to 20th (now 21st) century barbarism is that not only will they throw individuals into Gulags for decades, but they will throw every single member of their family and extended family, generations (parents, siblings, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc, etc) guilty or innocent (especially innocent) in there with them. This is evil on scale that even Joseph Stalin couldn't imagine.

If he wants to defect and get his family out, then by all means, I would support whatever the club could do for him (LOL that will never happen). But short of that, I don't want us tainted by any of this, ever, even if it's only by association.

ArtemioD repped this.
  15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CorSera: Juve are monitoring the situation of Florenzi at Roma. The player is asking for €4 million a year to sign a new contract with Roma. He earns €2 million a year now and his contract expires in June 2019. Juve tried to sign the player two years ago.

Asamoah’s agent, Federico Pastorello, has offered his client to Inter and Milan.

Juve and Napoli are interested in Toulouse goalkeeper Alban Lafont.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Everything I predicted that Mou would do to Pogba has come true. Pogs is also a contributor to this, though, since he went for the money and the fame instead of for where he could become the best footballer he could be. Which would have meant staying where he was.

i still think Adi had a LOT to say about that transfer. That is bad when they are OUR sponsor also.

Vidal was gone for non-footballing reasons. His 2 crashed Ferraris and numerous drinking violations showed him the door, not his play On the field. Same with Caceres.

Anyway, according to Marotta, we didn't have to sell Pogs to finance Pipita and Pjanic, so if he can be believed it is a bit of a false choice. I would rather have Pogba and Matuidi flanking Pjanic than what we have now.

Plus the real disaster was giving away Coman. Esp. now Max is using a 4-3-3 and we need wingers. Kid was a steal for Munchen and they owe us one now.

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I like Florenzi. His speed, attacking ability and tactical versatility is something Mad Max can exploit.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve are going to sign Douglas Costa on a permanent basis for a fee of €40 million.

19. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Its not fair to evalute Paul to be honest. He has been forced to play as a creative defensive midfielder and always gets the benefit of the doubt, so he has gotten lazy and hardly plays defense.

that entire team is underperforming, Alexis Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial, Valencia, Mata, etc... they all look dysfunctional and do not really play together as a team. The formations do not work and the players are tired of it, it looks like they are throwing the season to get Mou fired.

If Paul went to chelsea and had a unforgiving coach like Conte who held him accountable and motivated him, his output would double. But Mou is just letting him do whatever out there.

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yikes

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was the already agreed upon price.

22. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    This was more an interesting question since Juve stressed that Pogba's sale wasn't necessary.

There is no way I'd go with Pogba over those two. The combined production of just one of them has been better than Pogba. In seeing his development, I'd sell him for that price all over again.

Coman was probably sold for 10-20m less than his current value. Then again, Juve did make 30m on a free transfer. PSG were the big losers. Also, if Costa and Berna started consistently as Coman has, they would both be as productive. Juve don't miss him on the field like they do Vidal.

Bayern definitely did well with Coman. The best buy is Dybala for 40m. That's now about 110m less than his current value.

juveeer repped this.
  23. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Pogbas ceiling is twice as high as Pjanic and Higuain.

24. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I understand he might become a WC player, but since he left Juve Pogba has been very average. He can't play in a two man midfield. He isn't a goal threat. He is awful defensively unless asked to cover gaps like he did at LCM/LM.

At least right now, he isn't a better player than Pjanic or Higuain.

Pogba isn't as good a distributor or creator as Pjanic. He isn't as good at pressing as Matuidi. He can't dribble like Modric. He isn't even close to the player prime Vidal was who is still a beast defensively. As he is showing at United and also at the beginning of the 2015/16 season, Pogba isn't a player to carry a team. He needs ideal conditions to thrive.

Plus, Pogba isn't some young prospect anymore since he is about to turn 25. At Juve he was on the verge of becoming a WC player. Unless something changes, I'm not sure you can say that in this moment.

Dante repped this.
  25. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I really hope Dybala pays attention to how a player can derail their development by going for money and fame.

At Juve young players aren't depended upon. The pressure is on the experienced members of the squad. Pogba left a platform like that to go to a club that has been in constant turmoil since Fergie left.

With his agent shopping him around, Juve should put in a cheeky Marotta special of a loan with a 50m option to buy.

soji22 and juveeer repped this.