There is so much irrational MLS hating among europeans (and eurosnobs) regarding MLS

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by pokemoncards, Apr 13, 2006.

1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Re: There is so much irrational MLS hating among europeans (and eurosnobs) regarding

Every country basically is like that. I don't think that many people from other countries would bother with the UK or German leagues if they're players are on it. Not many englishmen are play outside Britannia...so of course you won't cover it as much. Many Spaniards and Frenchmen and now Germans will follow the Premiership more closely because a lot of their best players are plying their trade in England.

2. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Re: There is so much irrational MLS hating among europeans (and eurosnobs) regarding

Come on man, don't kill it.

It much more fun when people take these comments to heart...

3. Kev_In

Kev_In New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Middlesbrough UK

Hah yeah that's a pretty cool record, I prefer their earlier stuff though!

The over-reactions in this thread are ridiculous. If you don't want to be viewed as some sort of stereotypical joke, then don't act like one. English people get stereotyped as having bad teeth and bad attitudes. So you know what I do? Brush my teeth and not act like a dickhead. Americans over here are stereotyped as paranoid egomaniacs...you see where I'm heading with this?

Reading some of the statements made in here, especially the term "Eurosnob", just makes me think you're as bad as those ignorantly slamming the MLS.

Rather than making everything into a competition of "OUR PLAYERS ARE BETTER! OUR ATTACKERS ARE FASTER! OUR LEAGUE WILL BE BETTER!", just watch whichever matches you want and enjoy yourself. All of this just makes people sound really childish. I personally can't wait to see more MLS matches since I haven't had the chance to see many yet, and at the same time I'll keep watching the Premier League and the Italian League regularly.

4. Kev_In

Kev_In New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Middlesbrough UK

Hmm, sort of. That's definitely true of the German league, but the popularity of the Spanish and Italian leagues is largely because they get (or in Italy's case GOT) very good TV coverage here. The Spanish league is featured almost every night over here, and the Italian league used to have fantastic coverage on Channel 4, but it's been moved over to Bravo and as a result far less people follow it.

But what you're saying is true, I'm pretty sure there was an increase in Spanish football on TV when Beckham joined Real Madrid.

5. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton

Wait a second, you havn't seen many MLS matches?

You must be a good ol fashioned dyed-in-the-wool Eurosnob yourself than. And one with rotten teeth and a bad attitude to match.

6. REMOVED

REMOVED New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I understand more than ever. Sanneh played about 10 games a year in Germany over 6 seasons and some years played zero games. He returns to the MLS and receives a multi-year contract for mega MLS dollars. It is a joke and Peter Wilt keeps telling it.

7. purpleronnie

purpleronnie New Member

May 29, 2006