These Italians...

Discussion in 'Korea' started by YCashMoney42, Dec 13, 2005.

1. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
  2. gatch

gatch Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Seoul and Melbourne
    LMAO- This kind of behaviour does not suprise me one bit.
    Here is another story in English.
    http://www2.sbs.com.au/home/index.php3?id=66291

Actually they have a relatively easy draw. Italy, Ghana, USA, Czec Rep

3. Josephus

Josephus BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 11, 2005
    I don't believe that Ahn lost his job because he scored a goal. I think it was more due to the haughty remarks he made after the game, and for claiming that Korean football was superior to Italian football. I think most people who make these kinds of remarks publically would probably lose their jobs too. Why should we make special exception for footballers? Would we be surprised if a foreign player in K-League were to lose their job after having made similar denigrating remarks about Korean soccer?

But perhaps if Ahn were a franchise sort of player he might have been excused for the indiscretion. But as it was, he was the one who everyone in Perugia knew as the Korean benchwasher, as Hiddink would put it. And a lazy one at that. Ultimately, a player's value is demonstrated on the football field, and this was the reason that Ahn was dispensable.

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Biggest Ahn hater ever.

5. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    If I remember correctly, Ahn thanked Italian football for helping improve his game. I think that the Italian media repoted that he allegedly claimed that Korean football was superior to Italian football only after gaucchi (or whatever his name was) said he couldn't come back.

6. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    are you being sarcastic? I would say they have one of the harder draws with the Yanks and Czech. Ghana will probably be a surprise too.

7. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    well, the italians, with all their big name players, should be able to easily dispose of ghana and the usa. of course, should, but, who knows what will happen.

8. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That hole in the ozone down there must be messing with your brain ... this may be the dumbest post ever - if not, certainly in the top 10. Check your head sport ...

9. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Amazing...wud a self-hater.

Anyways, why is Italy bitching and moaning? Sounds like theyre giving way too much respect to the US of A. Anyone able to get to the bottom of this?

10. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Exactly

11. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well I think we're talking about the Italian perspective because I think most people would say Czechs and the Eye-tals would be moving on from this group. From what Ive read, they seem to be grumbling most about the game with the U.S.

No disrespect but I'd like to know why.

12. Kor_Ita_21

Kor_Ita_21 Member

Aug 17, 2004
    because USA is a good team. If 2002 was any indication of how far they've come, they are a great team. They should have beaten Germany, a team that pretty much dominated Korea in the semis. And I'm not saying this because of their high FIFA rankings. I think there's an unfair perception that US isn't good at soccer. They have a very decent shot at winning their group. Italy has the right to be nervous about the draw, because they have a very decent shot at failing to make it out of the group stage. Of course, this doesn't absolve all of their whinings. what a bunch of babies. I hope they don't win a single game in Germany.

13. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well we have a difference of an opinion then, because I dont rate them. I mean, people are making them sound like Sweden and to me theres a huge difference between them.

Ive seen a number of friendlies involving the U.S. in the last two years and overall, I found them to be clumsy, technically inept, and the same ole same ole counter-attacking reliant team.

Course, my inability to see what you do may have a lot to do with the fact that I fell asleep at some point during each of these friendlies but I still think I saw enough to base an observation on.

14. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If 2002 was any indication of how far theyve come, they are no better at this game than we are.

In fact we utterly dominated them during our match in 2002 and were the reason why they got in the 16s in the first place.

15. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    yep, if we let Portugal tie us during the group stages, the US wouldnt have advanced.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You're right, the group is pretty tough.

17. InMotion

InMotion New Member

Sep 27, 2002
    New York, NY
    It's not an easy group...but not as hard as Group C (Netherlands, Argentina, Serbia & Montenegro and Cote d'Ivoire). I rate Netherlands and Argentina above Italy and Czech Republic and, by implication, USA. And I rate Cote d'Ivoire above Ghana. Serbia & Montenegro is not far, if any, below USA.

18. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    well, the Czechs are one of the strongest of the 3rd pot teams, and the US is also one of the strongest of the 4th pot teams. I think group E is quite a tough group, probably second only to group C. But if anyone can complain it should be Argentina, I think. Seeded and thrown into the GOD for 2 tournaments in a row...

19. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Well, it looks like I'm going to be rooting against the Italians this year. I hope the US trashes them.

20. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Eh, they've already won two world cups. That's two more than so many other countries.

21. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    You're right, At 2002, Korea was better than USA a little bit. But currently this USA team is a LOT of better than 2002 one due to BIG improvement on both defense and attacking. Only the midfield stay as same and a little improvement.

Anyway, you guys got a sissy group and you should advance to 16.

22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Living here in US, i personally don't think US improved greatly from 2002. So a lot is an overstatement in my opinion. I think Beasley has become a much better player though since 2002 and imo, defense improved a bit. US always had good set of goalkeepers so that's not surprising.

Just ignore these skanky italians. They were bytching about the hot weather in Euro 2004. They always come up with retarded excuses.

23. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    I heard that Park Ji Sung's back still hurts from carrying the US team to the second round three years ago.

Didn't help that he had to carry Beasley also last year. :D

24. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    eh, so what about it? Apparently Italians are whining about how they are placed in a difficult group this time, and my response to that was seeing how the Argentinians were placed in the Group of Death for 2 tournaments in a row, they probably have a better case to complain about the draw...

25. ulji

ulji Red Card

Aug 1, 2005
    It would not surprise me one bit if Josephus was a half with a Korean mother.