There's a game today at 7

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Jiggly_333, Jun 25, 2022.

?

There's a game today

1. Fire win

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Fire tie

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Fire lose

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. scoreless tie

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Something stupid happens

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  6. raccoon

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  7. malort

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  8. rubber dick

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  9. i'm so tired

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jiggly_333

Jiggly_333 Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 8, 2015
    Corner of Bedlam and Squalor (It's that way ->)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    i'm so tired

Pennsylvania Dave and xtomx repped this.
  2. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    I can’t imagine what formation that would be

dude is trash

Pennsylvania Dave and bunge repped this.
  3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I know you’re saying this part in truth and part in jest, but at Philly he apparently found success and happiness in a two striker formation. We knew that when we signed him and we haven’t bothered to play him with a strike partner. It’s baffling.

I understand that we don’t have a capable strike partner but until we at least try, I have to assume we haven’t seen Przybyłko’s best. His best still may not be good enough but at the very least coming here has been a raw deal for him.

4. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He got a raw deal in terms of on the field but the dude did get a significant pay bump.

5. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I’m sure that’s great but does anyone really want to accept a new job even for more money if when you get there they turn around and tell you you’re going to be doing something you both can’t do and dislike?

6. Kacper was a solid player in Philly. Most here were glad to get him. I believe most of us here do not lay the lion's share of the team's failure at Ezra's feet. But he has been inflexible tactically. He also seems to be married to filling out his lineup card according to the paycheck. It's not working. Either tinker with the formation to suit Kacper, or bench him.

xtomx, bunge, Martininho and 1 other person repped this.
  7. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That sucks if Ezra and Heitz sold him false goods. Just like any employee should be able to do without fear of repercussion, he should tell Ezra that his game plans are just not working.

8. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Hopefully his lack of production is telling enough for our technical staff. :D

9. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    The most generous take toward Kacper is that Heinz and Ezra are not in the same page

I know numbers don’t lie and he put up goals, but watching him play the issue does not seem to be a lack of a second striker — his touch is heavy, he drops way deep, he biffs 80% of the chances he has had, he’s not dangerous in the air, he doesn’t make runs, he has no creativity — I am truly baffled

Pennsylvania Dave, xtomx and goldclover repped this.
  10. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So far it isn't.

Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  11. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-0 and it could easily have been double that. Made a bad Houston side look like feckin' Bayern.

In other news, Thorington lands a couple of nobodies from Europe to strengthen LAFC's bench (Chiellini, most impact may be on the training pitch and locker room, presumably he can also speak Spanish(?), and his English is more than passable; Bale could be a big-time difference maker, if he stays healthy).

I was going to give the Fire through the July 9 game with San Jose to show me something for this year...but after this shyte show, I seriously have to question why.

The Fire still can't put their few chances on frame, and their defensive regression is appalling. Why waste time with this garbage, I'll gladly invest that same time to the Womens' Euros and CONCACAF qualifiers, and to the far more deserving Red Stars.

bunge repped this.
  12. I just want to tailgate with Chiellini and his English is more than passable. My wife used to say Salvatore Schillaci had a face you wouldn't want to see in a dark alley. She has added Chiellini to that list. Funny, I grew up around people who looked like that and called them family. I wouldn't mind tailgating with Rino Gattuso and there's another face my wife wouldn't want to see in a dark alley.

Martininho, NotHelmut and bunge repped this.
  13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    In more optimistic news, here is my greenhouse at the end of day two.

Just the panels and anchoring it to the 4 x 6 base and we are finished.

Tomorrow, weather permitting.

It is very tall (about 12' at the peak). IMG_20220626_185408099.jpg

Fuegofan, GHjelm, Andy Zilis and 8 others repped this.
  14. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    The Fire could use Gattuso. Fede needs help so he can focus on a smaller portion of the field.

15. If we have Gattuso Fede can concentrate on the bench.

bunge repped this.
  16. Andy Zilis

Andy Zilis Member+

Mar 9, 2005
    Rochelle, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say that you can't start Przybylko on Wednesday, but it's against his former team, and weird things can happen in situations like that. I really want Duran to get more than 15 minutes at the end with several starters already subbed off, though, so ideally for me, Duran starts.

I don't fault Ezra for subbing out Gutierrez at HT. Kid was invisible the entire first half, and the few times I did notice him, he didn't seem to be putting in enough of an effort. I've liked his play a lot this year, but this was not a good game.

17. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But a goalkeeper would love to have both Gattuso and Chiellini fronting them. Poor Schillaci, he committed the mortal (in Italy) sin of being a skilled striker who wasn't beautiful.

18. All the beautiful skilled Italian strikers are from Argentina. Today there are a few beautiful Italian strikers, but too few are skilled.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Someone would beg to differ.
    cae0f155e140b17e3910b290e731efab--uefa-champions-league-as-roma.jpg

bunge repped this.
  20. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #70 Pennsylvania Dave, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    OK I voted well after I knew the result so of course voted for loss, exhaustion and stupidity and ALMOST voted Malort as I was at Binny's on 83 earlier on Sunday and hotfooted it back to Kentucky and watched the replay which was frustrating but ultimately it was the choice to buy Czech Fernet instead of Malort which won the day. I HAD a bottle of Malort in my hands and then put it back because the Fernet was 2 dollars cheaper and definitely more palatable for a pre dinner shot. Mueller looked boss. Guti had a few shining moments. Again the Fire should have won but can we finally call an end to the Przyblko experiment? He just can't score in whore house! More of the same, looking good but losing.

I guess I don't follow Philly and Kacper's career enough to know this but it's a great point. I can understand the logic and I'm for it. Frustration level is at a new time high but in a completely different way than the Hauptman years. More like I see a glimmer of "HOPE" and before it was just frustratingly hopeless so which is better? I dunno?

If you don't mind I'd be very interested to. know the final materials cost for this project and your best guestimation on hours spent. I need to build a garage and after it's up and passed all the inspections and hoops for a free standing structure am planning on bumping out the side for a greenhouse for the wifey. She is very adroit in the nurturing and growing plants department.

xtomx and bunge repped this.
  21. Skilled, yes.
    Beautiful, no.

22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

The greenhouse kit was about $700.00 (10x12 from Harbor Freight). This list is $850.00, but they are often on sale/coupon sale.
    By the way, Palram (the primary "name" brand) is way easier to assemble, as it is "snap together" and not bolted, but costs three times as much to purchase.

So far, we have spent about 12 hours each on building of the greenhouse. There was one section (the door hanger ledge) that we spent about 4 hours working on, as we had to do it about six times to get it right. The rest has been pretty simple.

For someone like you, who knows what he is doing, it would probably about 15-20 hours of labor, that seems to be the average for this project, based on the reviews I have read and watched.

The paver base I hired someone to do.
    Digging was $65 (1 hour for a guy with a tractor at $65 per hour)
    Pavers were $210 (140 at $1.50 each)
    Materials for the pavers were about $400 (crushed red granite, sand, 4x6 timbers, polymeric sand, etc.)
    Labor was about $700 to create lay out and install the pavers

The total cost was a tad over $2,000.00.

Finally, there are a number of really nice sun room/lean to greenhouses which I have considered building and attaching to the side of the house. Some are metal/glass and some are plastic/acrylic. That might be a decent alternative for the garage.

23. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thanks for the numbers. More affordable than I thought.

[​IMG]

xtomx repped this.
  24. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No problem.

I found a pretty clever "installation kit" for the plastic from a guy in Texas, with 3D printed brackets and a silicone guide he invented.

I ordered it, so I have set aside installing the plastic until it arrives.

Pennsylvania Dave repped this.