There's trouble in Blue Heaven (R)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by turnaround, Sep 14, 2002.

1. turnaround

turnaround New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Jena...what is the problem in your opinion?

2. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    Williams

Whoever is bashing Ford Williams is way off base.
    He's a great kid, and an oustanding keeper. He is on the U-20 national team, which means he can play.

3. NorthGoalGang

NorthGoalGang Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Coventry, CT
    Considering how little time college teams have to prepare for the season, it's not surprising to see results like this early in the campaign. I'd be more worried about this kind of result if it were happening in late October.

4. Jenagrantfan

Jenagrantfan New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    Don't know much about Ford other than his credentials. I do know how different it is to stand in there during an ACC game vs. A CASL game. Its a tough call as to who plays, both are solid, and both are also prone to a mistake or two. I wouldn't say UNC GKing is a strength, but I don't think I would go as far as too say its a weakness. And like the rest of the team, the GKing will get better as the season progresses.

5. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    From what I understand, you could put Oliver Kahn in goal for UNC and it wouldn't matter because the 10 field players aren't pulling their weight. Williams is a quality keeper...by the end of the season, everyone will see that this kid is for real.