Theo Van Gogh is dead

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Ted Cikowski, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    For those that don't know, Theo Van Gogh is a Dutch film maker who was outspoken about the treatment of women in Islamic culture was murdered by apparently a man wearing Islamic clothes. He received several death threats from Muslims in the Netherlands for the past 2 years. SOme muslims accused Van Gogh (yes, he is a relative of THAT Van gogh) of being anti-Islam but in his movies he worked with Muslims, especially the movie 'Submission' which you can watch online at www.theovangogh.nl which was written by a Muslim man with the help of a woman who renounced Islam.

It's a shame that no one really wants to address the fact that women get treated like dirt in the middle east, even in Hamtramck, Michigan you see women with full garb walking behind the man or in the back seat of a car with no one in the passenger seat.

Apparently if you speak publicly about it in the Netherland you can be murdered.

2. LA Galaxy Fan

LA Galaxy Fan Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Tokyo
    Drudge Report
    Dutch prosecutors: Police have arrested eight suspected Islamic radicals in investigation of filmmaker Theo Van Gogh's killing... Developing...

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no terrorist threat.

- Michael Moore

4. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    That was a homocide. That is crime. Im not saying its cool. But what are we gonna do, lock up or kill every muslim in the world?

5. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, just the ones who want us dead.

This was not a lover's triangle or a street mugging or a botched burglary.

Rather, THIS was ideological murder. What US Libs would call a "hate crime"

Now when somebody kicks sh!t out of a gay guy or takes a pot shot at an abortionist, the left is quick to condemn not just the crime, but the perp's motives and the motives of the group with which he is associated.

But "fundamentalists" are only to be despised and condemned when they're Christians, according to the left. Islamic fundamentalists (the facists who actually DO go around committing hate crimes, sometimes on a massive scale when they can finagle the means) are just more evidence of US intolerance and lack of sophistication because we aren't bright enough to deal with their "legitimate grievances" and fail to appreciate how WE PURSELVES are the ones to blame.

Sorry, bud, but nobody is buying that line of crap in the US any more. Michael Moore and the Hollywood crowd are all done now.

We won, you lost.

6. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    did you guys watch the english version of 'submission' ? I thought it was pretty powerful.

As for Jakrock, no we should not arrest all muslims. We should treat a crime commited by a muslim the same way we treat a crime commited by anyone else.

7. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    This is borderline neg rep material, just because you seem to believe that Jackrock can think in anything more than bumpersticker cliche's

Let's just agree to give peace a chance and let jackrock go away happy.

8. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey, dum******** - read this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/06/international/europe/06dutch.html

You and your leftie pal Cikowski wanna tell me again that this wasn't a terrorist killing?

You guys have got to get over this absurd meme that the radicLibs have instilled in you that we need to be more careful about lumping all Muslims together.

Until Western Civilization is under assault by Swedes and the Rosicrucians, being a young Islamic male puts you under suspicion.

Don't blame me for this - blame your fellow Muslims. We don't like in Cloud Cukoo Land here.

9. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    I find it hurtful that you would call me a leftie. I prefer the term 'nuanced'.

As a nuanced individual I will say that regarding your above post my position is this: haliburton, fox news, rednecks, jesusland, stolen election, the guardian and the new york times, blood for oil, France.