Thierry, Ronny, Shev up for award

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by fedwood, Nov 29, 2004.

1. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Here

like most poeople ahve been saying all along the 3 up for world player of the year are Henry, Ronaldinho and Shevchenko unsurprisingly

i think Shevchenko gets it

2. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Thierry was Robbed last year.

Ronaldinho will win it.

3. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Personally I agree. I think Ronaldinho will win it this year as well, he is playing out of this world and can do things with a football i can only dream of.

4. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ronaldinho, definitely. Unfortunately I put Henry at third of those three at the moment.

5. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    dont u think the fact Shevchenko is single handedly winning Milan nearly all their games and has scored all of their UCL goals this season
    and scored the winner of the 2003 UCL final and scored a bunch in the tournament as well

like ive said before i think he will win it and if Barca win La Liga then Ronaldinho gets it next time

6. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    Well Henry's up there again - if Shev gets it then international performances isn't an issue therefore Henry has a good chance, both score goals though Henry may have a better all-round game. Gaucho isn't prolific,yet, but wot can u say...absolute diamond geezer. ;)

7. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Henry has had a poor international run this year, and is hardly working much magic as of late for us..compared to his top form

Id LIKE to see Shevchenko win it. I SUSPECT the brazilian will nab it though.

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

But Shev's European performances and the fact that he plays for the Ukraine certainly aid his bid in that respect.

Gaucho will probably win it, but I don't think he deserves it any more than Sheva or Deco who won a trebble and came 2nd in Euro - I think he should have been in the 3 but you can't really complain about this 3 man select. Congrats to Arsenal for having Henry in the running again... top player that guy.

9. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    I was thinking more of how he's played 4 his country ( Henry tends 2 get critisized on the international stage and is used as an argument against receiving the Honcho status).

I've a sneaky feeling Henry will get the tipperillo becos he's ripped up some trees over the last 3 years and deserves summit.
    :cool:

10. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think Ronaldinho will win it. Sheva second, TH14 third.

11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sheva will win it. If you look at his goal total in a VERY low scoring DEFENSIVE minded league, you have to believe that is extremely impressive.

I love Dinho and of course (THE UNBELIEVABLE....TH14) and will still be thrilled with anyone of them landing this award! But I'm being different and going with Sheva.

12. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Shevenko has a lot of quality players behind him at AC Milan, Its not just him winning their games.

Thats wrong, I dont even fallow AC Milan that much but I know that Sedorf and Kaka have scored a couple.

He took the last penalty shot and scored it., anyone could of did that. And it was Thomasson that saved AC Milan in the dying seconds against Ajax in the CL.

Serie A was not so DEFENSIVE last year, so that really puts Sheva's goal scoring record into perspective.

Ronnie deserves the Award, I cant think of one player that has done more for his club this year. He is probibly one of the only players in the world right now that can win a game on his own.

When this thread first came out, I knew it would be between Sheva, Ronnie, and Henry. Im going to say Henry undeservingly wins this and Ronnie comes in 2nd. Shevchenko will win the Ballon D'Or.

13. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I think Ronnie wins it, both for his play with Barca, but also because when he plays for Brazil, he plays well, unlike Henry for France, and better than Sheva for Ukraine.

Henry should have won last year, and will have to wait at least another year. Sheva if he keeps playing like he has in the past 4 months will win next year, but he was absent from a number of Milan games last season.

14. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    I think the selection so far is bullsh!t. This isn't about best striker. It is about best player.
    Why is that, it is always a forward. Puyol is my best player this year. He guided Barca last season almost from relegation to second and they are now leading La Liga!

15. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Did you miss all of La Liga last year? Ronnie did that.

16. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the three choices because I don't think you can go too wrong.

Yes they're all attackers, but since the death of the libero most of the most talented players gravitate toward an attacking role sole its only natural that they will stand out.

I'd pick Ronaldinho but the other two would be excellent choices too. No bizarre finalists this year, thankfully.

17. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Barca were pure and unmitigated crap until they borrowed Edgar Davids. Ronnie's a great player who did some wonderful things but Barca may have finished in the bottom half of the table if it weren't for Davids.

18. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    You are right! Without solid defense. Ronaldinho wouldn't be a factor. Look at Real Madrid. Good strikers and good midfielders.They even have a better keeper than Barca. But their defense is made of an egg shell.