They stole the elections

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Microwave, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    I am trying to be as gracious as the democrats were when they got their asses handed to them several times over the past decade.

So to Bojendyk, any others who lurk here, I'd like to say a few things:

1- you stole the election and I have no evidence, just a bunch of links to obscure websites and an article in rolling stone.

2- you intimidated poor whites from voting, again, the DOJ investigated and found no evidence of voter intimidation but I'm sticking to it - because you guys keep crying about it even though there is no evidence of it being true.

3- gay marriage.

4- Americans are nuanced enough. A bunch of uneducated redneck hicks should not be allowed to vote, and by uneducated redneck hicks I mean superdave, gringotex and chris m. Those three buffoons are the children that got left behind before Bush became president.

I just want to say that Vince Foster is turning over in his grave after this election and so is Monica Lewinsky. I hope you liberals do better in the congress and senate than the republicans did. Just try not to quadrouple my taxes and legalize beastiality. Thank you and god bless.

edit: The ACLU wants me to strike that last sentence so please disregard it.

2. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You're still going to hang around in here talking to yourself, ted?

3. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :(

Yeah... all the leftists won last night...even Daniel Ortega won... a complete leftist liberal coup... a bad night for America...

The only good thing in yesterday's results that I can see is that hopefully, by letting the leftist liberals win now, America will see their true colors by the 2008 election to return to normalcy then...

4. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I'm feeling happy as a cloud this morning, so I'm not going to hunt down all of those extremely arrogant, condescending comments made by conservatives in the past few years. You remember them, right? They typically included the expression: "THAT'S WHY YOU LOST AND WHY YOU WILL KEEP LOSING ELECTIONS!!!!"

Hubris: it's what's for breakfast.

5. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

your mom reads my blog and that's all that matters.

6. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    The worst part of it is that now, Rahm Emmanuel is being lauded as the genius behind it all. Blarf.

7. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    This reminds me of the old joke about the football team that won in the final seconds after their opponents went home at halftime.

I can tolerate a little abuse from someone who can't distinguish between Dr. Laura and Laura Ingraham.

8. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

See unlike you idiots I know why the republicans lost and won't deny it. You can't go starting expensive wars that kills a bunch of people with seemingly no plan to get out or make things better, get caught in a bunch of scandals and not do a damn thing to please fiscal conservatives in over 2 years. The Republican congress was awful. I did not and would not vote for them.

Now, are you going to admit that most americans reject your crazy leftist ways and this was more of a referendum on Bush? It was alot of anti-gay marriage democrats who picked up seats, it was not a bunch of pelosi's winning last night.

It was good to get the republicans out of power but it's not like we will have universal health care, free abortions at mcdonalds with all happy meals, immediate pullout of iraq, barney frank themed gay discos on every street corner, and everything else you want.

By the way, will you please admit that John Conyers is a horrible human being and if it were not for the city of detroit, he would have been gone long ago? Thanks.

9. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I’m feeling good also. I’m excited to find out what the secret plan is for Iraq. I’m also excited to know that our robust economy will only get better now.

Happy days are here again!

10. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    You silly man: the free abortions won't be available at corporate ogre McDonald's; we'll make them available at the organic produce stand at the farmer's market.

The two things I would like to see are this:

(1) A summit involving all leaders in the middle east plus Bush and Blair. It's ridiculous that we met with Soviet leaders during the ugliest days of the Cold War but have refused to engage with Syria and Iran. Like it or not, those countries play an important role in Iraq.

(2) Tax reform: a good middle-class/lower-class tax cut and reform of the AMT, so that it's indexed to inflation, plus an increase on taxes for the wealthiest persons, capital gains, and estates over a certain size. (And I don't want to hear this "double taxation" nonsense with regard to the estate tax; inheritors have never paid a dime on the money they inherit.)

11. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I told you...

Hold your wallets guys...

12. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    That's not accurate, but the inheritors DO get the benefit of the step up basis, which no one really talks about.

I'm sure Anthony knows FAR more about this than I do.

13. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    That's the plan?!? I thought you guys wanted to pull out of Iraq (which I know you won't do).

14. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I'm sure you're right, but what do you mean by "step-up basis"?

15. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the Frequency GringoTex?

16. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really -- I try to avoid estate tax issues.

However:

1. There is a step up in basis, usually the value at death (or 6 months after death).

2. Estate taxes are based on a higher tax rate than capital gains. With the credit, estate taxes rates are from 49% (for taxable estates over $2M) to 55% (for taxable estates over $3M). The capital gains rate is 5% or 15%.

3. Neither the estate tax nor the income tax takes inflation into account when taxing the gain on the property.

4. The original purpose of the estate tax was not to raise revenue but force older wealthier people to get rid of property.

5. The estate tax is a huge boon to the life insurance industry (of which I guess I am a part). Life insurance is often purchased to pay estate taxes.

If we were running surpluses, I would get rid of the tax. I think it has a way of sneaking up on people of relatively modest means who own a house, some property, or a small business. However, given the fact Medicare Part D is now expected to cost $1.2 TRILLION over the next 10 years, I cannot justify cutting taxes.

17. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Anthony, what do you think about Peraica's allegations? I have to confess that I haven't been following the local races that closely, so I can't tell whether he has a legitimate complaint or whether it's sour grapes.

To clue the others in: Tony Peraica was the only Republican I voted for in this election. He ran for Cook County Board President against the "incumbent" Todd Stroger, who only attained his position via naked nepotism.

18. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not sure. I voted early, and there were no lines and no problems were I was. However, the votes stopped being counted last night. It sounds like a technical gliche, but channel 7 was interviewing the Cook County Election commissioner who could not explain what was going on. Even though the ballots are (mostly) paper, the results are tabulated electronically and sent by some sort of cellular transmission. Except the votes were not getting received.

Also, the paper ballots needed special pens and they ran out of the pens (cannot someone just develop a paper ballot that requires a nice "X" and be done with it).

And also -- it IS Cook County and Chicago.

In any event, I figure the only choice here is between the Daley Machine (somewhat corrupt) and liberal reformers (somewhat inept). Did you know the last GOP mayor was in Big Bill Thompson who lost in 1931?

19. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Interesting. I'll be interested to read what develops.

Another thing that interests me: a while back, Katherine Harris promised to write a book about the campaign, and she indicated that her book would be none too kind to the people who she feels betrayed her. I will be *really* interested to hear what kind of dirt she has to dish.

20. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off -- the Bush family (Jeb apparently told her not to run).

What I don't get is what happened here. I mean, the Florida GOP held the governorship. They even almost held onto Foley's seat. Why couldn't they find a better Senate candidate?

21. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I'm assuming that her popularity after 2000 blinded them to the fact that she was clearly insane. But you're right: she was probably the most controversial figure that the Florida GOP could have fielded. Even without her public meltdown, her face would still be associated with butterfly ballots and purges of the voter rolls.

We all know of Karl Rove's long and storied history of unfair play. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be great if she had Florida shenanigans to expose.

22. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Insanity" is a relative term in FL.

23. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Oh, well I am sorry to have the nerve to bring up the "nonsense" Bo, but some just think its a little silly to have to pay multiple taxes on the same amount of money, simply b/c you were successfully enough to fall into a certain category and have investment options.

Once initially taxed, that should be it. And yes, unfortuantely, that means it even goes for the Paris Hiltons of the world.

24. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I'd argue with you, but I'm too gleeful right now: Rumsfeld has announced that he's stepping down.

25. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that wins your war? You forget about the terrorists? Those guys killing our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan? Remember them?