They don't even have a team, and I already hate the St. Louis United fans

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Lineman, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Lineman

Lineman Member

May 31, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh, you have no clue how much potential a chant about Mrs. O'Leary's Car has... no clue what so ever.

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be careful you don't mistake hate for pity.

3. Lineman

Lineman Member

May 31, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good point. I shouldn't be so judgmental, especially since I just transferred out of the Metro East area. I know they can't help themselves sometimes, so I'll try to be more charitable. After all, there but for the grace of the US AirForce would I still be.

4. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we could always get our revenge by making up some kind of chant about their golden arches!

5. moddyg

moddyg New Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Clinton IL
    they seriously need to force IQ tests on anyone trying to rent "Green St. Hooligans", "Football Factory", etc......why Americans would be fascinated with an element of society that other countries can't stand in their own citizens is beyond me. GET THIS, ST.LOUIS FANS--YOU ARE CHAVS. Go look it up in your English to English dictionary.

If any of you St Louis kids want to join in, I've prepared a primer for you. It's got 12 Steps, but don't worry, this isn't AA.

(This also works for TFC fans, just add "Ay" to the end of sentences)

Step 1. Buy Guinness bar towel to sew onto the back of your flight jacket.

Step 2. Shave head, glue hair to sides of your face.

Step 3. "Follow" West Ham, Leeds, Millwall, Chavski, or ManUre.

Step 4. Affect English/Scottish/Irish accent

Step 5. Say Oi as much as possible, whether it be greeting or goodbye

Step 6. Call people "Guvnor"

Step 7. Attend as many matches as possible without watching any actual gameplay.

Step 8. Be sure to refer to all females as "birds", because it's not offensive AT ALL

Step 9. Wear kits of players and teams you've never heard of

Step 10. Hate "Argies" because they once won a match on a handball from some guy named Marijuana, nevermind the fact the USA is your actual home team and the OTHER goal he scored was the finest goal ever seen, and I do mean EVER.

Step 11. When all this is over, you can grow out your hair into a pompadour and become a rockabilly hero, trading in your Doc's for cowboy boots, your flight for a leather, and your OI! Chartbusters CDs for some Social D.

Step 12. Try to drink away the shame of being a tool among tools.:eek:

6. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    McDonald's rocks! :confused:

7. firefan96

firefan96 New Member

Sep 13, 2006

Anyone suggesting that St. Louis soccer fans needs a soccer I.Q. test, actually may need one themselves. If there is a city in the U.S. that understands and breeds good stock of players more than anywhere else, it's St. Louis. It's a Catholic thing. In my humble opinion, it's a farce that St. Louis has been denied an MLS franchise since the league's inception. Glad to hopefully be getting one, just not crazy about having one in Illinois side of the river.

8. Lineman

Lineman Member

May 31, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    St. Louis' "denial" had to do with money. The city of St. Louis is notoriously cheap, and would never agree to help finance a soccer-specific stadium. In addition, the MLS is thorough about making sure their owners have the scratch to make it through these first lean years. They do not want to end up like the NASL, which expanded and contracted like an accordion, until it simply fell apart.

9. moddyg

moddyg New Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Clinton IL
    You misunderstood--I said IQ test, meaning intelligence quotient-- The "hooligans" on display at Soldier Field during the friendly were ridiculous and if you really are a fan of football you can't say that element is welcome anywhere.

You can have great players until the cows (or cars?) come home, but it doesn't make you a decent human being.

Witness--your so-called "knowledgeable" fans spent the entire match trying to fight Brazilians, a group of fans not especially known for crowd trouble. Go ahead and deny it, but if you call that being a fan then you're obviously one of the people I was referring to.

If you wonders of football knowledge can watch a match while instigating fights (not to mention that freak that was trying to get into it with the little teenagers) I'll eat Mrs. O'Leary's car.

BTW, if St Louis is such a great place for developing players, why do they all leave? Oh right, because you don't have a club for them to play at. We'll see how many of your local talent stick around when the bigger clubs come calling. I'm guessing you'll be in exactly the same boat as everywhere else--players coming back home when they're almost done with their careers, getting ready to settle down. You're just the same as everyone else, so get over it.

We've lost most if not all of our local talent to overseas clubs, and that's fine--they deserve the shot and I'm happy for them. As a USMNT fan it makes me hopeful for the future. I suffer no delusions that the FIRE or any MLS club is good enough to develop international talent at this time. Someday? Sure, why not -- but not yet.

You would do well for yourselves to curb that element of your fans that wants to start trouble. It doesn't help your club to have people afraid to come to your matches, and if you haven't figured it out yet, the people who fit this image aren't the ones footing the bills for players and stadiums.

Families and ACTUAL fans are the ones who are going to determine whether your club sinks or swims. Guys showing up to start trouble aren't going to be the ones that come to matches when you're already out of contention. They're not going to be the ones that will stick by the team through thick and thin. They're simply band wagoners looking for a laugh and a fight. That doesn't cut it. Get your house in order or your first season may well end up being the last.

10. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    I remember a scene from my first 'D' course taught by this little Czech guy whose name escapes me for the moment. The Illinois U16 Select Team were our guinea pigs that particular day, and were were observing a small sided game. After a run of play, he stopped the game and started yelling in his accented English. "What is this! Every pass is either square to the side or square back. This isn't St. Louis soccer--do things right!"

St. Louis soccer isn't all that. It was big 30 years ago when no one else in the country was playing but not so much now.

11. Super Sting

Super Sting Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Tell that to Tampa Bay, Miami, and San Jose V 1.0.

12. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago

The owners had the money to carry those teams, they just made a business decision that it was best to fold or move them (miami is the exception, although if it looked like a decent investment, Anschutz likely would have stepped in).

13. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    St. Louis who?

End of story.

14. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    The official kit in St. Louis is sweater vests and bad facial hair. Look at the crowd at any Cardinals game.

15. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Please add red shorts w/ leather belts and "muffin top" sidehandles to this description.

16. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, I enjoy that the origin of this thread is based on a typo I made that was immediately addressed in the actual thread.

You guys are scum; get ready to lose to us in soccer just like you have been in baseball for almost a century.

BTW, who said anything about Football Factory and Green Street? I have no desire to emulate that at all... All we want to do is make fun of our potential rivals. Who cares? It's called being fans. If you don't understand that, you don't understand the sport. Arsenal supporters chant "Stand up if you hate Tottenham" at every match; Tottenham supporters return the favor. This happens with every rivalry there is in soccer.

17. Krasny

Krasny Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Chicago West Side
    oh go to hell moron

most rivalries don't have one side making up songs about role-playing games. how lame can you get! are women that awful lookin in st. louis?

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's good to see somebody actually have an intelligent opinion about stuff instead of trying to say "OMGZ IF U HAV SUCH GUD SOCCER PLYRZ, Y DO U NT HAV A TEEM?!"!"! Anybody realizes it has NOTHING to do with that.

Brad Davis has already said to one of his and my friends (that's right, I know him) that he would certainly come back to play here if we got a team. And we are.

19. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the FUCK are you talking about? Seriously, I mean, what are you typing? First of all, the only thing regarding role-playing games on that thread was somebody mentioning how, if we were the Knights, it would sound like a role-playing game for there to be three teams, named Wizards, Knights, and Fire in proximity. Nobody made up a song about it.

You're an idiot.

20. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    [​IMG]

Sam Lakey tailgating at the new Dumbass Park.

:D

21. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    [​IMG]

Its an interesting gimmick, if FIFA will allow it, but youre going to need a really tall keeper.

Either that or your offering to bottom for Illinois.

22. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, this again. We already had to deal with this hilarity on the KC board. It gets funnier every time. But here's the thing; Chicago doesn't have ANY hoosiers! None of them! Zero!

Also, at least that guy has experienced a world series championship in his lifetimes as opposed to any Cubs fan there is that hasn't died or was older than about two or three when it actually happened.

23. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Yes. And thank you for bumping it to the new page. I was kind of bummed that it took me a while to find it and then it ended up at the bottom of page 1.

Sorry sam, but it never gets old. Since I have it in cut and paste mode, I'll let you go find the other places your portrait is popping up.

Btw, I was at Game 6 in 1985.

:D

Suck the pipe cardinal fan.

Um, sam. Do you know what a hoosier is?

24. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hilarious. Trivia: What major baseball trophy have the Cardinals won within the last calendar year that the Cubs haven't won for nearly an entire century?

I'm sure you'll suggest it's somebody from Indiana, but I assure you, some use it as all people like the one you've copied and pasted.

25. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    MLS Cup? Supporters Shield? No...the US Open Cup!