There's a New Sheriff in Town - The 2021-22 Other Teams thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Aug 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    New season, new era, new thread.
    And a new, better thread title than the one I posted is welcomed so feel free to suggest an alternative.

And what better way to start off the new campaign with a Helmond Cup update. :thumbsup:

SV Wehen Wiesbaden 0:3 Borussia Dortmund

Next:
    Saturday 14 August
    Bundesliga, 1. Spieltag
    Borussia Dortmund v Eintracht Frankfurt

Cosmin10 and celito repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hear from my sources that PSG negotiations with Messi are hitting a problem. Qatar and UEFA are having trouble coming to an agreement as to how much UEFA will get paid to turn a blind eye to FFP. Rumors are that the city of Doha garbage collection service may become a new PSG sponsor for 200m over 5 years and that would bring PSG in accordance with FFP rules.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Assuming Pep would have wanted Messi, imagine him inking the deal with Grealish for 100m Pounds and before the ink is dry they hear the Messi news and could have had him on a free transfer ... :ROFLMAO:

4. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSG should definitely be winning the CL in this upcoming season. Mbappe, Neymar, Messi, as trio is something you don’t even see in FIFA.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Given Mbappe doesn't like playing central, Neymar plays more like Messi does, I can see it not working. Of course it won't matter against the weaker teams and they will probably batter them. But against tougher competition I can see that not working out. Obviously it will depend on what good teams are out there this season.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    MSN was most likely better and we won 1 out of 4 CL.

Also, PSG won’t have anyone at Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets level much less two of them.

8. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Doesn’t matter. They have a great superteam to win the CL. Imagine not winning the CL with these players. PSG should be banned from football if they failed to win the CL this season. They have arguably the best team alongside Man City. Their attack is phenomenal, midfield and defense are great too.

9. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    MSN was way superior but in the last season of them, the midfield was dead tired. Iniesta was injured all the time and old, Rakitic was exhausted, Busquest alone, then there were Gomes, Denis Suarez....

At least PSG now have better midfield.

10. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #10 JoCryuff98, Aug 10, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    ******** PSG. Stealing the best player we had in history. I hope they never win any CL, just like how Benfica was cursed by Guttmann after their second European Cup win. Revenge is the only answer and Barcelona should aim to humiliate them. Also, I despise Laporta for letting this happen. Terrible decision because we still need Messi during the transition phase until everything is sorted out. This garbage club is the worst thing to come out of a beautiful country like France. PSG is Real Madrid 2.0 in my eyes now. I absolutely hate them.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Out of Neymar and Messi ... who should be taking the PKs is actually Ramos. Wonder how that's gonna go :ROFLMAO:

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ironically UEFA loosening FFP regulations is probably enabling PSG to sign on Messi and Man City to splurge on Grealish + Kane. Oil clubs taking advantage to the fullest.

inswinger and ShortyMac repped this.
  13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I can't imagine why Di Maria would be happy with Messi signing :ROFLMAO:

Except for the fact I guess that Neymar is now typically injured for 1/3 to 1/2 of a season. Come to think of it, if Neymar is injured again for a prolonged amount of time or in the CL KO stages, they'd be an Mbappe injury away from having to have Messi to carry their offense on his back :laugh:

ShortyMac and Cosmin10 repped this.
  14. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    7th Liga position Villareal dominate Chelsea, they loses though.

15. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    apparently Ramos offered to let Messi stay in his house while he gets his affairs sorted out.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The moment CR deleted Ramos from his mobile contact.

ShortyMac and unclesox repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn't take that offer.

19. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT: Brentford 2-0 Farsenal

:D:ROFLMAO:

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ManU hammered 5 x 1 Leeds. Fernandes with hat trick and Pogba with 4 assists. Didn't realize Varane made the move to ManU. This guy really wanted out.

Just saw PSG fans booed Mbappe's name for not renewing his contract. Madrid media spreading news that he his unhappy with Messi's signing in hope of destabilizing him. Not sure he is, but it would kind of make sense if he gets pushed out of position to accommodate Messi. AFAIK he still gets subbed while Neymar plays whole games ... and he actually plays most of the season. Having said that, would it be smart for him to go to Madrid right now ?

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Technically PSG has :

- Messi who didn't want to leave Barca.
    - Ramos who didn't want to leave Madrid.
    - Neymar who went there but wanted to leave.
    - Verratti who at one point wanted to leave.
    - Even Navas really wanted to stay at Madrid.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Idk. On one hand PSG finally seems to have the team to win it all barring a good but not necessarily great midfield. On the other hand Mbappe already had to deal with playing second fiddle to Neymar and now he is behind Messi too. At Madrid he’ll surely be the main man next to a still prolific but aging Benzema.

If I’m Mbappe I’d have my cake and eat it too. Run down his contract, get at least one year playing in the best attack in the world on paper and who knows, he might just win it all and on top of it get to go to his alleged dream club and possibly get better wages and bonuses as a result of Madrid getting him “for free”.

That is if PSG don’t relegate him to the bench as “punishment”.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right. He is going to play at least 1 year it seems. It would be silly to pass that opportunity up and a decent chance at CL to go and start something at Madrid. It would be a dick move for PSG to bench him as punishment. They want the CL badly and that would be counter productive with Neymar's flakiness and Messi's age. Nasser sent Mbappe a message to Mbappe just a couple of days ago saying that now there is no reason for him to leave. There is definitely some tension going on between them.

24. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    There’s definitely tension. Nasser has been uttering these passive aggressive attempts at warding off potential suitors in the media, while Mbappe has been awkwardly silent on the matter, indicative of having an opposing view/plan.

I’d be very surprised if Mbappe signs an extension at this point. Seems even money cannot sway him as I’m certain no other club could offer him as much money as PSG can, and they’ve certainly exhausted that option.

Seems he really wants to leave. On one hand I’m glad someone finally stuck it to that stuck-up fool Nasser, on the other hand I hate that Madrid is his destination. Oh well. I’m still holding out hope that Fati will be the nemesis to Mbappe.

25. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Mbappe has big ego. He wants to be team best player, not second or third.