The2010 Summer Transfer Thread 3|The Brazilian Big Baby, the Swedish Meatball, and the Monster Masch

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by jfcule, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  2. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The2010 Summer Transfer Thread 3|The Brazilian Big Baby, the Swedish Meatball, and the Monster M

No German/Turkish delight huh?

3. b4rcelona

b4rcelona Member

May 9, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: The2010 Summer Transfer Thread 3|The Brazilian Big Baby, the Swedish Meatball, and the Monster M

nope.

4. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sid Lowe on the Guardian podcast (yes it's back!) doesn't think the Masch transfer is going to happen because of financial reasons. Hopefully his prediction goes the way of the several predictions he made last season that LPB would overtake Barca.

Thread title got too long. The official title is "Steel Cage Match Main Event: Brazilian BigBaby and The Monster Masch VS Swedish Meatball and Der Jung Turk."

5. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

lmao how do you think of these funny titles? you're a natural mutante! :D

6. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Sid Lowe also said that Pep seems to want to promote from within the club.

7. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

AKA Oriol Romeu.

8. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

The young guys looked good today and it's fantastic that Pep likes to give the youngsters chances. But I think 1 or 2 signings should be made. The youngsters will have a season in the Segunda which will be very valuable. I'm really looking forward to see the games of Barca B too.

I hope Mascherano can come, he is one of the best on his position in the world and he is a type of player we don't have at Barca. He could be good in some games in Champions League against very physical teams.

Hernanes would have been good for Barca too I think(even though he doesnt have the same style as Mascherano) but he went to Lazio.

Elias from Corinthians is a other interesting player. Rosell will look in Brazil for players for sure cause he knows the market there very well and he likes Brazilian players.

I'm not sure about Özil though, of course he is a good player but we have many players in the offense and they are young so I prefer to give them the chance.

9. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You never quite know what to believe, one minute the transfer of Masch appears to be imminent and the next it's off. It would be a shame if we don't sign him, yeah it's great to promote youngsters from within, but those players need time to develop and not all of them are going to make it. Barca have always, always brought some of the best players in the world, and all our rivals are strengthing so I think we would be at a disadvantage if we don't make a couple of signings and Masch would be great one.

10. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't have a problem promoting from within, but sometimes you get a Oleguer or two for every Pedro and Messi.

11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

It doesn't seem like Mascherano is coming either. Oriol Romeu did good yesterday but I think we need someone more experienced and a year in Segunda will be good for Oriol Romeu.

Barca showed interest in Capoue and Sissoko from Toulouse before, only 2 weeks left on the transfer window now.

12. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

SidLowe said Zubi said Masch is not coming.

13. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Yeah he is not coming, Arteta also signed a new contract for Everton so none of the transfer targets playing that position came. I read that Barca made a bid for Ramires too but he chose Chelsea.

14. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

I think we need Masch. Not only on the field, but as a statement. We can't show we're weak/in trouble. Confidence is everything in this league, and we need to show that we're getting stronger. After last night's loss, we kinda need to smash a fist in the table.

15. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

really? i wasn't impressed. admittedly it's a tough game to judge him by considering the circumstances. but we were completely dominated in the midfield battle in the second half. certainly not all his fault and he had a few good touches in the first half, but i saw nothing that gives me any confidence that he could fill in for busi in an important game.

16. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I think he did ok, he didn't come in and dominate but he wasn't bad. But like I said, someone more experienced need to be brought in. I agree with you that he won't be able to play in important games if Busi get's injured or suspended. A year in Segunda will do wonders for some players cause it's a not a easy league and there are some good teams there so I expect Oriol Romeu and the other youngsters to develop a lot this year. Oriol Romeu definitely got potential and in about a year or too I think he will be a part of the first team squad.

Where do you guys think Barca should strengthen the team? And which players would you prefer to see in the blaugrana shirt?

17. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

GK: Sergio Asenjo
    DF: A Centre back of Pique's type, someone who can distribute the ball from the back.
    MF: Masch
    AK: No one else, we are pretty stacked in that position.

18. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

A goalkeeper won't be bought since Pinto signed for one more season. But I would like to have a better reserve keeper too.

Miño looked ok in the beginning yesterday but after that he made some mistakes and he is not ready to be the 2nd goalkeeper yet. Maybe next year, Miño and Oier got potential.

I don't know if we will sign any center back like Pique but I think Caceres should get one more chance.

The only thing I think Barca need right now is a good DM.

I believe Adriano will make a good season and maybe even play better than Abidal who looked shaky yesterday.

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Oezil has signed for Real Madrid.

20. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

That's good. I didn't want him at Barca.

21. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

Gotta love this. Mourinho did not want him at all, he wants a striker or a left winger....and This is Florentino telling Kaka, Canales and VDV they can go eff themselves. Who wears the pants in Madrid? definetly not Mou, because if he did they would not have signed the Alien looking Turk...I mean German.

22. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

He's a German citizen of Turkish descent, do you have a problem with that?

23. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

I'm making fun of a madridista, i know he is German take a chill pill. I said that because in the World Cup there were rumours about him having actually been born in Germany and not Turkey, because he didn't sing the National Anthem....Calm down.

24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

OK mate, I'll calm down, but I know there has been a fair bit of racist c**p directed towards Oezil, anyway, I'm just taking my chill pill now. :D

25. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Oezil parents were even born in germany....

..chill pill :D